Dipikant

I-130 File in Washington DC field office (Fairfax VA)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I called USCIS some time back and they said my file is in Washington DC field office but I did not get any notice about the transfer.

Last month I had an Infopass interview at Washington DC field office (Fairfax, VA), the officer went inside after checking in the system and taking all my details and after 10 mins she came out and told me that yes' your file is here in Washington DC field office (Can it be true?) and no immigration officer assigned to it. Then she said - "I don’t know when an immigration office will be assigned and I know it’s frustrating, but please have patience and wait".

Any one has any idea – what did she check inside? Did she talk to someone or checked in another system?

I have scheduled one more interview for coming Friday, but not sure what else I can ask other than asking whats going on with my file.

Please let me know what else I can ask the immigration officer?

Also, Please shar all your experiences about Washington DC FO, I would appreciate it!

Thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Fiji
Timeline

the IO probably went to check the workflow status but you never know

Washington dc is way way backed up.. there is another thread on the site dedicated to it

8/16/2012 I-129F NOA1
11/8/2012 Married
1/3/2013 I-129F cancelled
1/29/2013 withdrawal notice received
2/5/2013 I-130 NOA1 with error on wife's name
Case status not available
2/5/2013 Unable to generate service request

3/13/2013 transferred to local office
3/26/2013 Service request generated
4/12/2013 Infopass, file in workflow March 28
4/19/2013 Case status available - APPROVED!

Detour to the NVC via NRC

For information on my detour and the steps I took to free my petition, check
"about me"

NVC

6/7/2013 NVC logs file as received

6/11/2013 Case number and IIN assigned

6/12/2013 DS-3032 emailed

6/13/21013 AOS paid

6/14/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention superuser (stupid me)

6/23/2013 DS-3032 emailed attention supervisor

6/24/2013 DS-3032 accepted

6/25/2013 IV bill generated and paid

07/06/2013 IV & AOS sent; 07/11/2013 NVC logs received

07/30/2013 IV Accepted; AOS Checklist

08/01/2013 AOS Checklist received

08/02/2013 AOS resent; 08/07/2013 NVC logs received

08/28/2013 Case Complete

09/10/2013 Interview date assigned

Embassy

08/14/2013 Medical; 08/19/2013 Medical Ready

08/07/2013 Police cert ordered (Fiji delivers straight to the embassy)

10/02/2013 Interview

xx/xx/2013 Visa in Hand

xx/xx/2013 POE Los Angeles International Airport

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422777-any-washington-dc-field-office-i-130-transfers/

Generally speaking if you use a PC and the advanced search tool you would have found it yourself. This site really is best used with a PC, otherwise you miss out on a great deal. :)

Hope your journey is fast.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.