GeeH

We got approved! Now next stage?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Right, got it.

We will call up the NVC (New Hampshire I believe) after next week to give them a week or so to recieve our papers (also to check they got sent there, I've been reading horror stories of peoples files going to the wrong place from California!)

If they have my case number, if not I will keep checking, but once I have my case number I will then call up the medical group in the UK to book an appointment for sometime at the end of July (if they have ones available), this gives them a month to transfer the papers from NVC to London. If I don't hear anything from London before my medical I will reschedule it. I'll send off my papers as soon as my letter arrives from embassy and the DS2001 AFTER I have had my medical.

I'm just so excited to get things rolling. We really want to get married before the end of the year, and hopefully before Dec as most of my family won't be able to come out to the US in December for the wedding otherwise, but right now setting a date is so difficult! Can't believe they even ask about your wedding date etc, do they even know their own process?? ClockWatch2.gif

Can't believe they even ask about your wedding date etc, do they even know their own process?? ClockWatch2.gif

My thoughts on date of wedding are here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=6296689

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Oh thanks Nich-Nick I guess I didn't think of it that way. Cool I'll put in our 'date' on the form then. Thanks for the heads-up!

Timeline

So the official papers from the NVC arrived at my Fiance's place today with an A number, which I'm guessing is my case number? Or am I mistaken? I'm going to call up for a medical if this is the correct number, can someone help me clarify? Sorry we've just been calling it LND I want to make sure it's the correct thing!

Timeline

OK I just read that the A number is different to the case number. How can I get a hold of my case number if I have the I-797 notice?

OK I just read that the A number is different to the case number. How can I get a hold of my case number if I have the I-797 notice?

Your alien number (A-number) is found first on the NOA2 above your name and starts with "A". That is the I797 notice of approval.

Your USCIS case number Is on NOA1 and NOA2 and starts with "WAC" for California Service Center. The W is for "western". Vermont is E for "eastern".

Your Dept of State case number is created at the NVC and will start with "LND" for London. I already told you where you get it about 6 posts back. Find that because i'm not going to type it all again.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

RIGHT, Sorry Nich-Nick! Thank you!!! I'm just a little blurry this morning. I have read everything you have posted OVER and OVER and OVER again I promise, just want to make sure I am super clear and I don't mess anything up now :D

I will call NVC and see if they have the case number before I leave the US otherwise I'll do it on my return to the UK if it still hasn't arrived in the post over the next week or two.

My fiance is sorting out all I-134 items today, he has a letter from his employer stating his salary, A W2 from work for last year and most recent payslips. He is going to file his personal tax papers this week (He is a bit late with those I know) but not too worried as all the other items I think are sufficient enough I believe.

We're printing off pics of our trip to Paris and Hawaii with itinieraries too.

New police certificate is getting sent off in a weeks time once I have the photos signed by my friend who is a manager but using my existing one for the medical.

Then sending everything off once I have the new police certificate in my hand.

YAY! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.