GeeH

We got approved! Now next stage?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was getting worried because so many people from CSC were getting approvals from up to March Applicants and we were end of Feb but they just hadn't texted/emailed us and I waited until this morning to check the receipt number and there it was!! Yey... I've started the next part by filling all the paper work in, but can any London folk who have done this already please show me a link or something that say how I schedule appointments etc. Also I have a police certificate that's due to expire end of August (I had it done for something else last year and I had a spare copy of it) should I get a new one just in case?

Thank you all and thank you VJ for being sucha great site of resources, this journey has been so much better with it!

smile.png))

Edited by GeeH

I was getting worried because so many people from CSC were getting approvals from up to March Applicants and we were end of Feb but they just hadn't texted/emailed us and I waited until this morning to check the receipt number and there it was!! Yey... I've started the next part by filling all the paper work in, but can any London folk who have done this already please show me a link or something that say how I schedule appointments etc. Also I have a police certificate that's due to expire end of August (I had it done for something else last year and I had a spare copy of it) should I get a new one just in case?

Thank you all and thank you VJ for being sucha great site of resources, this journey has been so much better with it!

smile.png))

Start reason here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/

Continue reading til your eyes get blurry. :) LOTS of London specific information in the thread. Take a break and read some more.

Oh and DO click the links provided as they will lead you to information you need to know and bookmark.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Also if I were you I would get the police cert renewed because its cutting it fine, if theres any delays at getting it to NVC its realistic that it may expire by the time you need it. Id send it ASAP as it took mine 3 weeks to get to me (Standard mail not the fast track one u can pay more for)

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Timeline

Thanks Nich-Nick, funnily enough I have read that thread a few times already and it's a great source!

For me I'm interested as to how long it's taking these days to schedule a medical exam and can I only book it once I have received the letter from NVC? Also, if I was to order a police certificate, can I take the current one I have to the medical and the new one to the interview, it wouldn't matter would it that they are dated from different years?

Timeline

Oh also, what sort of Evidence do they want for the engagement? rign receipts or photos from engagement parties and cards be sufficient?

Oh also, what sort of Evidence do they want for the engagement? rign receipts or photos from engagement parties and cards be sufficient?

Im not at the NVC part yet myself but its my understanding you dont need need to wait for the letter to book the medical u can keep calling the consulate and as soon as you have your LND number you can call Knightsbridge and book the medical. This should buy you a good few days head start while waiting for the letter to come through.

Also I think the evidence they need is a letter saying you still intend to marry each other (similiar to original letter of intent) and ring receipt photos etc. should be sufficient for proof of ongoing relationship though not mandatory. Also remember how funny they are with engagement parties make sure no photos look like wedding celebrations

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Thanks Nich-Nick, funnily enough I have read that thread a few times already and it's a great source!

For me I'm interested as to how long it's taking these days to schedule a medical exam and can I only book it once I have received the letter from NVC? Also, if I was to order a police certificate, can I take the current one I have to the medical and the new one to the interview, it wouldn't matter would it that they are dated from different years?

Ring up Knightsbridge and ask. You'll get the best answer that way. Their scedule will vary week to week.

They won't book youR appointment until you know your new case number from NVC. Get it by phoning NVC or wait for the letter.

Police certificate--sure take the one you have. They just want to see if you have any arrest for drugs or drunken brawls so they can quiz you more about addictions and substance abuse for the mental clearance.

For London, they want no evidence of your engagement. None. ZERO. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks again! I'm currently in the US but i'm returning in a week. Upon getting notice on NOA2 in the US I hear it's a couple weeks until NVC gets papers right? But should l start calling the NVC next week for the case number, are they the only ones who will have the details?

When I called for a medical appointment on Friday of last week they had appointments less than a week later. If you're lucky, you could get one just as quickly (particularly if you're not fussy about when - mines at 8:50am which I imagine isn't a popular appointment slot)!

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Thank you lost_at_sea that info is really handy. Did you need the number from NVC to book the appointment?

Yes. They won't book anything until you have your LND number. The lady on the phone when I booked asked me if I had that and if I had my police certificate in hand or not.

I guess they don't want to have to deal with cancellations in the event police certs don't show up as fast as people anticipate, and without the LND they have no system to reconcile medical results with embassy files.

Oh, we didn't have to worry about it, but I've seen this warning for others. If you get your LND early from NVC by calling them, make sure you book your medical exam out a couple weeks. You'll want to make sure you've given enough time for NVC to get your file to London so they have it on record, else you could have your medical and they could send the results before the embassy has your file and well.. confusion on their end!

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Timeline

I'm not planning on booking medical exam until after I get back from Turkey on the 21st July, which I think would be a long enough wait to get my case number from the NVC I reckon, but I was wondering if the medical peeps would book my appointment and I give them the number when I get there. I guess I'll have to ask them?

Also, maybe I'm just being a bit stupid or just confused after everything I've read, but do you get your case number only once you've sent off the DS230 pt1, DS156, DS156K and DS157 and the DS2001? OR do you need your case number, which is sent from the NVC and the letter they send you before you send all those off? I have all the documentation I need to move forward and I can pretty much send all this off as soon as I land in the UK next week from the US.

I'm not planning on booking medical exam until after I get back from Turkey on the 21st July, which I think would be a long enough wait to get my case number from the NVC I reckon, but I was wondering if the medical peeps would book my appointment and I give them the number when I get there. I guess I'll have to ask them?

Also, maybe I'm just being a bit stupid or just confused after everything I've read, but do you get your case number only once you've sent off the DS230 pt1, DS156, DS156K and DS157 and the DS2001? OR do you need your case number, which is sent from the NVC and the letter they send you before you send all those off? I have all the documentation I need to move forward and I can pretty much send all this off as soon as I land in the UK next week from the US.

Folks who don't call ahead for their LND get theirs when they receive Packet 3 from the embassy. This is just a letter with a link to the website and their LND number. The website tells you what to do next. So then you send back all the forms. http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html

The forms can be returned before or after the medical. Up to you.

The medical people won't book you without your LND.

LND is your key to next steps. You need it to book the medical and return forms.

Edited by lost_at_sea

26th August 2016 - NOA1

7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

smile.png))

Congratulations! :) I envy you. Our noa1 is Feb 7 but still no noa2.:(

I try to keep my London answers in the UK forum, but you are getting a little off track here.

When your petition is approved, then you are leaving USCIS. The NVC marks your entry to the Dept of State (DOS) which is the government agency over the embassy and is responsible for visas. The NVC is located in the US and assigns new DOS case numbers. If you would read again the K1 London thread, this post http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5137390 tells you to not send anything to the embassy before your file is received and logged in by London. They have a method to notify you they are ready for your forms. Knowing your LND number has nothing to do with sending forms. Having your LND number is a ploy by the medical people to keep you from jumping the gun and booking before the proper step in the process. It shows you have finished USCIS and the NVC handoff stage.

Who knows your LND number?

The NVC who generates it and will notify the petitioner by letter or also give it over the phone.

The embassy in London once they get the file. They will notify the beneficiary in a letter saying you are now cleared to send your visa applications. It costs per minute to talk to them and they give poor info.

The DOS who has everything from NVC and every embassy on their computers. They will give it over the phone.

Try reading this post again http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5137390

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.