Joanne and Adam

Wrong Affidavit of Support

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Same situation here, but I double checked everything with him before he sent the affidavid of support package to me, just to make sure there won't be any problems. tbh, his mom, who is the cosponsor, was far more involved than he was. He did warned me before, that he was terrible at homework in school when he was young. That was my first clue tongue.png

Adam hardly even gave me a chance to go through it properly with him. "Lets do this later" "I'm not in the mood to do this now" "Stop nagging at me" dry.png His mother is more involved than he is too- she's been really great through all of this.

Adam was also terrible with school work- never listened, never took notes etc- I was looking through his old schoolbooks when I was visiting in January and they are spotless! Not a word in them laughing.gif Somehow he managed to graduate and is now looking into studying engineering at uni so some miracle has definitely occurred somewhere along the lines.

He won't get the option to leave me alone with the paperwork when we're living together- I'll glue his rear end to the seat if I have to!

[November 2006] Met online on IMVU
[8th July 2010] First meeting in person (London Heathrow)
-1 month spent together-
[28th July 2010] Engaged!
[28th July 2011] My first time in America
-1 month spent together-
[July 2012] Finished School (A Levels)
[August 2012] I-129f Sent
[7th September 2012] NOA1 Received
[9th January 2013] My first winter in America
-1 month spent together-
[8th March 2013] NOA2 Received!
[6th April 2013] Letter from US Embassy in London Received!
[15th April 2013] DS Package sent off
[18th April 2013] Medical Exam
[20th April 2013] MRV Fee Paid
[22nd May 2013] Received Interview Date!
[24th June 2013] Interview! APPROVED!!
[27th June 2013] Visa Received!

[5th November 2012] AoS Package Sent
[5th August 2013] AoS Approved without Interview!

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, my fiance is busy filling out the forms and getting them signed ready to post this afternoon, I know that doesn't leave much time but we can only hope it gets here by Saturday at the latest. I'll have him scan the forms and send those to me too just in case.

Wish I could enjoy the wait until my interview instead of panicking that we wont have everything done on time... men are hopeless with paperwork.... dead.gif

Your Finace, not Men, may be hopeless with paperwork.

My husband has no clue how he got to American and became a US citizen. Our new neighbor has been a permanent resident from Zambia for most of her life. She asked him if he would help her apply for naturalizationsi since he did it last year. "Duh......ummm...ask my wife. She'll fix you up.". Hahaha.

I think it kinda rolls in one ear and out the other with the partner who isn't deeply immersed in it. All the acronyms and form numbers are a blur.

Gowon agrees with you and goes further to always recommends that both entities be fully immersed in the process.

Edited by Gowon

Timeline

Your Finace, not Men, may be hopeless with paperwork.

Hey I was only making a joke laughing.gif

-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-

Timeline

My husband has no clue how he got to American and became a US citizen. Our new neighbor has been a permanent resident from Zambia for most of her life. She asked him if he would help her apply for naturalizationsi since he did it last year. "Duh......ummm...ask my wife. She'll fix you up.". Hahaha.

I think it kinda rolls in one ear and out the other with the partner who isn't deeply immersed in it. All the acronyms and form numbers are a blur.

Agreed! Oh well. At least one of us is organised!

-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-

Thanks, my fiance is busy filling out the forms and getting them signed ready to post this afternoon, I know that doesn't leave much time but we can only hope it gets here by Saturday at the latest. I'll have him scan the forms and send those to me too just in case.

Wish I could enjoy the wait until my interview instead of panicking that we wont have everything done on time... men are hopeless with paperwork.... dead.gif

Men are hopeless with paperwork!? Thats kind of sexist don't you think? Just kidding. You're probably right. I made a typo on one of our forms and it set us back by about one month. I kicked myself in the a*s I don't know how many times for that. If not for that mistake my beautiful wife would already be here with me in the US. But interview is now set for earlu July. I kinda think things happen for a reason....maybe it wasn't just my carelessness after all? hahahaha Good luck, God Bless.... Aloha Ke Akua

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

It's true though! My husband has no idea. He knows I got a fiance visa. Has no idea about any of the forms or acronyms and has no desire to learn. We're at N-400 now so soon he won't even need to hear about it :P

FWIW - I've been doing this since 2009 and I never refer to the I-864 or I-134 as the "AOS" because it has other implications (this could be because I'm a K1 whereas most who use that acronym are CR-1). It's just as easy to write the form number and there's less confusion :)

Filed: Timeline

Duly noted, it was missing the appropriate emoticon.

That being said, the female VJ contigent would be up in arms if I suggested that blondes are dumb. I of course am joking biggrin.png

Am I going to get TB for this? devil.gif

Edited by Gowon

btw yer future husband who is looking into engineering better learn to like paperwork. Engineering level math is nothing to smile about. Just sayin! lol

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

That is my husband right there. I explain it to him as we go along but he would be useless to try and explain it to someone else. tongue.png

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

That is my husband right there. I explain it to him as we go along but he would be useless to try and explain it to someone else. tongue.png

Heck my hubs didn't understand it no many how many times I explained it. Too many numbers (for forms) I think and he just didn't bother. He's intelligent and certainly could have, just chose not to. *grrrr* LOL

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Exactly. He has the concept, and is certainly capable of reading instructions, but knows I will handle it. Just like I have the concept of how our house it all networked and automated, but it's easier to say "will you go turn on the stuff in the movie room for me" rather than remembering what is precisely connected to what and how to play a blu-ray vs TV vs the movies that come from a mysterious place in the sky. I could eventually do it, but not explain it in terms of HDMI, DPI, ports, DNS, IP. He's turned it into a money making skill even. Now why can't I make money off immigration?? tongue.png

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I134 is not binding like the I864, which locks you into support of your finance. Hopefully you will get it ASAP and all will go well. All the participants need to be on top of this immigration stuff to avoid any pitfalls and RFE's. Good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

I134 is not binding like the I864, which locks you into support of your finance. Hopefully you will get it ASAP and all will go well. All the participants need to be on top of this immigration stuff to avoid any pitfalls and RFE's. Good luck.

He sent it off this afternoon and paid for the expensive 2-3 day delivery service.

They guaranteed it to arrive on Wednesday this week!

Regarding the extra money he's had to pay, I told him "think of it as the price you pay for ignoring my instructions!" rolleyes.gif

-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-

Timeline

Great. Clearance Delay. Obviously this was going to happen because nothing can ever just run smoothly.

Clearance Delay

Your item has experienced delays in the clearance process at our shipping partner facility in STANSTED , UNITED KINGDOM on June 18, 2013 at 6:53 pm.

Why?!! There's literally just 2 pieces of paper in that package.
Please tell me this isn't going to cause a huge problem cray5ol.gif

-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-
-1 month spent together-

Great. Clearance Delay. Obviously this was going to happen because nothing can ever just run smoothly.

Clearance Delay

Your item has experienced delays in the clearance process at our shipping partner facility in STANSTED , UNITED KINGDOM on June 18, 2013 at 6:53 pm.

Why?!! There's literally just 2 pieces of paper in that package.

Please tell me this isn't going to cause a huge problem cray5ol.gif

Maybe the customs form was not filled out and ticked as documents or whatever. I used to prepare international FedEx shipments for work and there's certain rules for the international way bill. But I have erased all those details from my brain.

Print that out and it's another proof you tried to get it in time so they will sympathize and accepted the scanned version. :)

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.