37 posts in this topic

Today I received a case complete email from the National Visa Center. My case was complete on July 10th though. I called in and was told that I should call back in mid July to inquire about an interview. That's like 4 weeks from my case complete (July 10th). I was told by the NVC rep that a july interview date was out of question and that I would not get a date for like 3 more weeks. I've seen most people get a date somewhere around 8 to 20 days from a case complete. She also told me that the NVC is not (scheduling anymore this month) (June 2013). Please tell me this person is wrong.

PS Timeline will be updated soon.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It's because interviews are really mostly only scheduled the first 2 weeks.

You should have an interview date w/in the first week if not the first few days of July.

Keep in mind you have July 4th too impeding on interview scheduling.

oldlady.gif

It's because interviews are really mostly only scheduled the first 2 weeks.

You should have an interview date w/in the first week if not the first few days of July.

Keep in mind you have July 4th too impeding on interview scheduling.

Wow..... I was kinda hoping I would get a date within like the next 10 days or so..... I guess its back to the hurry up n wait that I've done this whole process.

Timeline

Wow..... I was kinda hoping I would get a date within like the next 10 days or so..... I guess its back to the hurry up n wait that I've done this whole process.

There are a few here and there that get dates in the end of the month, but not normal, so I wouldn't bet on it, I would just be pleasantly surprised if it happens to occur =]

oldlady.gif

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Same boat as you. Our case was complete on June 7th. I was asked to call back after July 1st and hope for an interview date in August.

Good luck!

Timeline

It also greatly depends on the country.

Have you done a search here to check what the normal times are?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Filter it down to cases from no more than maybe 8 months ago since time obviously changes the interview wait time.

oldlady.gif

There are a few here and there that get dates in the end of the month, but not normal, so I wouldn't bet on it, I would just be pleasantly surprised if it happens to occur =]

Makes sense..... besides its been that way this entire process.... I guess I should be used to it????

Same boat as you. Our case was complete on June 7th. I was asked to call back after July 1st and hope for an interview date in August.

Good luck!

Good luck to you also! Guess we are in the same boal lol. Too bad its a row boat and not a speed boat lol.

It also greatly depends on the country.

Have you done a search here to check what the normal times are?

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php

Filter it down to cases from no more than maybe 8 months ago since time obviously changes the interview wait time.

I did and my country seems to have a 3 to 5 week after nvc complete notice. But if the NVC is making me wait to july just to schedule. That changes things a lot.

Timeline

I did and my country seems to have a 3 to 5 week after nvc complete notice. But if the NVC is making me wait to july just to schedule. That changes things a lot.

Just wanted to make sure you're on the normal schedule, which it looks like you are.

Some countries wait months and months.

So, yeah right in the beginning of July you should probably hear something.

I received my date (3) days into june.

Monday was the first day, got mine Wednesday afternoon and I had a 5/17 completion date so with a 6/10, you should hopefully hear very soon.

oldlady.gif

Just wanted to make sure you're on the normal schedule, which it looks like you are.

Some countries wait months and months.

So, yeah right in the beginning of July you should probably hear something.

I received my date (3) days into june.

Monday was the first day, got mine Wednesday afternoon and I had a 5/17 completion date so with a 6/10, you should hopefully hear very soon.

I hope your right..... N thanks.... I was kinda just hoping for a july interview...

Timeline

I hope your right..... N thanks.... I was kinda just hoping for a july interview...

I was hoping for one that wasn't all the way on the 17th, but alas, the gov't wins again.

oldlady.gif

I was hoping for one that wasn't all the way on the 17th, but alas, the gov't wins again.

Yep..... that's what it looks to be lol. Its just that I've seen others get their date during the last week or two of the month and I was wondering why they are saying getting a date even for august is completely out of question????? Just was to get some form of something definite.... the whole process has so much uncertainty.... i just wanted to get that date even if it is 08/2013.

Timeline

Yep..... that's what it looks to be lol. Its just that I've seen others get their date during the last week or two of the month and I was wondering why they are saying getting a date even for august is completely out of question????? Just was to get some form of something definite.... the whole process has so much uncertainty.... i just wanted to get that date even if it is 08/2013.

If you're seeing a history of dates for S.A. that says that's possible, then, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I don't know a lot about your country, but, if interviews are occuring in the time frame you say they are, the I don't see why you wouldn't have an August date.

oldlady.gif

If you're seeing a history of dates for S.A. that says that's possible, then, I don't see why it wouldn't be.

I don't know a lot about your country, but, if interviews are occuring in the time frame you say they are, the I don't see why you wouldn't have an August date.

I hope for the best but expect the wrost (timewise) I guess I should just be happy that this is the last wait.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Today I received a case complete email from the National Visa Center. My case was complete on July 10th though. I called in and was told that I should call back in mid July to inquire about an interview. That's like 4 weeks from my case complete (July 10th). I was told by the NVC rep that a july interview date was out of question and that I would not get a date for like 3 more weeks. I've seen most people get a date somewhere around 8 to 20 days from a case complete. She also told me that the NVC is not (scheduling anymore this month) (June 2013). Please tell me this person is wrong.

PS Timeline will be updated soon.....

I have added you to the Case Complete Interview thread. And yes you are looking at August Interview if there are slots. At least you are in the queue.

Honestly to be in queue for the upcoming scheduling ou need to be case complete by end of month. Just hang on.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433566-july-2013-interviews/page-37#entry6301862

Good luck!

I have added you to the case Complete Interview thread. Now you have a countrymen P & K.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433566-july-2013-interviews/page-37#entry6301862

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.