43 posts in this topic

It shouldn't be an issue, however, your case MAY be looked at a little closer since you two are related - so just be sure you have plenty of evidence of a bonafide relationship.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~~~Please get back to the topic, Aaron2020 was posting in defense of the OP please try to not take his post out of context I know it is hard when you only see one part.~~~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This is the first time I wish I were a moderator with a delete button and this is the first time I'm ashamed to be a VJ user... offtopic45vn.gifdiablo.gifOff-Topic2.gif

Edited by Caramel Swirl

Married December 2011

04/03/13 - Mailed I130/I485/I131/I76504/08/13 - Package delivered to Chicago Lockbox

04/16/13 - NOA(x4) Text/Email received with MSC number, routed to NBC

04/18/13 - Able to check status on USCIS site

04/18/13 - Received biometrics notice for 5/8/13 apt

04/23/13 - Biometrics completed by walk-in

05/14/13 - I-485 Case Status updated to Testing & Interview

05/20/13 - Text message (as of 5/19/13 I-485 interview date set for 6/20/13)06/10/13 - Status update - AP approved EAD in card production

06/14/13 - Status update - EAD/AP card mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/17/13)

06/17/13 - EAD/AP Combo Card arrival!!!!!! (I am cute looking in my picluv.gif)06/20/13 - I-485 Interviewgoofy.gif

06/20/13 - Pronto Approval!!!! "As of today you are a Legal Permanent Resident of the USA"

06/20/13 - Status updated 3 times (1-485 card approval/production, 1-130 approval NOA mailed out & 1-NOA of LPR registration status)

06/25/13 - GC in card production

06/26/13 - Status update - GC mailed out (Tracker: USPS estimated delivery date 6/29/13 )

07/01/13 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY and 4th of JULY to me (GC received - Praise be to God for another miracle and blessing!!!) cray5ol.gifcray5ol.gifTears of Joy!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION (ROC)

03/02/15 - USCIS Removal of Condition reminder letter received

03/30/15 - I-751 package submitted

03/31/15 - I-751 package delivered to USCIS

04/01/15 - NOA date

04/03/15 - I-751 check cashed by USCIS

04/28/15 - Biometrics appointment

01/26/16 - Email notification - I-751 Approved and card in production

01/28/16 - Card mailed out

01/30/16 - Thank God!! received card in the mail (NEXT STEP - CITIZENSHIP)

CITIZENSHIP

03/22/16 - N-400 package submitted​

03/23/16 - N-400 package delivered to USCIS

03/30/16 - Check cashed by USCIS

03/30/16 - NOA

04/13/16 - Biometrics appointment

07/15/16 - Interview Date

07/27/16 - Oath

1211 days!!!!!! PRAISE GOD...I AM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

to the OP. Good luck! hope you guys make it!! God bless you

Thank you Andrea and Henry! I really hope we'll make it. God bless you too!

About you and aaron2020, there was just a misunderstanding. He actually just commented on the post that was deleted already.

event.png

event.png

10/08 - I 129F Packet Sentgood.gif
10/09 - Received by USCIS Dallas Lockbox
10/10 - Check Cashed
10/11 - NOA1 (Email)kicking.gif
10/12 - Case Touched
10/16 - NOA1 (Hard Copy)dancin5hr.gif
04/26 - Case Touched
04/26 - Alien Registration Number changed

04/26 - NOA2 (Email) APPROVED! kicking.gif

05/02 - NOA2 (Hard Copy) dancin5hr.gif

05/17 - MNL Case Number

07/30 - Interview (APPROVED!!!) kicking.gifheart.gifkicking.gif

Filed: Other Timeline

First cousins can marry and reside in the state of Florida, the

CO do look at the culture of a country when making decisions..

say like the Islands it would not fly & the USA it's taboo, but

there are many Mideast countries I think that's its a custom & the

CO will approve it.

*Any family member with another can have a child that has problems

be it 1st or 2nd...its a biological fact,nyway OP did not query that

good luck

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your mother's cousin which makes him your uncle right?

Well irregardless, it is the CFO that you should be more worried. They will ask a lot of questions so be prepared to prove to them that you have understood tue stigma that you will be receiving and how you can say that you aren't related that would incapacitate to be given a right to get married married even by thought. CFO is more concerned of the psychological stability of the person :) whether you can take on tue stigma that this decision will result to.

Timeline

Your mother's cousin which makes him your uncle right?

Well irregardless, it is the CFO that you should be more worried. They will ask a lot of questions so be prepared to prove to them that you have understood tue stigma that you will be receiving and how you can say that you aren't related that would incapacitate to be given a right to get married married even by thought. CFO is more concerned of the psychological stability of the person smile.png whether you can take on tue stigma that this decision will result to.

No he's not my uncle. You can only consider a person your uncle if he's your parent's brother. Since he's my mother's first cousin, that makes him my first cousin once removed. smile.png

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

No he's not my uncle. You can only consider a person your uncle if he's your parent's brother. Since he's my mother's first cousin, that makes him my first cousin once removed. smile.png

Exactly correct in every respect. I used to call one of my Mother's 1st cousins "uncle" but that didn't make him my uncle.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Exactly correct in every respect. I used to call one of my Mother's 1st cousins "uncle" but that didn't make him my uncle.

Thanks. Me too, at first I thought he's my uncle but later on I discovered that he's not.

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Timeline

Not sure if this was covered since I glazed over all of the fighting, but do you have the same last name? If you don't, it sounds unlikely they will ask, and since you are not even first cousins it shouldnt be a problem in the US as some have already stated.

The CFO is another story, but then again if you dont have the same last name what are the chances they will ask. If the CFO asks, maybe say no? Or say "what are you talking about? Do you think we are?" and not answer the question so its technically not lying. The CFO sucks and can be your worst nightmare. I recommend reading the PI regional forum.

Timeline

In the Philippines you call your family's adult friends (people older than you/around your parent's age) as aunts and uncles, even though they are not even related at all. "Tito" and "Tita" :)

Timeline

Not sure if this was covered since I glazed over all of the fighting, but do you have the same last name? If you don't, it sounds unlikely they will ask, and since you are not even first cousins it shouldnt be a problem in the US as some have already stated.

The CFO is another story, but then again if you dont have the same last name what are the chances they will ask. If the CFO asks, maybe say no? Or say "what are you talking about? Do you think we are?" and not answer the question so its technically not lying. The CFO sucks and can be your worst nightmare. I recommend reading the PI regional forum.

Unfortunately, we share the same last name. :(

event.png

event.png

10/10 - Check Cashed
10/12 - Case Touched
04/26 - Case Touched

05/17 - MNL Case Number

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Unfortunately, we share the same last name. sad.png

Multiple immigration forms ask if you are related anyway. Be truthful and prepared.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.