Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Norway
Timeline
2 hours ago, G502 said:

I called NVC to check my case status and was told I am on AP. I am so worried this will take months of waiting. For the people that were on AP at NVC stage how long was the wait, week? Months?

Generally AP isn’t too long at this stage. Mine was in AP for a couple of weeks when it arrived at NVC back in July. They usually wait until they have collected a certain number of applications before forwarding them all to their respective embassies. I wouldn’t be too concerned about it. 

I-129F Sent: 12/29/17

I-129F NOA 1: 1/4/18

I-129F NOA 2: 7/9/18

NVC Received: 7/18/18

Consulate Received: 8/9/18

Packet 3 Received: 8/13/18

Interview Date: 9/20/18

Interview Result: Administrative Processing

*Visitor's visa interview: December 2016, called back by embassy for second interview on same visa application in January 2019 - visitor's visa finally issued May 2019.

*Fiance visa placed in administrative processing September 2018. 

*Beneficiary's Country: Norway via Iran.

Nearly 8 weeks for us, but that was nearly ten years ago. Times have come down since. Any idea of how long you have already spent in AP?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

37 minutes ago, JennaL said:

Generally AP isn’t too long at this stage. Mine was in AP for a couple of weeks when it arrived at NVC back in July. They usually wait until they have collected a certain number of applications before forwarding them all to their respective embassies. I wouldn’t be too concerned about it. 

Thank you! I didn’t know you could be on AP before getting appointment. I’ve seen people on AP after appointments at the consulate 

41 minutes ago, cdneh said:

Nearly 8 weeks for us, but that was nearly ten years ago. Times have come down since. Any idea of how long you have already spent in AP?

Submitted documents on January 7th got email to go check my case online every document got accepted. Called to verify if my case was closed and the lady told me she can’t see anything because I am on AP 😣 asked for how long she couldn’t say anything elese

Just now, G502 said:

Ah, okay. You might put your question where the answers you get would suit the Visa you are going for. This topic is about K1's, and for example, they do not get case closed. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

st to give you an idea of our case and what happened. 

May 10, 2018- submitted

May 15, 2018- NOA1

Nov. 17,  2018 REI

NOV 21, 2018 Received our Additional evidence (I over night it)

Dec. 11, 2018 Approved

Jan. 4, 2019 NVC has case

Jan. 8 2019 Told in AP at NVC

Jan. 21 2019 sent to Santo Domingo Embassy

Make appointments, Feb 5 VAC appointment and March 5 consulate

Feb. 18, 2019 Medical appointment completed

Feb. 26, 2019 picks up sealed medical records

March 5, 2019 told visa approved, receives conditional approval letter

March 6, 2019 status changes on CEAC to AP

March 8, 2019 status changes to issued

One thing to recognize is they will switch your status from immigrant visa to non-immigrant. So the entire time from when it is assigned a case number by NVC you check it under immigrant status, but once the appointment ends and they change it within the system it will then be under the non-immigrant

USA Travel docs still shows her passport at the embassy. So she will hopefully be picking up her passport and package this week. 

March 30th flight to USA! Finally. 

I hope this helps for people that get concerned by the PA status you get told you're in at NVC and when it switches to AP after your consulate appointment. I too was worried. 

Oh for financial docs I included letter from my employer as instructed on i-134. Last two pay stubs to show I am still employed there. I included, probably unnecessarily, my last 3 years of tax transcripts. Also I i included the letter from my bank about when account opened, deposit total, balance, etc. 

We didn't need anything more. 

At her appointment not a lot was asked of her. They asked about my work, how long we have known each other, about our son, my other son, and how long we spoke before I visited, etc. Not too much. That said, we had already established citizenship for our son through that same embassy and that document was included. So not sure if her experience was typical or easier, as a result. 

Good luck to everyone as you continue your journey. It seems endless, but it will eventually get here. Three weeks left after waiting 10 months. It will be very sweet and we are looking forward to it

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malawi
Timeline

I got my case number from the NVC a few days ago and today I got a response from an old askNVC inquiry I did a few weeks ago saying we are in Administrative processing. 

When I check the status through the website it just says at NVC... I'm so confused?

41 minutes ago, Hd1170 said:

I got my case number from the NVC a few days ago and today I got a response from an old askNVC inquiry I did a few weeks ago saying we are in Administrative processing. 

When I check the status through the website it just says at NVC... I'm so confused?

I'd give it a few days and check again.

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My case has been received by NVC since August 2nd and given a case number.. it’s still in AP.. am so frustrated it’s over a month.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

We have been in AP since May 16th.  No status updates except “At NVC”.  I call every 2 weeks to get the same response: “under AP with no time frame of when it will be done”

so back to the waiting game.

2 hours ago, PTRF said:

We have been in AP since May 16th.  No status updates except “At NVC”.  I call every 2 weeks to get the same response: “under AP with no time frame of when it will be done”

so back to the waiting game.

I think your wait is the longest I've seen in this thread, and I'm sorry to see they have held you up so  long. Please come back and let us know what date they let you out.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.