Darnell

K-1s STUCK @ NVC for AP Part II

431 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

This is a continuation of http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

So, if'n you're pursuing a K-1 visa and you're stuck at NVC for AP - post here.

Why AP at NVC for a K-1, you ask?

There's always AP (administrative processing) at NVC for a K-1 visa - it consists of:

--additional background checks

--NVC scanning the casefile into the SAFEFILE system

--NVC issuing a Consular Casefile Number

sometimes one or more of these things gets lagged due to QUEUE and SIZE OF QUEUE.

When things get lagged, and you call in and ask for casefile status, this is always the answer - administrative processing. It's not a bad thing - but when you learn of it - is solid indication that the queue is lagged.

So, post your stuff here.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just called and found out that our case is in Administrative Processing.... I am gonna cry....cray5ol.gif So many different posts from people waiting since May to posts saying lagging do to queue.... how am I suppose to know what is really going on with my case?

This is a continuation of http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/165644-stuck-nvc-for-ap/

There's always AP (administrative processing) at NVC for a K-1 visa - it consists of:

sometimes one or more of these things gets lagged due to QUEUE and SIZE OF QUEUE.

When things get lagged, and you call in and ask for casefile status, this is always the answer - administrative processing. It's not a bad thing - but when you learn of it - is solid indication that the queue is lagged.

Timeline

Yer in a queue in one of those three areas, sorry.

But it's good that you called NVC and learned that AT LEAST the casefile is in the building.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yer in a queue in one of those three areas, sorry.

But it's good that you called NVC and learned that AT LEAST the casefile is in the building.

I called back really late and had spoken to a gentleman on the phone who said he sees no admin or additional processing. He says from what he can see, which is limited, is that the case is being geared up to the last mechanisms of preparing for the Embassy. Also, he said that last week was a holiday and it kind of has a slow down affect for a brief while. So hopefully we will hear good news on our case soon. :)

Thanks Darnell for your reply, much appreciated.

Timeline

I had not seen an update online at DOS so I called them really late and the gentleman said the case is in additional administrative processing... so this was disappointing to learn, especially when before it was not in this process July 8th. There are no appointments available in Ankara either, via Embassy, so it looks like it will be a longer "wait" process than expected.

:(

Will try and keep everyone updated so that this experience possibly helps the next person.

Sarah

I called back really late and had spoken to a gentleman on the phone who said he sees no admin or additional processing. He says from what he can see, which is limited, is that the case is being geared up to the last mechanisms of preparing for the Embassy. Also, he said that last week was a holiday and it kind of has a slow down affect for a brief while. So hopefully we will hear good news on our case soon. smile.png

Thanks Darnell for your reply, much appreciated.

Timeline

I just checked the NVC status tracker and it says that it is in TRANSIT:

"Your case is in transit to the Consular Section. Your interview date was provided to you by the National Visa Center."

I had not seen an update online at DOS so I called them really late and the gentleman said the case is in additional administrative processing... so this was disappointing to learn, especially when before it was not in this process July 8th. There are no appointments available in Ankara either, via Embassy, so it looks like it will be a longer "wait" process than expected.

sad.png

Will try and keep everyone updated so that this experience possibly helps the next person.

Sarah

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hi Sarah,

I just called NVC and they told me that our case was in additional administrative processing. Does that mean it will be in transit to Turkey soon? So confused.

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Timeline

Hi Sarah,

I just called NVC and they told me that our case was in additional administrative processing. Does that mean it will be in transit to Turkey soon? So confused.

Ours was stuck in AP for 18 days.... could be that they are back logged, scanning your files, doig background checks... it varies and no one is for sure what they do during AP.

Timeline

It's called 'administrative processing' at NVC. Please take a look at post #1, the delay is really one of those categories.

So Darnell, You went through the CR-1 process did you go through the AP also? Is CR-1 different?

I AM USC

Filed: FB-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's called 'administrative processing' at NVC. Please take a look at post #1, the delay is really one of those categories.

If you've been through AP at NVC does that mean that you will not anymore be put in AP after the interview ?

Timeline

no, not at all.

AP at an Embassy/Consulate IV Unit is a different beastie altogether.

Timeline

So Darnell, You went through the CR-1 process did you go through the AP also? Is CR-1 different?

No, I just had 'normal IR-1 processing' with Doc Intake and Fee Payment at NVC. It's a totally different thing, compared to a K-1 visa.

In the past, however, 'AP at NVC for a K-1 visa' was not a noticeable timelag, as things went through much quicker at NVC. I dunno, processes change, data systems change, so going through those 'normal 3 queues' has lagged considerably compared to 2 years ago for K-1 visa chasers.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.