AA100

RFE NVC (merged)

13 posts in this topic

Hi All VJ members,

We sent AOS PACK and PACK IV to NVC on the 23rd of May. I called NVC yesterday and they said they have reviewed our file and they want the folloiwng documents:

1) Police Certificate

2) Petitioner's Letter of Employment and W2s for 2012

I clearly remember that I had sent all the police certficates that I should have sent. I have lived in Islamabad (Pakistan), London (UK) and Dubai (UAE). The custiomer services representative said that you have also mentioned Lahore(another city in Pakistan) and we need one certificate per district so you should hav esent 2 police certficates for pakistan 1 for Uk and 1 for UAE.

Then I checkd my DS-230 and I realised that I had made a mistake. Point # 30 on DS-230 Says

'List below all places you have lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16, including places in your country of nationality.

Begin with your present residence'

I should have not mentioned Lahore(city), Pakistan because when I was not in Lahore when I was 16 in fact I was in islamabad (city). I explained that to the customer services and they said they will forward this to the supervisor and I can call them back in 10 to 15 days.

My question is,

Question 1) Is it normal for NVC to ask 2 police certificates from same country but different cities and do they have a valid point in this scenario and is it probable that they would ask for it even after supervisor's review?

Question 2) Since my wife is not currenly working, we are unable to provide the proof of employment for this year. what should should be done in this regard? W-2s for 2012 are fine we can provide that.

Question 3) How much time would it take for NVC to complete the case once they have received the documents?

Thanks in advance :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

For question number 1:

Yes. If you have lived in two or more cities for more than 6 months after the age of 16, you will have to provide them with police certificates of those different cities.

I sent them two certificates,one of my permanent residence where I've been living , and another one of the city where I lived for more than 6 months(after the age of 16)

For question number 1:

Yes. If you have lived in two or more cities for more than 6 months after the age of 16, you will have to provide them with police certificates of those different cities.

I sent them two certificates,one of my permanent residence where I've been living , and another one of the city where I lived for more than 6 months(after the age of 16)

For question number 1:

For question number 1:

Jazak Allah Rass for you comment.

Thats excatly my point. I was not 16 when I was in Lahore. sso Bascially I was in Islamabad since the age of 11 until I moved to London and then to Dubai. So there request is not valid in my case I suppose.

Hi All VJ members,

We sent AOS PACK and PACK IV to NVC on the 23rd of May. I called NVC yesterday and they said they have reviewed our file and they want the folloiwng documents:

1) Police Certificate

I clearly remember that I had sent all the police certficates that I should have sent. I have lived in Islamabad (Pakistan), London (UK) and Dubai (UAE). The custiomer services representative said that you have also mentioned Lahore(another city in Pakistan) and we need one certificate per district so you should have sent 2 police certficates for pakistan 1 for Uk and 1 for UAE.

Then I checkd my DS-230 and I realised that I had made a mistake. Point # 30 on DS-230 Says

'List below all places you have lived for at least six months since reaching the age of 16, including places in your country of nationality.

I should have not mentioned Lahore(city). Because the only city that I had lived since the age of 11 was Islamabad(city). I explained that to the customer services and they said they will forward this to the supervisor and I can call them back in 10 to 15 days.

My question is,

Question 1) Is it normal for NVC to ask 2 police certificates from same country but different cities and do they have a valid point in this scenario and is it probable that they would ask for it even after supervisor's review?

Question 2) Since my wife is not currenly working, we are unable to provide the proof of employment for this year. what should be done in this regard? W-2s for 2012 are fine we can provide that.

Question 3) How much time would it take for NVC to complete the case once they have received the documents?

Thanks in advance smile.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

It is normal for them to require police clearance certificates for all cities lived in over 6 months since the age of 16, even if those cities are in the same country, yes.

The checklist is asking for proof employment for 2012 not 2013. If you cannot provide them with a letter from the former employer, perhaps write a letter indicating why you cannot obtain a letter from that employer.

Once they receive everything it should take another few weeks to process before a case complete, provided they don't find anything more wrong with the documentation.

Timeline

You shouldn't have mentioned Lahore if you stayed there before the age of 16. It wasn't necessary.

Therefore you don't have to provide the certificate for Lahore as it was just a mistake you made. You may call them up and let them know.

So you need 3 of them only. Islamabad, UAE and UK. That's all.

Good luck! :)

It is normal for them to require police clearance certificates for all cities lived in over 6 months since the age of 16, even if those cities are in the same country, yes.

The checklist is asking for proof employment for 2012 not 2013. If you cannot provide them with a letter from the former employer, perhaps write a letter indicating why you cannot obtain a letter from that employer.

Once they receive everything it should take another few weeks to process before a case complete, provided they don't find anything more wrong with the documentation.

Hi,

Really appreciate your help. But I still haven't received my answer in regards to Police Certificate. In my application 2 cities are mentioned 1) Lahore 2) Islamabad. But I left lahore when I was 11 years old and therefore I should have provided Police Certificate for Islamabad only anyway. Does that make sense?

Edited by Aoun

BTW if your wife is NOT currently employed, I suggest finding a joint sponsor ASAP because they base the AOS on current income. An unemployed person does not have current income.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Timeline

Send in corrected a list of places lived ONLY since age 16, my husband friend got 4 RFEs

he could not figure out he being asked to furnish this info over * over neither his atty. My

husband suggested he STOP putting his residences since birth , after he deleted age 0-15

he got a letter 6 wks later that all doc were in from nvc....so pay close attention also PC runs out 6-12

months after sending to nvc...am not sure for all countries

BTW if your wife is NOT currently employed, I suggest finding a joint sponsor ASAP because they base the AOS on current income. An unemployed person does not have current income.

Hi Thanks for your comment. We have already provided them with all the documentation from Joint Sponsor.When I spoke to them they did not ask for any documents from Joint Sponsor. So I am assuming they have acccepted the AOS from Joint Sponsor. They said they only require proof of employment from my wife and if my wife does not work currently then a letter from my wife stating that she is not currently employed should be sent.

Timeline

Hi All VJ members,

1) Police Certificate

I clearly remember that I had sent all the police certficates that I should have sent. I have lived in Islamabad (Pakistan), London (UK) and Dubai (UAE). The custiomer services representative said that you have also mentioned Lahore(another city in Pakistan) and we need one certificate per district so you should hav esent 2 police certficates for pakistan 1 for Uk and 1 for UAE.

I should have not mentioned Lahore(city), Pakistan because when I was not in Lahore when I was 16 in fact I was in islamabad (city). I explained that to the customer services and they said they will forward this to the supervisor and I can call them back in 10 to 15 days.

My question is,

Question 2) Since my wife is not currenly working, we are unable to provide the proof of employment for this year. what should should be done in this regard? W-2s for 2012 are fine we can provide that.

Thanks in advance smile.png

Don't just rely on them to fix your mistake over the phone. I would be sending in a new DS-230 with the correction and a letter attached saying why you made a new DS-230. Scan it and email to them too. I have done that before and they accepted my scanned version of the document before the mailed one arrived. They give a standard of 20 days to process any new documents you submit, sometimes its faster than that. Call back after you submit the new documents and check that they were received and the changes were made. Good luck!

USCIS I-130 Petition for Spouse

September 2012: Filed from abroad to Chicago Lockbox

4 days later: NOA1, Routed to California Service Center

7 days later: Transferred because of new jurisdiction

5 days later: Case Status changed to: Under processing at USCIS office

NOA2 arrived 78 days after NOA1 :)

*I-130 Approval Notice hardcopy finally received in Pakistan, the only notice that arrived.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.