Mark88

Our story: CRBA for our child denied, entering the US with a baby transportation letter and Citizenship through the CCA

182 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Just a visa won't be enough, since there are foreign citizens (i.e. Japan, Germany) who don't even need a visa to enter the US as visitors (they can do this with ESTA). In able for the CCA to work, your child needs to enter the US with an immigrant visa I-551 (green card)! So if going to a post office, their first question will be where is the (temporary) green card.

My idea for this one was not about the CCA, but rather getting a passport based on citizenship at birth. Since it will be through a domestic passport agency, rather than the guy at the consulate, it will be a different set of eyes, so it's another shot.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

My idea for this one was not about the CCA, but rather getting a passport based on citizenship at birth. Since it will be through a domestic passport agency, rather than the guy at the consulate, it will be a different set of eyes, so it's another shot.

Good idea, but you will still need to proofe the residency requirements. Since the consulates are run by DOS they will most likely see the denied application. If you don't need USC immediatly, it's worth a shot. You can could do the green card route the next time then.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

This is absolutly the same thing what happend to me: I gave them evidence, they demanded more evidence. I was just running in circles. There came a point, where I just realized, thant they just don't want to grant me CRBA. Sometimes I have the feeling they need to fill a certain qouta for denied applications. No idea if this is true. Which consulate did you file with?

Thank you so much for your reply!

Lol. I filed at the Consulate in Pakistan, so you know where I'm coming from. I thought they were just being tough on me because of the country I'm residing in and due to my religious background but when I saw your story I was surprised. I didn't expect someone with your background to be treated the same way.

So I checked the U.S. Citizen and Immigration services site and this is what it says:

I-130, Petition for Alien Relative Purpose of Form : For citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States to establish the relationship to certain alien relatives who wish to immigrate to the United States.

Note: A separate form must be filed for each eligible relative. USCIS processes Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, as a visa number becomes available. Filing and approval of an I-130 is only the first step in helping a relative immigrate to the United States. Eligible family members must wait until there is a visa number available before they can apply for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status to a lawful permanent resident.

I understand you say I just have to visit with her but there is no mention of visiting. It says for the immigrating person. My brother-in-law also mentioned this form to me and said that I would only have to visit the U.S. and then it would be possible for her to get the passport. I just don't see that mentioned on the site. That's why I'm confused.

After being denied the CRBA (they actually haven't denied it but it's all on hold and if I still provide more evidence she can get it, but I don't have any), I feel kinda doubtful they will approve the other form , though I guess there's no harm in trying.

Timeline

There are other reports about happening with CRBA's denied. One VJ user just more recently at the Paris Embasssy and friends of ours in London. It's not an uncommon thing, and I had the feeling the CO got very jumpy and excited with the possibility for denying my case.

If you can't provide any more evidence, just rest your peace of mind, and go another route.

The I-130 is for immigration. However as I posted before, if you immigrate with your daughter to the US and decide two weeks later to go back to Pakistan, that would be your decision. At least this way you can take along a new US Passport. Filing N-600, or applying directly for a passport as newacct suggested are options, too. But they might not work out.

The I-130 process is pretty straight forward aso long as it is your biological child and not adopted (they might want DNA testing). As long as your daughter fullfils the requirements (medical exams, your income etc.) she can have her green card in just a couple of months if DCF is possible in Pakistan.

Also, if your wife should already have a green card this would make the process even simplier.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

• 2 weeks later...

There are other reports about happening with CRBA's denied. One VJ user just more recently at the Paris Embasssy and friends of ours in London. It's not an uncommon thing, and I had the feeling the CO got very jumpy and excited with the possibility for denying my case.

If you can't provide any more evidence, just rest your peace of mind, and go another route.

The I-130 is for immigration. However as I posted before, if you immigrate with your daughter to the US and decide two weeks later to go back to Pakistan, that would be your decision. At least this way you can take along a new US Passport. Filing N-600, or applying directly for a passport as newacct suggested are options, too. But they might not work out.

The I-130 process is pretty straight forward aso long as it is your biological child and not adopted (they might want DNA testing). As long as your daughter fullfils the requirements (medical exams, your income etc.) she can have her green card in just a couple of months if DCF is possible in Pakistan.

Also, if your wife should already have a green card this would make the process even simplier.

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely try that out. Let's see how things turn out. Btw what do you mean by DCF?

Hey I just read online that if a parent can't transmit citizenship to his or her child then he or she can obtain it through their grandparent.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/obtaining-us-citizenship-through-a-grandparent

Is this true? If yes, then my child can obtain her citizenship through my father.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your reply. I will definitely try that out. Let's see how things turn out. Btw what do you mean by DCF?

http://www.visajourney.com/content/dcf

Hey I just read online that if a parent can't transmit citizenship to his or her child then he or she can obtain it through their grandparent.

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/obtaining-us-citizenship-through-a-grandparent

Is this true? If yes, then my child can obtain her citizenship through my father.

If it's availble in form N-600, it should work.

Filed: IR-2 Country: France
Timeline

Yes it is true.

N-600K form I believe. Costs 600 usd. Then child must enter US (bizarre situation) as a tourist (one of many options I believe) and attend uscis meeting or something of the sort. Then he becomes a USC.

USC Grand parent must provide proof of residency in US (over 5 years).

06/10/2013 NOA1 I-130 Priority date (NBC @ Overland Park, KS)
07/30/2013 Requested Expedite Procedure via USCIS Hotline
08/15/2013 Sent a letter to the NBC/MSC regarding Expedite

10/15/2013 Case approved, Notice mailed

10/21/2013 Case shipped to the DHS/NVC

11/xx/2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy

0988d859-df57-45d4-b8e7-38ae103df6e9.jpg

Timeline

Yes it is true.

N-600K form I believe. Costs 600 usd. Then child must enter US (bizarre situation) as a tourist (one of many options I believe) and attend uscis meeting or something of the sort. Then he becomes a USC.

USC Grand parent must provide proof of residency in US (over 5 years).

After you file N-600K it could take months or even a year until this is processed. Also you will have to travel extra just for the interview to the US. If you can try the other options first, I would definatly do these.

After you file N-600K it could take months or even a year until this is processed. Also you will have to travel extra just for the interview to the US. If you can try the other options first, I would definatly do these.

I got excited for nothing. I reread the whole thing again. He requires the same proof I do. He needs to be in the US for 5 years and at least 2 years after the age of 14. However he did get the CRBA and US passports for my siblings born abroad. I wonder how he got that. I need to ask him that because I the only way you could transfer would be to provide 5 years proof of physical evidence, which I required.

Also for the I-130 form, actually my husband is does not have a green card. So does that mean I would have to apply for both my child and husband? That would be a really long process right?

Timeline

However he did get the CRBA and US passports for my siblings born abroad. I wonder how he got that. I need to ask him that because I the only way you could transfer would be to provide 5 years proof of physical evidence, which I required.

As far as I can tell, YOU claim your citizenship through a CRBA your FATHER (now the GRANDFATHER) filed for you back then? In this case, that is your proof! Think about it: The grandparent has to fullfill the residency requirement for N-600. He also had to fullfill the residency requirement as a father to file the CRBA for you. This means he already proof it once before. Your CRBA certificate is the proof for the N-600 for your child! It actually couldn't be easier... smile.png

Also for the I-130 form, actually my husband is does not have a green card. So does that mean I would have to apply for both my child and husband?

You could basicly could just file a I-130 for you child, but that would raise a lot of red flags.

That would be a really long process right?

I had friends who got their spouses green card through DCF for example in Frankfurt in Just 6 weeks. My wifes only took like four months there, too. Depending on where you file, it could take over a year though.

If you need to go the green card route, and are planning on having more children, I would personally wait until you got the "whole" family together. Will save you alot of time and money and you do have time until the oldest is 18.

As far as I can tell, YOU claim your citizenship through a CRBA your FATHER (now the GRANDFATHER) filed for you back then? In this case, that is your proof! Think about it: The grandparent has to fullfill the residency requirement for N-600. He also had to fullfill the residency requirement as a father to file the CRBA for you. This means he already proof it once before. Your CRBA certificate is the proof for the N-600 for your child! It actually couldn't be easier... smile.png

Thank You so much for reply. Actually I'm a citizen by birth. My father got the CRBA for my younger siblings. I guess I'll go ahead with your advice and file for the I-130 . Hope things work out. Thanks once again!

Timeline

My father got the CRBA for my younger siblings.

Then why not just ask one of your younger siblings for a copy of their CRBA-Certificate. That would be your proof right there and you wouldn't need to file the I-130?

Then why not just ask one of your younger siblings for a copy of their CRBA-Certificate. That would be your proof right there and you wouldn't need to file the I-130?

Yeah, come to think of it , that's what I could do. Then I would have to visit the US and file for the N-600 K there and my dad wouldn't have to be present for the interview. Thank you so much for your help!

Timeline

Yeah, come to think of it , that's what I could do. Then I would have to visit the US and file for the N-600 K there and my dad wouldn't have to be present for the interview. Thank you so much for your help!

You can file the N-600K from anywhere, you hast have to be in the US for the interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.