Mark88

Our story: CRBA for our child denied, entering the US with a baby transportation letter and Citizenship through the CCA

182 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I did apply for a passport. It is done in the same step as the CRBA and it was denied, too. The Consulate issued me a "No-Claim-Letter" since I wasn't able to meet the physical presence requirements.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

It's sad that the Soc. Sec. agent didn't even know the law. Obviously US citizenship is not required for SSN.

06/28/2010: Sent I-130
08/25/2010: NOA1
09/01/2010: Touched
11/02/2010: Transferred to TSC
11/30/2010: Rec'd update saying petition sent to local USCIS office
01/26/2011: Called NCSC and put in service request
02/03/2011: RFE
02/11/2011: RFE hardcopy rec'd: passport photos missing
02/14/2011: RFE response sent
02/16/2011: RFE response rec'd by TSC
03/01/2011: Touched
03/09/2011: NOA2
03/17/2011: Shipped to NVC
03/21/2011: Touched
03/23/2011: NVC case number assigned
03/24/2011: Emailed choice of agent
03/28/2011: AOS fee paid and packet sent
03/29/2011: Paid DS-230 fee
03/31/2011: DS-230 packet sent to NVC
04/08/2011: RFE for AOS packet
04/16/2011: Resent corrected I-864
04/28/2011: Sign in failed
04/29/2011: NVC Case Complete
05/20/2011: Case forwarded to US Embassy Manila
06/01/2011: Medical exam completed at St. Luke's
06/10/2011: Interview - approved pending CENOMAR reverification from NSO
06/17/2011: Embassy received CENOMAR
06/29/2011: Visa in hand!!
07/01/2011: POE San Fransisco

05/14/2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

05/20/2013: NOA1

05/23/2013: Check cleared

06/18/2013: Biometrics appt.

08/27/2013: Email from USCIS saying new card approved/ordered

09/03/2013: Green card received

07/01/2014: N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox

07/29/2014: Biometrics

09/25/2014: Interview (passed civics test but need to provide more documents)

11/14/2014: Oath Ceremony in Lexington, KY

Timeline

It's sad that the Soc. Sec. agent didn't even know the law. Obviously US citizenship is not required for SSN.

I was glad that the agent at DOS Passport Agency was very friendly and knew what to do. They even mentioned that you don't need a SSN to apply for a passport.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: IR-2 Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Thanks so much for posting your experience! And I'm glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

I hope it's OK that I added an excerpt about the passport and SS card to the wiki page for IR-2 visas. Of course edit it if you don't want all of that to appear there... I think we should make a wiki page for CCA info, as that topic comes up frequently. I don't have time to do it right now, but if you are interested that would be great. Also VJ could use a CRBA wiki page. That way this information is always available to future visitors without having to search through old threads (can you tell I'm a fan of the wiki?)

[i am the USC and the wife/stepmother]
The prelude - 2007
November 22 - Married in Bulgaria.
CR-1 - 2008
January 7 I-130 sent - APPROVED in 106 days.
Interview - APPROVED 175 days from NOA-1 date
ROC - 2010-2011
October 5 - I-751 sent APPROVED 111 days from NOA-1 date, no interview.
NATURALIZATION - 2012
APPROVED 79 days.
May 9 - Oath ceremony - in Oakland, CA.

*************Didn't have enough of the immigration process yet!! Starting again with 16-year-old (step)son****************
IR-2 - 2012-2013
---USCIS---
Nov 15 - I-130 sent. NOA-1 received from MSC.
Jan 22 - APPROVED 65 days from NOA-1. Never transferred to field office.
---NVC---
Feb 4 - received @ NVC
Feb 26 - Got NVC Case # and Invoice ID #
----------------------------------slowing down the process a little... stepson can't come till nearly July-----------------------------
March 19 - Sent e-mail Choice of Agent, without scan of DS-3032. Paid AOS fee ($88).
April 1 - Choice of Agent information accepted (10th "working day" to accept).
April 3 - IV invoice appeared. Paid IV fee ($230).
April 11 - Sent IV package and AOS package TOGETHER. Confirmed delivery April 15.

April 26 - Case Complete (10th working day)

May 14 - Interview date assigned (12th working day)

June 5 - Interview in Sofia - VISA GRANTED!!!

June 16 - POE @ SFO. No problems. He's a citizen now!

Oct 4 - US Passport received. (SS card received some time in the summer; had to go to SSA office to obtain)

Timeline

This is wonderful information. I'm sorry you had to go through so much to obtain it, but thank you for sharing it. You will save a lot of people trouble in the future.

Thank you. I hope too, that this information will help others.

Thanks so much for posting your experience! And I'm glad to hear it all worked out in the end.

I hope it's OK that I added an excerpt about the passport and SS card to the wiki page for IR-2 visas. Of course edit it if you don't want all of that to appear there... I think we should make a wiki page for CCA info, as that topic comes up frequently. I don't have time to do it right now, but if you are interested that would be great. Also VJ could use a CRBA wiki page. That way this information is always available to future visitors without having to search through old threads (can you tell I'm a fan of the wiki?)

Thank you, too. And go ahead using this info for the wiki. The CCA should get it's own page. The process/law itself is straigt forward, but there is only spars information available and USCIS/DOS don't give too much info either.

Timeline

Very useful information and it should help others in the future.It should be pinned somewhere.

Petitioner LPR upgraded to USC June 22, 2012
August 22, 2012: case complete
October 18, 2012: Interview (APPROVED)
October 26, 2012: Picked up visa from DHL (delay caused by Sandy)
December 15, 2012: POE Atlanta....................became USC July 2016!!!!

Mothers' Journey (My sister is the petitioner)

September 10, 2013: Sent I-130 (UPS next day service)

September 12, 2013: Received text to confirm delivery

September 16, 2013: Received NOA 1

March 22, 2014: Received NOA 2

April 8, 2014: File Received by NVC

May 26, 2015: Interview (approved)..........now LPR (delays caused by 2 RFE)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

Me and my wife is green card holder and our baby born in Canada in short term visit.

We when we come back to USA, the immigration officer process I-551 and stamp on her passport under NA3 category and told us

we will get green card by mail.

It is almost two month we didn't get any welcome letter nor green card by mail.

Does any body knows what will be our next step?

Do I need to pay any immigration fee? So far we didn't pay any fee for her . She don't have any DOS Id.

I called to USCIS but they don't have any record.

Timeline

Wow... thanks for the info, learned something new today.

Your welcome. It took me months to figure out this whole process and how it works. I hope it will help others. smile.png

Edited by Mark88

Timeline

Does any body knows what will be our next step?

Do I need to pay any immigration fee? So far we didn't pay any fee for her . She don't have any DOS Id.

I called to USCIS but they don't have any record.

Razib, the NA-3 Stamp in your Babys passport IS the temporary green card.

It should look something like this: http://imgur.com/idQUeWC

I think the stamp+passport is valid as a temp green card for a year. It could take weeks or months till the green card arrives.

You do NOT have to pay any immigration fee or file any other form.

However, the immigration officer should have handed you is a copy of the I-181 ("Memorandum for Creation of Lawfull Permanent Residence")? It should look something like this: http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/DATAOBJECTS/I_181.PDF

If I see correctly, you are now a naturlized citizen? This means your daughter automatically became a USC by operation of law (provided you already took an oath and how you Naturlization Certifate). You can apply for a US Passport with her temperory green card (i.e. foreign passport with NA-3 stamp) and the physical green card wont even matter.

Edited by Mark88

Filed: Timeline

Razib, the NA-3 Stamp in your Babys passport IS the temporary green card.

It should look something like this: http://imgur.com/idQUeWC

I think the stamp+passport is valid as a temp green card for a year. It could take weeks or months till the green card arrives.

You do NOT have to pay any immigration fee or file any other form.

However, the immigration officer should have handed you is a copy of the I-181 ("Memorandum for Creation of Lawfull Permanent Residence")? It should look something like this: http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/DATAOBJECTS/I_181.PDF

If I see correctly, you are now a naturlized citizen? This means your daughter automatically became a USC by operation of law (provided you already took an oath and how you Naturlization Certifate). You can apply for a US Passport with her temperory green card (i.e. foreign passport with NA-3 stamp) and the physical green card wont even matter.

Thanks, Mark for reply.

The immigration officer didn't handed me any I-181 document, but they write down A# on her passport.

Everything is done is on Canada airport.

When I landed in Virginia. I just get out from the airport and come home.

It is almost two month we didn't get any welcome letter nor green card by mail for her.

When I call to USCIS they don't find any record on their system.

So not sure how long do I need to wait?

and Actually Me and my wife is just green card holder, got green card last year.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.