del-2-5-2014

Which Trip Is More Important/Benefitial?

43 posts in this topic

I assume by your profile photo you two have met? Has it been within the last two years? If so, you should not need any more evidence that you are a couple or that you have met. I am planning on meeting my spouse two days before her interview just to be there to support her. I will attend the interview with her also. I have read that having the foreign spouse/fiance present appears to help. Not sure but one might assume that this shows the commitment and the relationship better. Good luck and God speed!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

IMO only, if you are allowed in the embassy during the interview I would go then. That way you can go a few days early, still get in some good time together, it is still another visit either way but you get the chance to attend the interview. If the embassy will not allow you in, then it still may look good to be there for support. She can always bring your passport in with her as proof you are there for her.

On the other hand, I guess it depends on how long you have been apart as well. Too much time between visits may not be great either. We had that issue ourselves.

So... not that any of this is helpful... but if I could only go once knowing what I know now I think I would try for the interview time if allowed in the embassy.

Either way enjoy the trip! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

As it stands, with vacation hours and ticket prices I may only be able to make one more trip this year.

So should I go before the interview so that she has additional evidence or should I just save the trip and go with her to the interview?

Considering you are a;ready at NVC and should be almost at case complete soon. Why not be there for interview and POE with her. You already have meet knew each other for ages. So that's met. Go for it.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Preferably during the interview

But it counts less in Lagos.

It can only serve u good if u both are coming back, after her visa is issued which is usually a week after interview.

Lagos doesnt allow Petitioner in, but knowing you are around can serve Good.

Its Most likely a done deal, after K1 refusal, especially if u had front loaded

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Nigeria
I-129F Sent : 2011-06-08
I-129F NOA1 : 2011-06-17
I-129F RFE(s) : No RFE
RFE Reply(s) : No RFE
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-09-27
Interview: 2nd Week of January

Immigrant Visa rescheduled for second week of February 2012

Visa Refused on Immigration Purpose February 2013

We Got Married and Filed Spouse Visa

dancin5hr.gif Visa Approved in May 2013dancin5hr.gif

POE was Easy in June 2013

USA Citizen July 2016

Who cares to know how long My Visajourney was???

SSN Arrives on 07/01/2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Definitely go for the interview. Just in case something goes wrong and the CO wants to return the case you can ask to speak to them and have an excellent chance

to overturn it. Had I been at my fiance's interview he likely would have been approved. I blame myself for not being there at the most important time and could kick myself for it.
Go in support of the interview. Take more pics immediately after you arrive, before the interview, develope them and submit them at the interview.
Tell them you want to accompany her to the US and stay about 5-7 days after the interview unless your plan is for her to come at a later time.

If something goes wrong you make yourself heard ! They can't turn you away as a USC after the interview. You have a right to be inside the embassy.
Be assertive and confident.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Go for the interview. IF they want to argue with what she says about the relationship she can ask that they question you directly about the facts. They are more apt to back down when they can't get away with their own version of the truth. Carry ongoing communication evidence with you and take a few photos before the interview and print them ( little portable photo printers aren't very expensive or heavy to pack in your bags. )

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Okay gang, for the interview it is.

We arrived at NVC yesterday. Any guesstimate on when an interview date for Lagos might be?

I am absolutely locked and loaded with all docs, fees and procedure for NVC.

Thanks all.

In 1 to 2 weeks you will get case#. After that about another 1 to 2 weeks for AOS to invoice. If you follow the Post #1 on NVC filers thread and email DS-3032 you should get that accepted in about 8 to 10 days than IV Bill gets invoiced. than 8 to 14 days to accept.

so realistically you possible could have case complete vy end of June and get either a August or September interview.

I know quite afew 9ja folk waiting to get in queue and in queue so soon as you can act move fast. Especially that DS-3032 that goes off soon as you get a case#.

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

ROC I-751

N-400

Timeline

I have been following your story since you were a K1 petitioner. I'm so happy to see that this time around you are so close to the end of your journey. I agree with being there on the interview day. I believe I have heard that she can take your passport inside to show you are present. And your flight itinary too maybe?? Best wishes. We just got our case number also. Wondering how long to wait til we set up interview.

Timeline

dwheels.... what did you mean when you said "I know quite afew 9ja folk waiting to get in queue and in queue so soon as you can act move fast. Especially that DS-3032 that goes off soon as you get a case#" Is that just for married couples or for K1 also. Can you explain further about getting the DS-3032 sent off? Thanks..

Timeline

dwheels.... what did you mean when you said "I know quite afew 9ja folk waiting to get in queue and in queue so soon as you can act move fast. Especially that DS-3032 that goes off soon as you get a case#" Is that just for married couples or for K1 also. Can you explain further about getting the DS-3032 sent off? Thanks..

I am referring to those of us at NVC for IR1/CR1.

For K1 at Lagos you are in control and get to pick your own interview. Since you have case# have you already emailed the embassy?

ROC I-751

N-400

Filed: Timeline

DS-3032 is for married folks only.

Finace stuff goes p[retty fast through NVC. At least it did last year.

I assume by your profile photo you two have met? Has it been within the last two years? If so, you should not need any more evidence that you are a couple or that you have met. I am planning on meeting my spouse two days before her interview just to be there to support her. I will attend the interview with her also. I have read that having the foreign spouse/fiance present appears to help. Not sure but one might assume that this shows the commitment and the relationship better. Good luck and God speed!

FYI the OP is married and the OP is going thru one of the hardest Embassies to get any type of visa to come to the US. So visiting again is defiantly a very, very good idea.

Gowon: My vote is for the interview as you can offer support and maybe, just maybe the visa will be issued quickly and the two of you can travel to the US together.

Good luck,

Dave

Timeline

*****Thanks to samename for getting this info together. We need this pinned for Nigerian forum since its new.******

After you have the LGS number email LagosIV@state.gov and give them your details along with this LGS number .They will give you your next steps on how to schedule the interview online.

They should send you details about paying your visa fee to GT Bank. you will print that email sent and take it the bank along with you LGS number. The receipt that your fiance gets from paying will be used to schedule your appointment online. In the email that Lagos will send you will be packet 3 documents.If you want you can get those forms ahead of time at http://travel.state....forms_1342.html . Just read our embassy info guide and it will tell you what forms are needed

Edited by dwheels76

ROC I-751

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.