mota bhai

In congress, it's bible vs bible

27 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm refering to both parties in any case.

Every election we vote in the new boss, same as the old boss. The result is new slogans, same old problems.

The need to get rid of the money in the game...it is the root of all evil; well besides my ex-wife that is...lol

Regarding money, I completely agree.

Regarding your ex-wife, I can't comment. :P

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Regarding your ex-wife, I can't comment. tongue.png

Well you're one of a lucky few who haven't been entangled in her evil succubus like web...you should feel blessed. :) lol

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So far, there were only two places I ran across the word "swimmingly" with some regularity.

Posts written by the CABA ladies and James Bond movies.

And now there is a third.

I prefer to placed closer to the bond movies but I know I won't.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

There should be a law against any quotes from any "bibles". I can find one to justify murder...so you can see the utter hypocrisy.

So you would be OK with outlawing anyone, politician or not, from quoting the Bible?

The need to get rid of the money in the game...it is the root of all evil; well besides my ex-wife that is...lol

If you're going to take a partial quote from the Bible, you should state it correctly. Or probably you should be outlawed from quoting the Bible here on VJ. 1 TIM 6:10 "For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil:"

what if churches filled the role they were supposed to fill with their lovely tax exempt status, and helped poor people in the community without judgement or bias or just plain ol sticking to their own membership - maybe we wouldn't have so many religious freaks mucking up politics or poor people turning to the government to fill basic voids.

what if's aside - mr fincher and his "the one who is unwilling to work shall not eat" quote can go right on and tell that to the children. most of us know what jesus said about caring for and defending the kids..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So you would be OK with outlawing anyone, politician or not, from quoting the Bible?

If you're going to take a partial quote from the Bible, you should state it correctly. Or probably you should be outlawed from quoting the Bible here on VJ. 1 TIM 6:10 "For the LOVE of money is the root of all evil:"

I wasn't quoting the bible, it was just a comment on money being evil.

It's the government and the bible has no place in that function. Although Christianity may be your religion, the US was not and is not founded on any religion, so bible quotes need to be put back in church in my opinion.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ah dude, you trying to steal my name?

Nevermind, looks like I'm trying to steal your name.

Edited by GandD