I AM NOT THAT GUY

Obama - IRS - Smoking Gun

168 posts in this topic

The first presidential election I was eligible to vote was Clinton's 2nd term. I remember going to the polling booth and turning back because of the lines. I went home and watched TV instead. Bush's 1st term was my first actual vote in a presidential election.

Yes, Charles. And twice for Obama. I pick the winners.

One thing we are very fortunate with here is there are very few lines on voting day, and when there is it's usually no more than 10 minutes. I know sometimes right in the heart of Boston they get some long wait times, but not outside the city really.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

For those who think the self professed mainstreamers are really liberals, read the fvcking republican party platform during Eisenhower's administration. back then, the differences between the two parties was more semantics than ideology. it's the philosophy of ayn rand that has poisoned the GOP, turning it into a pseudo-libertarian party with fascist tendencies. they no longer believe in a government of the people, for the people and by the people. instead, they want corporatism to shape public policy. never before has this country seen such a perversion of ideals that eats away at our prosperity for the sake of profit. thank you, ayn rand and all your fan boys who never seemed to grow out of a self centered mindset.

Edited by Lincolns mullet

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

For those who think the self professed mainstreamers are really liberals, read the fvcking republican party platform during Eisenhower's administration. back then, the differences between the two parties was more semantics than ideology. it's the philosophy of ayn rand that has poisoned the GOP, turning it into a pseudo-libertarian party with fascist tendencies. they no longer believe in a government of the people, for the people and by the people. instead, they want corporatism to shape public policy. never before has this country seen such a perversion of ideals that eats away at our prosperity for the sake of profit. thank you, ayn rand and all your fan boys who never seemed to grow out of a self centered mindset.

Chances are however that most ot them don't know who Eisenhower was, other than the guy whose name you see along the freeway system..

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Um, in the case of Watergate, the GOP broke into a Democratic office utilizing operatives that were paid out of a Republican slush fund? Dear lord, we've reached the "Tax-Gate" stage already? When will the grassy knoll be bandied about? I guess that's TOTALLY the same?

Yeah...that's clearly the same as IRS personnel (not White House mind you) scrutinizing 501c that were in most cases funded and sponsored by a wealthy Republican's, their companies or GOP think tanks. See the originators of this totally spontaneous and "grass roots" party...designed and paid for by the billionaire Koch brothers. Yes, no reason to question those applications. :/

But wait a minute, I thought you guys were for profiling? Oh, yeah I forgot, that's only when its the other guys...now I get it. Do not profile the rich...it's just un-American!

Bottom line is I'm NOT happy with this IRS tactics either, because I want more Tea Party filings. I want more rally's and protests with misspelled cryptic slogans that make no sense. Its like watching a Republican Titanic sail into the sunset while they cheer that last voyage. The beauty is that the T baggers slowly are eroding away at the ability for the GOP to attract anyone other than their rabid minority base; who of course already vote Republican. Just brilliant I tell you.

That's one hell of a plan you got there guys. wink.png Keep it up!

I guess you missed my earlier post. If this is just about how the IRS used it's discretion, there is no scandal. The scandal here is if the IRS was releasing confidential information about conservative groups to liberal groups that the liberal groups then used against those conservative groups. If you don't see the parallel to Watergate there, then you've just chosen not to.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The scandal here is if the IRS was releasing confidential information about conservative groups to liberal groups that the liberal groups then used against those conservative groups. If you don't see the parallel to Watergate there, then you've just chosen not to.

They've proven that fact? The entire IRS was releasing information to the Democratic party? I find that very hard to believe, mainly because just because you work at the IRS doesn't mean you're a Democrat.

And even if they did, what exact information could possibly help the Democrats? The fact that they are a loony fringe group or that they are almost always funded by a billionaire?

When I read these claims I always wonder how loosly they are based on the actual fact...and how much was spun up by Fox.

The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness. 

-John Kenneth Galbraith

Timeline

5-13-2013 - I129-F Send Express to Texas

5-15-2013 - I129-F Delivered and signed for in Lewisville Texas at USCIS

5-17-2013 - NOA1

5-20-2013 - Check Cashed USCIS

8-01-2013 - NOA2  (76 Days from NOA1)

9-20-2013 - NVC received!

10-7-2013  - Received at embassy Manila (17 days from receiving at NVC)

10-21-2013 - Passed Medical

10-25-2013 - Interview scheduled

10-25-2013 - Administrative Review

11-5-2013  -  Approved

11-13-2013 - Visa received

11-19-2013 - Leaving to PI

12-3-2013 - POE Seattle WA

12-14-2013 - Wedding Ruston Washington.

Filed: Timeline

Another member of the fringe element. rolleyes.gif

Timeline

Republican Party Platform of 1956

Declaration of Faith

excerpt...

On its Centennial, the Republican Party again calls to the minds of all Americans the great truth first spoken by Abraham Lincoln: "The legitimate object of Government is to do for a community of people whatever they need to have done but cannot do at all, or cannot so well do, for themselves in their separate and individual capacities. But in all that people can individually do as well for themselves, Government ought not to interfere."

We are proud of and shall continue our far-reaching and sound advances in matters of basic human needs—expansion of social security—broadened coverage in unemployment insurance —improved housing—and better health protection for all our people. We are determined that our government remain warmly responsive to the urgent social and economic problems of our people.

To these beliefs we commit ourselves as we present this record and declare our goals for the future.

We shall continue vigorously to support the United Nations.

Under the Republican Administration, as our country has prospered, so have its people. This is as it should be, for as President Eisenhower said: "Labor is the United States. The men and women, who with their minds, their hearts and hands, create the wealth that is shared in this country—they are America."

The Eisenhower Administration has brought to our people the highest employment, the highest wages and the highest standard of living ever enjoyed by any nation. Today there are nearly 67 million men and women at work in the United States, 4 million more than in 1952. Wages have increased substantially over the past 3 1/2 years; but, more important, the American wage earner today can buy more than ever before for himself and his family because his pay check has not been eaten away by rising taxes and soaring prices.

The record of performance of the Republican Administration on behalf of our working men and women goes still further. The Federal minimum wage has been raised for more than 2 million workers. Social Security has been extended to an additional 10 million workers and the benefits raised for 6 1/2 million. The protection of unemployment insurance has been brought to 4 million additional workers. There have been increased workmen's compensation benefits for longshoremen and harbor workers, increased retirement benefits for railroad employees, and wage increases and improved welfare and pension plans for federal employees.

In addition, the Eisenhower Administration has enforced more vigorously and effectively than ever before, the laws which protect the working standards of our people.

Workers have benefited by the progress which has been made in carrying out the programs and principles set forth in the 1952 Republican platform. All workers have gained and unions have grown in strength and responsibility, and have increased their membership by 2 millions.

Furthermore, the process of free collective bargaining has been strengthened by the insistence of this Administration that labor and management settle their differences at the bargaining table without the intervention of the Government. This policy has brought to our country an unprecedented period of labor-management peace and understanding.

We applaud the effective, unhindered, collective bargaining which brought an early end to the 1956 steel strike, in contrast to the six months' upheaval, Presidential seizure of the steel industry and ultimate Supreme Court intervention under the last Democrat Administration.

The Eisenhower Administration will continue to fight for dynamic and progressive programs which, among other things, will:

Stimulate improved job safety of our workers, through assistance to the States, employees and employers;

Continue and further perfect its programs of assistance to the millions of workers with special employment problems, such as older workers, handicapped workers, members of minority groups, and migratory workers;

Strengthen and improve the Federal-State Employment Service and improve the effectiveness of the unemployment insurance system;

Protect by law, the assets of employee welfare and benefit plans so that workers who are the beneficiaries can be assured of their rightful benefits;

Assure equal pay for equal work regardless of Sex;

Clarify and strengthen the eight-hour laws for the benefit of workers who are subject to federal wage standards on Federal and Federally-assisted construction, and maintain and continue the vigorous administration of the Federal prevailing minimum wage law for public supply contracts;

Extend the protection of the Federal minimum wage laws to as many more workers as is possible and practicable;

Continue to fight for the elimination of discrimination in employment because of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry or sex;

Provide assistance to improve the economic conditions of areas faced with persistent and substantial unemployment;

Revise and improve the Taft-Hartley Act so as to protect more effectively the rights of labor unions, management, the individual worker, and the public.

The protection of the right of workers to organize into unions and to bargain collectively is the firm and permanent policy of the Eisenhower Administration.

In 1954, 1955 and again in 1956, President Eisenhower recommended constructive amendments to this Act. The Democrats in Congress have consistently blocked these needed changes by parliamentary maneuvers. The Republican Party pledges itself to overhaul and improve the Taft-Hartley Act along the lines of these recommendations.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=25838

Now, anyone here who labels themself a traditional Republican, but doesn't espouse to the above ideals has to ask themselves, how come I'm not embracing the very traditional ideals my party once held if I'm really a traditional Republican?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think with the two party system, its more of a dividing up of the people on opposite sides of any particular issue. When was the last time a public issue came out that Republicans and Democrats did not take sides? The party goals are irrelevant when all you care about is getting a larger voting base.

Timeline

I think with the two party system, its more of a dividing up of the people on opposite sides of any particular issue. When was the last time a public issue came out that Republicans and Democrats did not take sides? The party goals are irrelevant when all you care about is getting a larger voting base.

How do you have an honest political dialogue when your opponent is even suspicious of your love for your country? While there certainly are extremists from both sides, the Republican Party has been overrun by the extreme right and the evidence is demonstrated above from that 1956 Republican Party Platform. If any modern Republican politician were to say any of those things, he'd be labelled a rhino and would never get elected/re-elected. Christie is about as close as it gets and even he isn't anywhere near those traditional party ideals.