4 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Im confused on the sponsor!

My sponsor situation keeps going back and forth which is very stressful!

But we may have found someone who is willing to do it...

So we found a family friend of my fiance who might help. She is married and has children.

I'm not sure what her income alone is- but if her and her husband file taxes together since they are married do they BOTH need to sign the paper?

Of course I understand that for their household size (plus my fiance) they need to make 125% above the poverty line, be US citizens and reside in the US.

Assuming all of this is covered- I'm confused on whether or not they would both need to sign or if she could just sign since they file taxes together- and are married.

Thank you

06/06/2013: Sent in AOS Packet!

06/10/2013: USCIS Received AOS Packet

06/12/2013: Received NOA Text Confirmations of Packages

06/15/2013: Received Hard Copy of NOA

07/03/2013: Biometrics Appointment Letter sent by USCIS

07/10/2013: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07/11/2013: Walk in Biometrics in Gardena,CA

07/17/2013: I-485 status changed to Testing and Interview

08/12/2013: Received status update e-mail with interview date

08/14/2013: EAD Approved and went into card production (via electronic notification)

08/14/2013: AP approved (via electronic notification)

08/17/2013: Received Hard Copy of interview notice

08/20/2013: Received status update e-mail saying combo card is being mailed!

08/22/2013: Received Combo Card in the mail smile.png

09/11/2103: AOS Interview at 10:50am!

09/11/2013: APPROVED!! good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Since they file taxes together, she would file I-864 and the husband/ other spouse would file I-864A.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

this is what i did for mine and so far so good it looks ok. i used a married woman as my sponsor because my wife is unemployed. she only filled i864 and i attached her w2, she then went to the irs to get a tax transcript. its pretty straight forward because the w2 will show how much money she made and even a letter from the employer does help as well. dont forget her identification documents and 6 months pay stubs if necessary. in my own case, i didnt incolve the husband at all, this is because the wifes income was sufficient, i mean she earns over 50k per annum

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.