Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


4 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Im confused on the sponsor!

My sponsor situation keeps going back and forth which is very stressful!

But we may have found someone who is willing to do it...

So we found a family friend of my fiance who might help. She is married and has children.

I'm not sure what her income alone is- but if her and her husband file taxes together since they are married do they BOTH need to sign the paper?

Of course I understand that for their household size (plus my fiance) they need to make 125% above the poverty line, be US citizens and reside in the US.

Assuming all of this is covered- I'm confused on whether or not they would both need to sign or if she could just sign since they file taxes together- and are married.

Thank you

06/06/2013: Sent in AOS Packet!

06/10/2013: USCIS Received AOS Packet

06/12/2013: Received NOA Text Confirmations of Packages

06/15/2013: Received Hard Copy of NOA

07/03/2013: Biometrics Appointment Letter sent by USCIS

07/10/2013: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

07/11/2013: Walk in Biometrics in Gardena,CA

07/17/2013: I-485 status changed to Testing and Interview

08/12/2013: Received status update e-mail with interview date

08/14/2013: EAD Approved and went into card production (via electronic notification)

08/14/2013: AP approved (via electronic notification)

08/17/2013: Received Hard Copy of interview notice

08/20/2013: Received status update e-mail saying combo card is being mailed!

08/22/2013: Received Combo Card in the mail smile.png

09/11/2103: AOS Interview at 10:50am!

09/11/2013: APPROVED!! good.gif

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Since they file taxes together, she would file I-864 and the husband/ other spouse would file I-864A.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

this is what i did for mine and so far so good it looks ok. i used a married woman as my sponsor because my wife is unemployed. she only filled i864 and i attached her w2, she then went to the irs to get a tax transcript. its pretty straight forward because the w2 will show how much money she made and even a letter from the employer does help as well. dont forget her identification documents and 6 months pay stubs if necessary. in my own case, i didnt incolve the husband at all, this is because the wifes income was sufficient, i mean she earns over 50k per annum

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.