AKSinghSingh79

Need some advice on unobtainable documents

2 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Yet another monkey wrench in our case.....

My husband, yesterday, went to retrieve his Indian Passport Clearance Certificate (PCC), a required document to complete the CR-1 and was denied because our marriage is not registered. To reiterate, we have been unable to register our marriage since the day we were married in India, about a year ago.

The registration document is a required document, according to the consulate website, however we were able to get around this by providing substantial evidence that we have tried multiple times and followed all laws in regards to us marrying.

Now a different official refuses to budge on the issuance of this PCC document. My husband is at least trying to get a letter from the official stating why he cannot provide us with the PCC. My husband was very forthcoming from the beginning in his application for the PCC. He directly stated that he had problems registering our marriage and would not be providing a registration certificate. In India, a married person will also update their passport to add the name of their spouse. Since we do not have a marriage registration certificate, my husband was not able to have my name listed in his passport. He also mentioned this several times and he was told "it's ok" and "everything will be fine".

I am not asking for India specific advice. We are far beyond that level. I am convinced that like the marriage registration certificate, the PCC will now become an unobtainable document as well since it is directly linked to the former unobtainable document.

How can we get around the requirements of this document? My husband has lived in other countries besides India and we will be providing all the police certificates from them. He also has been fingerprinted by the local authorities in his area and been provided with a clear police certificate from his local police station. What other sort of evidence can we gather to build up a strong case that since this is directly related to the first unobtainable document (marriage registration), we are unable to obtain this PCC?

Please do not advise me on Indian-specific laws. I am asking general questions regarding procedures of unobtainable documents.

Thank you.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My original post was a bit wordy so I'll simplify my questions. If anyone has either directly experienced or knows of anything related to unobtainable documents could you please provide me with some information? Thanks!

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.