sam farah

K1 Sponser $9,200 Total Income Last Year HELP!!!

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

im way below the poverty guideline... my dad is co sponsoring... what do I do? I only made 9200 last year

05/28/2010 - went to Egypt for the first time since imgrated with family in 07/1995.

05/29/2010 - Met her for the first time.

06/17/2010 - confessed my feelings for her and told her i wanna get to know her better.

07/01/2010 - Returned to the states, been talking to her since over Skype, Yahoo messenger, and on the phone Daily.

10/05/2010 - confessed my love to her, and started talking about getting engaged.

05/23/2012 - went back to Egypt for 10 weeks to spend time with her and get engaged.

07/01/2012 - My mother flew down to attend the engagement.

08/06/2012 - My mother & I returned back to the states.

10/06/2012 - I-129F Packet Sent to USPS Express Mail and courier deliveries center in Lewisville, TX 75067

10/11/2012 - Received NOA1 by mail.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I suggest looking for another job. You will need much more than $9K a year to live on. Have you considered that your fiance might find difficulties getting employment here? How are 2 people going to live on this? There will be much strain on the relationship because of finances. Even with a co-sponsor, consulate may frown on this situation.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

we just got k1 fiance visa approval with a co-sponsor, my dad as co-sponsor. I have no income at all because I am a student.
I've heard that it depends on the embassy, but you can do the co-sponsor with the i-134.

my dad filled it out.

I filled it out.

we also included his tax documents, my tax documents, letters from the banks, letters from each of us and basically any financial information we could think of that would prove we could take care of ourselves.

best way is with a co-sponsor who will fill out the i-134.

good luck!

K1 Fiance Visa, Japan

I-129F Sent : 2012-09-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-09-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-02-28

Consulate Received : 2013-03-15

Interview Date : 2013-05-20

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2013-05-22

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 164 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 245 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

we just got k1 fiance visa approval with a co-sponsor, my dad as co-sponsor. I have no income at all because I am a student.

I've heard that it depends on the embassy, but you can do the co-sponsor with the i-134.

my dad filled it out.

I filled it out.

we also included his tax documents, my tax documents, letters from the banks, letters from each of us and basically any financial information we could think of that would prove we could take care of ourselves.

best way is with a co-sponsor who will fill out the i-134.

good luck!

Great but Japan has zero to do with the Mid East when it comes to requirements. Egypt can be very difficult. Mistakes is understanding or approach will result in denial.

Filed: Timeline

im way below the poverty guideline... my dad is co sponsoring... what do I do? I only made 9200 last year

How much are you making per month right now?

I was in a similar situation, but I currently make enough, and I've had my job since September of last year. They go by CURRENT income.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Step one is to figure out whether or not your consulate accepts co-sponsors. I cannot, unfortunately, speak about Egypt and co-sponsors.

Step two, if your consulate does accept co-sponsors then get one who surpasses the income requirement. Fill out an I-134 and collect supporting documents yourself, and have your co-sponsor do the same.

Step two, if your consulate does not accept co-sponsors, you have a couple of options. One, you can get a new job that meets the requirements ASAP (not easy at all, I know). Current income is what matters the most. Two, you can stop the K-1 route, get married and restart on the CR-1 route. On the CR-1 you file and I-864 instead, which permits a co-sponsor.

I wish you the best of luck in successfully navigating this hurdle!

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for tos violation. cease the name calling.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Great but Japan has zero to do with the Mid East when it comes to requirements. Egypt can be very difficult. Mistakes is understanding or approach will result in denial.

all countries and all situations are different.

I was offering perspective as a person who has dealt with the situation in relation to lack of income.

obviously, my perspective is not perfect, and may not be useful.

I don't actually see anyone on this thread giving advice regarding the mid east or egypt or any relevant situations.

But yeah, thanks for your critique.

I'll make sure in the future to only reply to posts have exactly identical situations.

I'm sure that will make this community so much more useful when everyone does that.

K1 Fiance Visa, Japan

I-129F Sent : 2012-09-10

I-129F NOA1 : 2012-09-17

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-02-28

Consulate Received : 2013-03-15

Interview Date : 2013-05-20

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2013-05-22

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 164 days from your NOA1 date.
Your interview took 245 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

all countries and all situations are different.

I was offering perspective as a person who has dealt with the situation in relation to lack of income.

obviously, my perspective is not perfect, and may not be useful.

I don't actually see anyone on this thread giving advice regarding the mid east or egypt or any relevant situations.

But yeah, thanks for your critique.

I'll make sure in the future to only reply to posts have exactly identical situations.

I'm sure that will make this community so much more useful when everyone does that.

I assume you are talking to or about me as one of those people. I think my post is clear, helpful and relevant where I ask him to find out if they even allow a co sponsor. Its also important that the O P realizes what you do not. What happened to your case in Japan isnt relevant.

Your actions in your case have nothing to do with a case taking place in Egypt. Your lucky to be allowed the use of the co sponsor and to have daddy supporting you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.