duraaraa

Interview scheduled for Wednesday... Very nervous!

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I'm clueless when it comes to the update on the website. I'm sure you must be very anxious. She'll call soon and all of this doubt will be behind you.

What are the other languages you speak?

English, Japanese, Mongolian, Spanish, Portuguese... then bits and pieces of various other languages, but those are the five I can actually say I speak.

What would Xenu do?

My phone rang...

It wasn't my fiancee, though. My friend was asking how the interview went. Obviously, I couldn't say yet.

Scared the ####### out of me, though!

I'm sorry that this made me laugh! Aren't you glad that the days of the home phone are over?? I have visions of you contemplating picking it up every minute to check for the dial tone, but being nervous because you don't want to make the line busy in case she calls that very second.

I'm sorry that this made me laugh! Aren't you glad that the days of the home phone are over?? I have visions of you contemplating picking it up every minute to check for the dial tone, but being nervous because you don't want to make the line busy in case she calls that very second.

Technology is certainly magnificent. If it were the days of home phones and dialup internet access, I would not be able to post right now unless I had a second phone line :P

Ironically, I don't get cell phone reception at home, and rely on an IP phone. I don't have a clue how it handles call waiting, though. I do use Google Voice, though, so I know when I have missed calls.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I should mention that for every foreign language I learned, I have continued to lose touch with English tongue.png

I have this exact problem. I find I have to practice with English before I do something with it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I have this exact problem. I find I have to practice with English before I do something with it.

It's good to know it's not limited to me. I use Japanese exclusively at work and with friends, Mongolian with my fiancee... I use English with my parents and siblings, and when at stores. I seriously have lost touch with my mother tongue. Then again, I've only been back in the U.S. since late last August.

It has even extended to the point where I don't trust people to follow my trail of thought when using English, so I tend to over-explain things. If that's not bad enough, I've developed a weird kind of neutral accent, where people ask me where I'm from and don't believe me when I say, "here."

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

No, you should not be worrying about how long it's taking.

My children hate what they call my "foreign voice". Apparently whenever we travel or when I'm speaking to someone who's native language is not English, I speak with a slight accent that is similar to the person I'm speaking with. It comes out naturally, my kids can't stand it, but I think it seems to help with the communication. I've been trying really hard to not do this with my fiancé anymore, but I catch myself doing it all the time.

No, you should not be worrying about how long it's taking.

I don't know... all of the embassy reviews by the successful applications in Ulaanbaatar have described the interview as "short," "two minutes," "just a few easy questions," etc.

Hopefully she's just been sitting somewhere waiting for her number to be called, and not being grilled about whether or not my mother likes pickles, or something.

What would Xenu do?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, i'm thinking there's a queue today.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

ya, i'm thinking there's a queue today.

I haven't read the embassy reviews for her country, but I've read numerous reviews that start with "the appointment was for 8:00. He was called to the counter to drop off papers at 8:30. Then he waited 3 hours before being called for the interview"

I hope that is the case. I don't know, though, because I know they do the regular tourist/student interviews in the morning, and hers started at 1:00PM local time. I don't really think that in a country of around 3 million people, all that many would be interviewing for visas today. The website update is also rather strange... I guess the only way to find out is to wait, though.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Don't read nuffin' into it, no man. Bureaucracy proceeds slowly.

Hate to admit that I must hit the hay soonly, sigh man. Can't prop the eyes (which resemble orbs of very lean bacon) open any longer, no man, zzz man.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I'm going to nod off. The alarm is set for five hours from now. My son is graduating high school in the morning!!!

Try not to drive yourself crazy! I'll check for an update first thing in the morning.

Thanks for keeping my mind off it (on it?) for a while. It really helped.

Sleep well, and congratulations to your son.

Don't read nuffin' into it, no man. Bureaucracy proceeds slowly.

Hate to admit that I must hit the hay soonly, sigh man. Can't prop the eyes (which resemble orbs of very lean bacon) open any longer, no man, zzz man.

No worries. Thanks to you as well for keeping me occupied!

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thanks to you as well for keeping me occupied!

We're part of the Occupy movement, hee hee man. Keep the faith. Zzz-ing now.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.