duraaraa

Interview scheduled for Wednesday... Very nervous!

72 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

It's also a reason I seem like such a commie on the Politics and Religion board tongue.png

Fascinating insights -- I hadn't heard much about "what had happened" after the Communist government was done away with (rather peacefully, I gather, especially in comparison with other places).

And your comment above explains it nicely and grants you a "pass" of sorts... but don't push it. :lol:

Your fiancee and her family were/are semi-nomadic, I presume, or relatively stable where they live? Do they earn their livings chiefly by livestock husbandry, or by a combination of methods?

Speaking of livestock, is there a yak industry?

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

communication ability between the two humans is certainly an aspect that's evaluated during the adjudication process at the IV Unit. Based on what we (you and I) wrote about, ages past, I think you'll be fine with the pile of documentation about communication ability that was recently submitted.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

Fascinating insights -- I hadn't heard much about "what had happened" after the Communist government was done away with (rather peacefully, I gather, especially in comparison with other places).

And your comment above explains it nicely and grants you a "pass" of sorts... but don't push it. laughing.gif

Your fiancee and her family were/are semi-nomadic, I presume, or relatively stable where they live? Do they earn their livings chiefly by livestock husbandry, or by a combination of methods?

Speaking of livestock, is there a yak industry?

Historically, she comes from a nomadic family, but she's mainly been in the capital city, Ulaanbaatar, her whole life. Although when I was living there, she did get a job for a while in cosmetics sales, she generally has watched over her kids and her older brother's kids. Her older brother supported her by working for Mongolia's big beverage company, and her brother's wife worked as a cook, while my fiancee mainly took care of the home when the kids were small... they lived in two yurts, side by side, which means, of course, I am also very close with her brother and their family.

She had to quit her job because one of her kids got sick with meningitis. He's actually still in the hospital, and has been for over four months. He's over the meningitis now, and she says that he's got his strength back enough to stand up and walk from room to room. There will need to be a separate interview for the kids for that reason, but I'm not worried about that, as I am sure the kids will be approved so long as she is.

We have really been through a lot lately, so a visa approval would be some much needed good news.

What would Xenu do?

communication ability between the two humans is certainly an aspect that's evaluated during the adjudication process at the IV Unit. Based on what we (you and I) wrote about, ages past, I think you'll be fine with the pile of documentation about communication ability that was recently submitted.

Another thanks for that help, ages past. It was my major concern to prove that we can communicate, and I think I did a good job of it.

I actually called the embassy to ask about the interview date. When they asked what my name was, I misheard "What's your name" for "What's 'er name," and gave them my fiancee's name, which is actually a unisex name. They then asked me in Mongolian if I was Mongolian, and I told them, in Mongolian, that I wasn't and that it was my fiancee's name. Maybe they put a note in the file that I could speak Mongolian, or at least that I could pronounce my fiancee's name enough to convince them that I was. Then again, maybe they didn't, but I seriously did my best evidence-wise.

That's why I'm hoping for a smooth interview... I have tons of proof of our correspondence, our relationship, my relationship with her kids, me appearing on Mongolian TV with her kids (don't ask), and lots of other stuff. I don't know what more I could have done.

What would Xenu do?

Timeline

We have really been through a lot lately, so a visa approval would be some much needed good news.

Sounds like it, si man. It's not fun when one's kids are sick. Pulling for you. If I'm up late enough, I hope to share in the good news.

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Sounds like it, si man. It's not fun when one's kids are sick. Pulling for you. If I'm up late enough, I hope to share in the good news.

I have no idea how busy the embassy is on a Wednesday afternoon, but I'm hoping to get a call from her quite soon. Don't force your eyes not to close, though... ClockWatch2.gif

What would Xenu do?

Thank you for sharing more of your story with us. I've already told you how I've been watching your posts for a while now. And I must say that knowing more about how you found your way to Mongolia and into a relationship with a woman that you love so much pulls at my heart strings.

Waiting to hear the news when it comes :)

Timeline

Don't force your eyes not to close, though... ClockWatch2.gif

No problems there, no man.

This reminds me of a radio announcer, back in the '70s, who said, while reading a commercial: "Don't fail to miss it!" wacko.png

Thank you for sharing more of your story with us. I've already told you how I've been watching your posts for a while now. And I must say that knowing more about how you found your way to Mongolia and into a relationship with a woman that you love so much pulls at my heart strings.

Waiting to hear the news when it comes smile.png

Thank you very much for your support!

I do love her very much. I'm ready to say goodbye to my job, my parents, my siblings, and my country if I have to, because I love her so much. That is, I suppose, why I am probably twice as nervous as she is. I will be sure to post the news as soon as I hear it. I'm seriously hoping for an "everything looks good, just bring us the medical and we'll issue the visa" type of result. If I get that, I will be able to sleep tonight.

No problems there, no man.

This reminds me of a radio announcer, back in the '70s, who said, while reading a commercial: "Don't fail to miss it!" wacko.png

I should mention that for every foreign language I learned, I have continued to lose touch with English tongue.png

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

No matter the outcome at the interview, you already have wonderful news! Nothing will prevent the two of you from being together. The only real question is which country your family be living in. And, despite everything, the child is recovering well and gaining strength.

Very true. The interview doesn't determine whether or not we will be together, at all. It does determine, though, my ability to spend time with my parents before I lose them, my ability to continue at a job I really like with co-workers I really like, and so on.

I just looked at the ceac.state.gov site, and checked our status. It was just updated within the past couple of minutes, when the previous update had been May 15, but the status stayed the same, "ready for interview." Perhaps they are going to re-interview her? I'm assuming my phone will ring very soon.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

The fact that it was updated, but it is something other than "sent back to NVC because we don't like you" or something of that nature has made me feel a little bit positive. Then again, maybe the updated date happens as soon as the interview begins? No idea. I guess I'll know soon.

As for the ice cream, I think it might melt in the mail... unless we all lived in Mongolia during the winter, of course. (Looks for a Genghis Khan smiley, but gives up)

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.