punisher.man

advice on getting a job in america

2 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

hello,

I have been married to an american for one year and two months now and she has lived with me in egypt since july last year. we just submitted our I-130 package in april and are waiting for our answer. when and if i get approved to travel to america with my wife and our newborn daughter, i would like to get a job to support my family and go to school too. i'm 35 years old and have a bachelors degree in accounting and i have been working accounting for 8 years, and i have also worked as a sales man throughout the years. i have recently taken a course in auto mechanics with the italian embassy here in cairo (Don Bosco Institute). I'm very interested in cars and fixing them. my plan is to study mechanical engineering at a university in america. i really do not like accounting at all, but am willing to work this in america if i have to in order to support my family. i was thinking about taking a CPA course with the american university in cairo or taking a computer programming course, as computer fields need alot of people to work them. I was wondering if you all have any advice or help for me. do you think its a good idea to work as a mechanic, an accountant, or a computer programmer in america? what job do you think will hire me with my experience or education, and what do you think is the best job to support my family and go to school at the same time? should i take a computer course or should i take a CPA course, what is your opinion? can i work in america as a mechanic with this course i have from the italian embassy, if you know about that? please if anyone have any advice or help i would be much appreciative.

Thanks,

Mohamed

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.