Ratty and C

She's at the Manila Embassy Interview right now!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If the case was not withdrawn, why her past boyfriend brought a new Filipina girl to USA? Does it mean beneficiary also need to inform or report the embassy if she had a past petition? how she would know if the petition exist or not?

I hope you can get through with this. God bless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

They broke up, due to reasons i won't explain here, right after the time he had filed the case. 3-4 years later he met the new Filipina and applied for her to come over - that is apparently fine as long as it's not 2 K1's in less than 2 years. So for him the old K1 didn't raise any flags, but for my fiancee it did. Double standard for the US Citizen and Foreign fiancee 'cos they are trying to stop different circumstances due to fraud and abuse i think.

She should really have known for sure that the petition existed, but he never supplied the case number or any evidence that he had actually filed it, so she just didn't know for sure. She had provided him with the information necessary to file, but that didn't mean that he must have filed the case. She could not communicate with him after they broke up, so just assumed the whole thing was cancelled by her never having heard more or gone to an interview. And all that would be fine, except that CSC doesn't do their job of removing his old K1 application when they receive our new K1 back from the embassy, they just put it in a long line then pretty much rubber stamp it as denied after making us wait. If we were through VSC instead of CSC this would not be an issue. So, i think it's pretty tough for us to have known this would have been a problem right at the start of the whole process 'cos who here really knows how CSC and VSC differ in their implementation of the rules before they start the process?

Good luck to you all, and a sincere thank you everyone for the advice and help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.