mota bhai

Republicans want to kill Obamacare so much, they refuse to try to fix it

63 posts in this topic

Free? What?

How much does Obamacare cost for someone who doesn't work?

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

May I suggest that calling Obamacare "free healthcare" because a small percentage of insureds will have zero out of pocket costs is more than a small stretch of the truth?

It's all about the "free stuff".

Filed: Timeline

I got a better picture of it now. What is the GOP's answer to this system if they are so against it?

Nothing. The really comical thing is that Obamacare is essentially Newt Gingrich's response to Clinton's health care reform initiative in 1993. It's the GOP's very own plan. Now they call it communism. The individual mandate is the brainchild of the Heritage Foundation. Now they hate the hell out of it becasue it's unconstitutional. It's really funny just how much conservatives hate their own ideas.

What I am saying is if someone is rich and paying for private and personal health care, they should have the option to do so. Someone at work broke it down for me in their own terms, that's what I mean. If someone can't afford healthcare then Obamacare should be no problem, if some rich person who wants their own, should be able to get it.

You can pay for private and personal health care all you want. I have a high deductible plan - low premiums but I pay for most of my bills myself. Except when disaster strikes and I end up in the hospital. Then my insurance kicks in. I have a max annual out of pocket so there's a limit to what I am on the hook for. I could also sign up for a plan that pays for pretty much everything but that comes with much higher premiums. I opten for the high deductible plan and the HSA. Works better for me. And I - while doing well - am by no means rich. It's not like there are no choices. That's just Republicans talking out their rectums.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a high deductible plan - low premiums but I pay for most of my bills myself.

I have a similar tactic with insurance. Since I'm pretty fiscally responsible, I prefer the low premium, high deductible approach. Imagine that, I'm a VJ deemed liberal who is completely financially independent and responsible. I need a smiley face with a head exploding.

I have a similar tactic with insurance. Since I'm pretty fiscally responsible, I prefer the low premium, high deductible approach. Imagine that, I'm a VJ deemed liberal who is completely financially independent and responsible. I need a smiley face with a head exploding.

I got what you need: smileyvault-explode.gif

What would Xenu do?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For people who are unemployed and can not afford insurance, Medicaid is already an option... However, Obamacare reduces the threshold and makes qualifying for that program easier... But it also reduces the fee schedules for physicians.. So a physician may receive a payment of about $27.00, for an office visit from someone on Medicaid... Doctors say this reimbursement rate is too low.. But considering they schedule an office appointment every 10 minutes, that's about $180/hour.... In rural areas, it is difficult to find a physician that accepts Medicaid for office appointments... Of course hospitals must accept Medicaid so if a specialty physician is "on call" they must see that patient in the hospital.... But for issues that are not deemed an emergency, " an immediate life/death situation"... people who only have Medicaid must sometimes travel an hour or more to find/see a physician who will accept Medicaid in their office.... and if these financially challenged people do not have a car, then getting to the doctor will be difficult, obtaining medications and follow-up treatment will also be difficult... I think the goal of Obamacare, is to get uninsured people into a health insurance program other than Medicaid..... Also, FYI.. phyicians are not required to accept Medicaid therefore they simply advise incoming patients that payment is due in advance..

None of that matters. You've been labeled a liberal, deal with it.

If one does not spank it to guns and ammo, one is a liberal.

When spanking to guns and ammo, a true Conservative shouts out "The Kenyan" at climax.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is ObamaCare dead yet?

Come on - kill it already !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !