ConGau1981

Post office expert

29 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have over 10 years experience working for USPS. I can answer your questions about mailing and I am happy and willing to help you smile.png

Edited by ConGau1981

Your friendly neighborhood post office expert

Timeline

Can you talk to your coworker that service my area that I don't ever read the coupons that he insists on shoving into my mailbox?

They go from the mailbox and straight into the trash

I understand what you mean, however the post office gets paid to deliver the coupons. When you send a letter you expect it to get delivered, so does the company that mails the coupons.

lol i love that you are offering advice and help with the postal service :)

My question, whats the cheapest way to send a small package to someone overseas, your own box or the ones they supply in the post office?

Timeline

lol i love that you are offering advice and help with the postal service smile.png

My question, whats the cheapest way to send a small package to someone overseas, your own box or the ones they supply in the post office?

If the box you have is under 4 pounds and if the L+W+H is less than 36 inches, then the cheapest shipping option is first class. A small priority flat rate box costs 23.95 but it is very small and you are only allowed up to 4 pounds.

Why do people go postal?

I have only worked for the post office for 10 years....ask me after I have been there 20 and I will give you a better answer!

I have only worked for the post office for 10 years....ask me after I have been there 20 and I will give you a better answer!

:lol:

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have over 10 years experience working for USPS. I can answer your questions about mailing and I am happy and willing to help you smile.png

I live in Washington State and have family 2 hours away over the border in Canada.

Why does EVERYTHING I mail them get sent down to Los Angeles and take on average 2 weeks to arrive? It's going south instead of north?!

Also, why does tracking stop when the package goes internationally? Canada Post tracks internationally. I am not sure if there is an option I am missing.

But it is driving me crazy!

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

I live in Washington State and have family 2 hours away over the border in Canada.

Why does EVERYTHING I mail them get sent down to Los Angeles and take on average 2 weeks to arrive? It's going south instead of north?!

Also, why does tracking stop when the package goes internationally? Canada Post tracks internationally. I am not sure if there is an option I am missing.

But it is driving me crazy

You should be able to track your package until it clears customs..after that it probably wont get tracked unless you send it express mail or Global express guaranteed. When I send priority to Vietnam I can track it all the way to customs but after it clears customs it stops. As far as going to LA and then on to Canada that happens because the international package dispatches happen at SFO or LAX from the west coast. 2 weeks is actually a pretty good average, you should be happy that you don't have to mail to Mexico...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should be able to track your package until it clears customs..after that it probably wont get tracked unless you send it express mail or Global express guaranteed. When I send priority to Vietnam I can track it all the way to customs but after it clears customs it stops. As far as going to LA and then on to Canada that happens because the international package dispatches happen at SFO or LAX from the west coast. 2 weeks is actually a pretty good average, you should be happy that you don't have to mail to Mexico...

Sigh, ugh I guess that is what happens when Canada is now lumped in with all international countries. I think the postage used to be a separate price but was combined this year although I am not positive. :( Well, I may just not use the post office and drive stuff up every few weeks instead. Thanks for the tip about how to track it -that could come in handy and I'll make sure to ask for those services when needed :)

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline

Isn't the international priority flat rate box the cheapest way to go for up to 20 pounds ?

not always...I shipped 8 pounds to Vietnam for $68 using my own box. The large flat rate is $77.95 but it didn't hold everything I wanted to send, so I used my own box and I saved $10

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Great thread :)

I have been wondering why it takes only 5 or 6 days when I send a standard letter from San Diego to Germany, and it most of the time takes more than twice as long for mail to get from Germany to San Diego... I know it is usually put on a plane in Germany after 1 day.

06-13-2012 - I-129F sent

10-11-2012 - NOA2

01-09-2013 - Interview (approved)

01-18-2013 - Visa received by DHL

-------------------------------------------------

02-21-2013 - One-way-flight to San Diego

03-22-2013 - Wedding

04-16-2013 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent

07-26-2013 - Green Card approved

05-11-2015 - I-751 sent

08-12-2015 - ROC Approved

05-14-2016 - N-400 sent

05-17-2016 - NOA1

06-10-2016 - Biometrics

12-16-2015 - Interview

418 days (1 year, 1 month and 23 days) from Sending out I-129F to Green Card in Hand

K1 Process: 219 days from Sending out I-129F to K1 Visa in Hand

AOS Process: 111 days from Sending out I-485 to Green Card in Hand

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I may have a new one for you.

This was sent via USPS express - so we could get the tracking number and everything. Do you know of any reason why they would reject a package to the Lewisville address (see below)? Thanks, any insight would be awesome!

USCIS
Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

May 29, 2013 - Finally!!! I-129F and associated forms delivered!

June 3, 2013 - NOA1!

August 19, 2013 - NOA2! (email)

October 10, 2013 - NVC has our case, Vancouver number assigned

***Communications with Vancouver begging to put my case on hold a while due to house not selling!!!***

February 18, 2014 - Packet 3 Submitted

February 20, 2014 - Packet 4!!

May 5, 2014 - Medical

May 7, 2014 - Consulate Interview

May 13, 2014 - K1 visa in hand!!!

July 2, 2014 - POE (Sweetgrass)<p>

July 23, 2014 - apply for EI (mother of god that was confusing...)<p>

August 11, 2014 - finally get hitched!

September 16, 2014 - send off AOS/AP/EAD