Time.plus

Got Approval for Cr-1 Spouse Visa.

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I have just gotten our appoval for the I-130 petition and the question I want to ask now is that it is still possible for us to include my own kids in the process? The petitioner is my wife and in the beginning I was thinking I should let the kids stay back in my own country,but as time goes on I started having this feelings that we should all migrate that will definitely put me in a position to look after my kids instead of leaving them with relative. Please what can I do now?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Ok I am glad you clarified you know this is a petition approval and not a visa approval because it is still very possible to be denied- most denials happen at embassy level.

Each child will need their own I-130 with fee etc. If your ex allows you to take the kids out of the country, have your wife file the petitions (they can all go in the same envelope) and in big bold letters at the front, request expedite due to already approved petition of father ()give name, case number etc).

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Ok I am glad you clarified you know this is a petition approval and not a visa approval because it is still very possible to be denied- most denials happen at embassy level.

Each child will need their own I-130 with fee etc. If your ex allows you to take the kids out of the country, have your wife file the petitions (they can all go in the same envelope) and in big bold letters at the front, request expedite due to already approved petition of father ()give name, case number etc).

Why won't you leave them with their mother until you arrive, get settled, have a job;. and then you can send for them and their mother because i am sure they will miss her. Hint: Hint:

Edited by Olami

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

I have just gotten our appoval for the I-130 petition and the question I want to ask now is that it is still possible for us to include my own kids in the process? The petitioner is my wife and in the beginning I was thinking I should let the kids stay back in my own country,but as time goes on I started having this feelings that we should all migrate that will definitely put me in a position to look after my kids instead of leaving them with relative. Please what can I do now?

Have you been approved for the Cr-1 spousal visa or has the I-130 just been approved? Those are very different things?

There is no way for your kids to be added to your process. The Cr-1 path does not allow for derivative children beneficiaires. Your spouse can file for them separately if the children are under age 18 when you got marry to the US citizen.

If you have an approved Cr-1 visa, then it is good for up to six months. Look at the expiration date. You can hold off on your immigration until the expiration date to wait for the cases for your kids to catch up. Alternatively, you could look into getting your visa extended.

If your case has not progressed to the US Embassy, then ask for the cases for your kids to be expedited based on your approved I-130.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Why won't you leave them with their mother until you arrive, get settled, have a job;. and then you can send for them and their mother because i am sure they will miss her. Hint: Hint:

huh.png

Huh? OP is already married to a USC, who is apparently not the mother. There would be no way for him to petition the mother of his children, since they are obviously not married.

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Timeline

Mariam need my candid advice and I want to share it with everyone may be you could give her a better advice. She has just filled a petition for her husband and her stepsons, but the husband is considering changing his mind due to the fact that her husband has jutst being appointed the Group Managing DIrector of a multi-national company,but he said the kids are free to migrate,now is it possible for the husband to abandon his CR-1 and can the kids be granted immigrant visas ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I am confused.... is the latest question for someone else?

In any case, yes, as long as they were married before the kids turn 18, they are the US citizen's step kids and she can petition them separately.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.