Jigar7

Administrative Process (AP) in Ankara, Turkey

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi

My fiancé and I are both from Iranian origin. She has only lived in Iran while I grew up here since I was a teenager and I am a US citizen. We applied for K1 visa in mid-2012 and our file was sent to Ankara, Turkey and she went to the interview in April. She was given a pink sheet with a checkmark "Administrative Processing" and was told to return to Iran (there is no US embassy in Iran) and check the Ankara (Turkey) embassy online to see if her number has been posted. From what I have read on here. out of about 20 Iranian couples or fiancés that have been interviewed in the past 6 months, my fiancé and one other person seem to be the only people who were put on AP. Everyone else got their visa within 10 days of the interview. My fiancé's interview and the other Iranian couples' interview were both done in Ankara. Someone else had also suggested to avoid Ankara embassy and try to go to Armenia for the interview. Is this true? I had read that women were less likely to be put under AP and in my case, that was not true. Does anyone know much about how long AP tends to be for Iranian beneficiaries? In our case a female beneficiary. It has been almost 5 weeks since the interview. Does anyone have any more information to share? Thank you very much and God bless all of you good people.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ap takes as long as it takes, no way of knowing.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My fiance (male) interviewd in Ankara in Jan. was of course put on AP. It took less then 30 days. I think all Iranians get AP. They tell you that you are approved but that you have to go through AP. Hopefully it will not take long.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...
Filed: Timeline

My father-in-law is from Iran. He was in the military his entire career, specifically, the Iranian Army. He was a General in the Iranian Army. He retired from the Iranian Army almost 20 years ago. Both my father-in-law and mother-in-law applied for immigrant visa. My mother-in-law did not have any administrative processing so she has received her green card and she has been to the U.S. twice already. In 2010, both my mother-in-law and father-in-law applied for tourist visa and my father-in-law administrative processing was complete in 10 weeks. They both came to the U.S. with a tourist visa and went back to Iran after 2 months. They both have clear and easy cases, no problems, no legal issues, etc. I don't understand why it is taking so long for my father-in-law administrative processing to be complete. His interview was in December 2013. Everytime I ask Ankara Consulate they say to just keep checking the website. Approximately a few months ago Ankara contacted him and requested he send them a table with all of the years he was in the Iranian Army, his rank, his responsibility, and the number of soldiers that reported to him. This table was completed and sent to Ankara Consulate. When we ask if they need any more information they say No.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I always wondered how they managed to undertake security checks at all in Countries like Iran?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.