jworld34

Few Questions on IR-1/CR-1 process

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey all,

I just have a few questions as my wife and I get ready to send in our I-130 package on Monday from Brazil.

1.) As for bonafide marriage proof, my wife and I printed out somethings on facebook showing us talking with each other, etc. One thing my wife printed out was the date we first started dating, according to "facebook". We were together a long time before that, but that's when we put it up on facebook, which happened to be mid-2012. Will this be a problem if USCIS see we've only been dating, "facebook time-wise" since 2012? Even though we are now married, and also sent in pictures of us in Brazil, of our wedding, and the small reception afterwards. Is it a risk or no problems leaving that info there?

2.) My wife and I will also be travelling back to visit my family in the 'States within the next few months while her visa is being processed. I am worried about immigration, as I know US security can be a real hassle. Slightly worried, is there any chance they stop her because her visa is being processed? Or ask her any number of questions, etc.?

Thanks guys!

J

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

1) is all your relationship proof from 2012 or are you just concerned about what you put on facebook? Honestly, you are legally married, they will be more concerned with that, the consulate will ask questions pertaining to the length of your relationship if there is a concern.

2) Entering into the US is never a guarantee. Even if they deny her entry into the US, it will not affect the spousal visa process. They can, however, ask whatever they want. If she is traveling with you I suggest she brings ties to Brazil to make the crossing easier.

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Will this be a problem if USCIS see we've only been dating, "facebook time-wise" since 2012?

No

Edited by Ryan H

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.