32 posts in this topic

My own story is that I have applied to the US embassy four times for non immigrant visa, the last time was about five years ago. What are my chances because I have been denied for four good times for non-immigration visa and now that my wife want to petition for me what are my chances ? And more so my names have changed from the former papers I used to apply for my non-immigrant visa with different date of birth, good enough my new passport carry my authentic names and date of birth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Well she should do it now, no reason to wait. Now that you are married you should not have any issues getting your visa. Unless you new birth date messes things up. How can your date of birth change? Did you use false information earlier then you guys might wanna hire a lawyer?!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

How is it possible that you used an incorrect birth date and name for four visa applications? Something's not right here. If they realize that you lied (or are lying) to immigration, you'll get a lifetime ban. In other words, yes, it could be a huge problem. Clarification, please?

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

The day and month of my birth are the same on my both passports but the new one carry the authentic year which is 1969 but I had 1968 on my former passport, the mistake came from the passport office then. But I have the original birth certificate that is from the government that tally with my new passport details.

Timeline

When you applied for the other previous visas, did you put your correct birth year on the applications?

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

It wasn't my fault I filled what was on the passport ,i mean filled the date of birth on the passport on my application form then and when the passport expired about five years ago i ensured that i have the authentic details on them and i have even travelled with the passport to some part of Europe to study and few months ago, the passport also expired and i just have it renew

Timeline

It wasn't my fault I filled what was on the passport ,i mean filled the date of birth on the passport on my application form then and when the passport expired about five years ago i ensured that i have the authentic details on them and i have even travelled with the passport to some part of Europe to study and few months ago, the passport also expired and i just have it renew

How is it not your fault? You should have gotten the problem fixed as soon as you realized it was the wrong year. The fact that you knowingly used the wrong birth date on several visa applications could definitely go against you. There was a Moroccan applicant a few months ago who lied about about a previous marriage on a tourist visa application, and was given a life ban at his CR-1 interview because the embassy found out about it. Lying in any way to immigration results in serious consequences, especially if it happened more than once.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

That was five years ago and I have had two passports after that incident

What difference does that make? We're talking about what you told the US, not what you told your home country.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

That was five years ago and I have had two passports after that incident

That doesn't erase it from the embassy's system! I'm not really sure what to advise you to do. I guess all that you really can do is apply and hope for the best, because there's no waiver you can apply for that would turn around a ban for lying to immigration authorities. I would definitely look into getting a lawyer, though.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

May be we should not start the petition, at all or what do you suggest? I am not desperate to relocate, more so we are looking at sometimes in January, 2015 to file the petition because I will still be busy with school till the end of November, 2014, so we are thinking January,2015 to file the petition.

Timeline

May be we should not start the petition, at all or what do you suggest? I am not desperate to relocate, more so we are looking at sometimes in January, 2015 to file the petition because I will still be busy with school till the end of November, 2014, so we are thinking January,2015 to file the petition.

This isn't a problem that is just going to expire. Whether you file tomorrow, or in five years, you're still going to have to deal with the fact that you lied to immigration multiple times. Whenever you plan on filing the petition, look into getting a lawyer.

Latest Dates

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hire a lawyer.

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.