earthwormgym

Interview- Tax transcripts needed!?!?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Interview this Tuesday, so been reading through UK embassy reviews, forums etc.

A lot of people talk about having spouse's tax returns!!!! I do not have these! DO I need to get them from wife beforehand?

(When we sent off original documents, my wife sent these I believe!)

Thanks!!

Hi all,

Interview this Tuesday, so been reading through UK embassy reviews, forums etc.

A lot of people talk about having spouse's tax returns!!!! I do not have these! DO I need to get them from wife beforehand?

(When we sent off original documents, my wife sent these I believe!)

Thanks!!

For a spouse visa, yes. It's a requirement of the I-864 Affidavit of Support. However your wife probably sent all that to NVC, so it will already be in your file at the embassy. You don't need to bring things already sent to NVC. If you were reading a K1's post, they provide income proof at the interview as well as their supporting documents like Marriott who commented above. It is different for a spouse visa. Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Tax returns or transcripts, yes, for wife or sponsor if applicable. If they were submitted at the NVC stage they should already have them at the interview (though it can't hurt to bring this 2012's if that's not what she submitted, as tax time has just passed again). Double check that your wife sent them. We got through the NVC ok, having not sent our sponsor's transcripts and thought we didn't have to provide them because they hadn't mentioned it. We didn't bring them to the interview and then were held up for a few weeks after because of it.

This is the one thing that's confused me..My hubby sent the I-864ez including his 2012 tax return and it says that the financial evidence he submitted was accepted. His circumstances haven't changed since he sent them. I am although unsure whether I should take a copy of the I-864ez and his federal tax return? I suppose it can't hurt though? I just wish the interview email letter they send you wasn't so generic because it just makes one worry that they need stuff when they don't.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.