Cmptrsdeal

Nurse Graduate from Philippines...What Next?

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

1. Go to the Board of Nursing website for the state you want to get licensed in. Check out the licensing requirements for foreign nurses. The states vary in their requirements.

2. If you want to get licensed in one state and then endorse to another state, check out the second state's endorsement requirements before you get licensed in the first state.

3. California requires an Social Security number in order for an licensing application to be accepted. They also have some requirements for clinicals.

4. I've never heard of a BS Nursing from the Philippines not being accepted by any state - with the exception of California (problems with the clinicals).

i agree.

Timeline

is she a nursing graduate or she passed the NLE(nurse licensure exam) already?

is she a nursing graduate or she passed the NLE(nurse licensure exam) already?

It depends on which state you guys are planning to reside in. in Ca she needs a refresher course.

Yea, she's a nursing graduate and we are going to be living in Ohio.

Timeline

i would suggest just like everyone else here to call the BON and ask for requirements, it depends though if she got the subjects that the nursing school in ohio has. if not her subjects in PI will not be credited. it depends on their curriculum. Tell her not to take local exam in PI, it will be useless when she gets to america.

I told my fiancee not to take local exam because when she gets here she will not be needing it

~Our Story~

Early 2009: Met through a website called Friendster

12-15-2009: Became Lovers

04-02-2013: Went to the Philippines to be with Jen and i proposed to her for marriage

-We spent 11 unforgettable days together, went to Cebu and Bohol-

K1 Journey

6-11-13 I-129f Packet sent

6-14-13 USCIS received the application

6-18-13 Received text from USCIS with receipt number WACxxxxxxxxxx

6-20-13 Alien Registration number changed

6-24-13 NOA1 Hard Copy

~Ray and Jen~

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

She graduated with a Bachelor Degree in nursing at Surigao Education Center... I've tried looking this up and I have no idea who exactly I need to contact to see if that school is accredited... :-( .I thought I could look up the school and see if others have been able to go for the NCLEX with no other extra school, but I can't find anything... :-( I mean is this something I can call here in Ohio and find out right away or will I have to pay money and wait a long time to get answers? Thank you!

This is her curriculum that she completed.. Thnx again

AHPC 11 BIOLOGY
AHPC 12 AANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY
AHPC 14 HEALTH ETHICS
AHPC 15 hEALTH CARE 1
AHPC 18 HEALTH CARE2
NUPC 23 PHARMACOLOGY
nUPC 24 STRATEGIES OF HEALTH EDUCATION
NCM 100 FOUNDATION OF NURSING
NUPC 101 MICROBIOLOGY AND PARASITOLOGY
NCM 101 PROMOTIVE AND PREVENTIVE NURSING CARE MANAGEMENT
NCM 102 CURATIVE AND PREVENTIVE NURSING CARE MANAGEMENT
NCM 103 NURSING CARE MANAGEMENT ACROSS LIFESPAN
NCM 104 CURATIVE AND REHABILITAITVE NURSING CARE ANAGEMENT
NCM 105 NURSING MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP
AHPC 9 BIOCHEMISTRY

Edited by Cmptrsdeal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

during my time about 6-7 years ago, I did CGFNS CVS verifcation and TOEFL which I had initiated while still in Nigeria. I came in Mid Sept 2006 and took my NCLEX in Oct 2006( My ATT was granted around Augwhile still in Nigeria). The best thing is visit the BON site where she intends to practic and know their requirements. If it is too complicated then look for another state where she can get ATT to the exam with her current education and then get endorsed by the second state.

Note: My state of practice is NY

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.