snowf1ake

No tracking status for passport return ~ really worried!

17 posts in this topic

I had my interview on Tuesday and was really happy to be approved but its still not showing on the DX tracking website. Two other ladies who were there on the same day in the queue behind me for the same visa type have both had their tracking details show up and will have their passports delivered on Monday. I called the Scottish number for the consulate and they told me the visa had been approved and issued. My husband called the department of state and was told the visa was issued on Wednesday. The CEAC status website says 'issued' but still when i enter the tracking no and my postcode, the DX tracking says "Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again". We called the DX courier and they told us that they had not received the passport from the consulate yet.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm getting really worried as this process has been full of issues and my husband and I are just about at the end of our wits now.

Any advice would be really appreciated

Andrea

It's possible they had some kind of hiccup with your tracking number, but it will get delivered Monday anyway. I would keep calling the courier, ask for a supervisor, and keep at them to investigate where your parcel is since your visa was issued Wednesday. We had problems in 2008 when the computers were down and didn't even get a proper tracking number. They were able to find it by delivery address.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Thanks Nich Nick, I pray you are right. It's so hard to keep positive when you go through this process and your life is in their hands. I hope my passport didn't fall between the crack of someone's desks. The weekends are hard because you know nothing is happening.

Not sure if it helps but in my case status changed to Issued on May 13th but tracking ref only showed up on May 15th (in the morning and got my text message in the afternoon) for the delivery on 16th. I hope your ref will come up ok on Monday! yes.gif

It is not where I breathe but where I love that I live.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my interview on Tuesday and was really happy to be approved but its still not showing on the DX tracking website. Two other ladies who were there on the same day in the queue behind me for the same visa type have both had their tracking details show up and will have their passports delivered on Monday. I called the Scottish number for the consulate and they told me the visa had been approved and issued. My husband called the department of state and was told the visa was issued on Wednesday. The CEAC status website says 'issued' but still when i enter the tracking no and my postcode, the DX tracking says "Sorry, this combination of tracking number and postcode do not correspond with our records. Please check and try again". We called the DX courier and they told us that they had not received the passport from the consulate yet.

Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm getting really worried as this process has been full of issues and my husband and I are just about at the end of our wits now.

Any advice would be really appreciated

Andrea

Hi Andrea, We had the same message don't worry too much its either because the Embassy hasn't sent it to DX yet or DX hasn't processed it for delivery. We had to wait about 5 days before we were able to track our Visas. I know of at least two others that had the same message around the time we were waiting for ours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Andrea,

I am in exactly the same situation at the moment - CEAC website says issued since Tuesday and the DX secure website does not recognise my tracking number.

I called the embassy, but their call centre is not able to help any further, while DX just refers to the documents not being received.

Did you finally get your passport?

Would be great to hear from you.

Many thanks in advance.

Hi,

We managed to get through the weekend but by lunchtime on the Monday it still wasn't tracking. We were getting desperate so I called the Glasgow number again and they refused to even look at the notes on the file. Then I called the DX Couriers and they said it wasn't tracking so I did as Nich-Nick suggested and insisted on speaking to a supervisor, the man said he would have to get the supervisor to call me back as he can't put me through. By this time, my husband's Texan started coming out in spades and he decided to call the embassy on 0207 499 9000 and see if he could get some information. The woman was sympathetic and checked the system and confirmed that the visa had been issued and everything was complete from their side. Then she asked if we would like her to check with the courier and she got someone else on the line (from the courier company) and hey presto - they had just been handed my passport and it was going to be delivered the next morning.

So, I'm not sure if it was merely coincidence but I'm very skeptical, I think the calls we made helped. I know exactly how you feel, don't despair, do this in the morning and see if you can get some traction.

Hope this helps.

Andrea x

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

'being Texan' is useful. Yes, I speak from experience.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Texas. Hell yeah! cowgirl-3457.gif

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

• 2 years later...

Hello can you please tell me how long it took for ur husband to pick up his visa ? im on the same boat he was on

This thread is for the London embassy. Are you also being handled by the London embassy? Your country shows Morocco but maybe that's an error.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

this is slightly worrying! Was it sorted?

I had my interview yesterday - how will I get my tracking number?!

I am the beneficiary originally from UK !!

ROC Timeline:

01.04.19: I-751 Received @ Phoenix

01.09.19: Check Cashed

02.13.19: NOA Received

04.30.19: Biometrics Completed

this is slightly worrying! Was it sorted?

I had my interview yesterday - how will I get my tracking number?!

It's an old thread from 2013 that was resurrected. They probably have sorted their issues out now. But incidentally, when I changed my name in my passport at the beginning of last year the passport office sent it back with DX and the depot in Southampton couldn't find it. I was panicking because I was due to go away on business and DX seemed very nonchalant about the whole thing. After 8 phone calls it was finally delivered the evening before I was due to leave on the work trip. I'm not risking DX again. I'm going to go to the embassy and pick mine up.

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.