Marilyn.

Bees Again!!

57 posts in this topic

Well if you have tried to call her and the number has changed you can always say you held off paying as you needed her to contact you. then ask her to take care of it.

It is not a good situation if they are in the walls, and I think you need a professional to come and move them.

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

the number didn't change I just used the wrong area code :blush:

we live in a garage that has been converted into a suite and she lives in the house.... but she isn't home right now anyways...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Aaah, well thats different. Slip her a note under her door or in her mailbox and tell her your really need to discuss this problem, which if she lives in the house could ultimately affect her too......unless of course she likes the bees!!

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

To Bee or Not To Bee, that is the QQQQuestion" :hehe:

OK, that was an easy one :whistle:

Sometimes I think I know everything, and I regain consciousness. Seen it all, done it all, forgot most of it....

So much plenitude, yet so much emptiness

everest-summit.jpg

The Journey, Part I: I-129F (K-3)

I 129F sent to Chicago 11/14/05

NOA1 12/14/05, received by snail mail 12/23/05

NOA2 01/17/06, received by snail mail 01/20/05

Received Packet "3" 02/17/06

Medicals done in Nairobi 03/22/06

VISA APPROVED in Nairobi 03/30/06

Husband arrives ni USA!

The Journey, Part II: EAD and AOS

EAD mailed to Chicago 05/17/06

horserun.gif

Timeline

ok, I tried the fire thing but it wasn't working.. doesn't help that I have no wood to burn only cardboard and I was worried about things floating around so I am in the process of trying to smoke them out :whistle:

hubby said he would talk to the landlady...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

well, the fire/smoke thing didn't work... hubby is hopefully going to talk to the landlady tomorrow...

I was doing some reading and it says it is easier to get rid of them with in a few days of them moving in... hopefully the landlady does something soon....

today I am hearing a strange noise coming from where the bees are camped out in the walls.... :huh: .. it sounds like a little mini drill or something... :o:wacko::unsure:

I was aslo reading that they can eat through drywall :o:wacko::(

right now I just want out of this place :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well hopefully the women will take care of the bee's for you.

PEGGY & ROGER

3dflagsdotcom_canad_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

K-1/K-2 VISA'S APPROVED IN MONTREAL MAY 2, 2005

K-1/K-2 AOS APPROVED IN ATLANTA MAY 17, 2006

10 year GC Approved - APRIL 16th ,2009 - Peggy and Jonathan's......

Still waiting for our cards...Had to file I-90 as they sent them to the wrong address.

March 9th, 2010, Received GC that has been lost in the mail for 10 months. Still waiting for my son's that is lost as well.

Filed Waiver for my son's 10 year GC and it was approved. He finally received his GC after its been missing for 2 years.

Thanking God this is over for 10 years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
well, the fire/smoke thing didn't work... hubby is hopefully going to talk to the landlady tomorrow...

I was doing some reading and it says it is easier to get rid of them with in a few days of them moving in... hopefully the landlady does something soon....

today I am hearing a strange noise coming from where the bees are camped out in the walls.... :huh: .. it sounds like a little mini drill or something... :o:wacko::unsure:

Marilyn... bless your heart!!! i surely hope that they can't eat through drywall... i was looking for an update... let me know what happens!!! and BE CAREFUL! i don't like bee stings... OUCHIES!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Timeline

Marilyn... bless your heart!!! i surely hope that they can't eat through drywall... i was looking for an update... let me know what happens!!! and BE CAREFUL! i don't like bee stings... OUCHIES!

they will find a way into your home if forced to

A honey bee colony in a house wall can cause major problems. The bees can chew through the wall and fly inside. Their storage of large amounts of honey invites other bees and wasps. Their detritus (e.g., dead bees, shedded larval skins, wax caps from combs and other material) attracts beetles and moths.

http://www.greensmiths.com/bees.htm

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I honestly don't understand why people are so scared of bees... yes they sting but not unless you do something to seriously provoke them, like standing on them! Bees are very good for the environment - they pollinate flowers and help plants grow and make honey and generally mind their own business. Now wasps are another matter... (also, where there is a bee hive or a lot of bees there will NOT be a lot of wasps because the bees are using the food.) The only reason I can find to be scared of bees is if you KNOW you are allergic to them. Otherwise they're not a big deal...

I used to walk past a bee's hive on the way to the store - they were nesting in a hollow tree, and there was a continual stream of bees flying in and out, but they never hurt me.

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I was a kid I stepped in a nest of wasps. Since then I am terrified of them. Bees aren't as bad, but they do vaguely resemble wasps so they do provide anxiety as well.

Timeline
I honestly don't understand why people are so scared of bees... yes they sting but not unless you do something to seriously provoke them, like standing on them! Bees are very good for the environment - they pollinate flowers and help plants grow and make honey and generally mind their own business. Now wasps are another matter... (also, where there is a bee hive or a lot of bees there will NOT be a lot of wasps because the bees are using the food.) The only reason I can find to be scared of bees is if you KNOW you are allergic to them. Otherwise they're not a big deal...

I used to walk past a bee's hive on the way to the store - they were nesting in a hollow tree, and there was a continual stream of bees flying in and out, but they never hurt me.

I got stung once by the bees a few months back... I did nothing to provoke them.. I was just trying to walk to our car :unsure: ..... and right now we are not talking about a few bees here but a whole swarm and we have to walk right through them.. no other way around them... and they are living in the walls of our place

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Call an exterminator then... they can put poison into the wallspace to kill the bees off - sadly there isn't any way to move a hive inside the wallspace without killing the bees :( And make sure that any and all entrances into the wallspace are blocked off so that they can't come back...

Karen - Melbourne, Australia/John - Florida, USA

- Proposal (20 August 2000) to marriage (19 December 2004) - 4 years, 3 months, 25 days (1,578 days)

STAGE 1 - Applying for K1 (15 September 2003) to K1 Approval (13 July 2004) - 9 months, 29 days (303 days)

STAGE 2A - Arriving in US (4 Nov 2004) to AOS Application (16 April 2005) - 5 months, 13 days (164 days)

STAGE 2B - Applying for AOS to GC Approval - 9 months, 4 days (279 days)

STAGE 3 - Lifting Conditions. Filing (19 Dec 2007) to Approval (December 11 2008)

STAGE 4 - CITIZENSHIP (filing under 5-year rule - residency start date on green card Jan 11th, 2006)

*N400 filed December 15, 2011

*Interview March 12, 2012

*Oath Ceremony March 23, 2012.

ALL DONE!!!!!!!!

Timeline

hubby talked to the landlady last night and she is going to call someone to come and take care of it....

that is what happened last time.. they got rid of the bees but didn't do anything about the holes :unsure:

Edited by MarilynP
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Bee Update...

We still have bees but there don't seem to be as many in the walls as there were at first... I don't hear the buzzing much..... there are still quite a few bees flying around our walkway during the day though.... maybe they moved thier nest out of the walls....

I think someone came today to check it out but they didn't stay long :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif