RCKM

k-1 Processing

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just wanna ask regrading the k-1 processing.. i am a filipino and currently living in the Philippines but I might be flying to germany soon for a job. and my fiancee is about to petition me for k-1. so my question would be if he can still petition me if i am already in Germany? and can i continue on processing even if im already in Germany? so when i am done with my contract i can just have my fiancee visa and fly to US..

please let me know if you have any idea about it.. thank you

Timeline

start the petition now and inform NVC of your change of address once the NOA2 arrives

how long it will take before i will receive the NOA2? because me and my bf are still going to meet on the lastweek of May. and he plans to start the petition after that.

Timeline

i know your fiance can still petition you if you are working outside PI. like other filipinas who were working in other countries say in middle east.. but their case were forwarded to Manila embassy.but for some, they requested to have the case forwarded to the nearest Philippine consulate in their place and had interview there.. but ofcourse there are paper works you need to get done in Philippines

I just wanna ask regrading the k-1 processing.. i am a filipino and currently living in the Philippines but I might be flying to germany soon for a job. and my fiancee is about to petition me for k-1. so my question would be if he can still petition me if i am already in Germany? and can i continue on processing even if im already in Germany? so when i am done with my contract i can just have my fiancee visa and fly to US..

please let me know if you have any idea about it.. thank you

^^^ Yes, yes, and yes.

You can interview at the U.S. Embassy in Germany and then fly to the U.S.

If you fly to the U.S. from Germany, you won't need a CFO sticker!idea9dv.gif

Timeline

my contract will just be 1 year.

humm that sounds a bit longer. you might receive your NOA2 before 1 year.. some got NOA2s in like almost 5months or 6 months and 9months the longest.. or 1 year for those who have a problem with their case.. then once you have NOA2, your approved I129F is good for 4months. in those 4 months you should be able to have medical and interview done.. then if you have visa on hand.. it is valid up to 6months.. some got 3months for some reasons but normally it is up to 6months..then you should be in the US already.. then have 90days to get married in the US.

i think the perfect timing should also be considered here.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

how long it will take before i will receive the NOA2? because me and my bf are still going to meet on the lastweek of May. and he plans to start the petition after that.

about 7 months

if you have already met within the past 2 , why the wait to start the K1 application?

Timeline

about 7 months

if you have already met within the past 2 , why the wait to start the K1 application?

yes we already meet and this will be our second time soon.. we are just thinking we need more proof like engagement and etc ..

is still 7 mos. even if he works as military?

Timeline

^^^ Yes, yes, and yes.

You can interview at the U.S. Embassy in Germany and then fly to the U.S.

If you fly to the U.S. from Germany, you won't need a CFO sticker!idea9dv.gif

thank you :-) but are we gonna start the petition when im still here or when im already in Germany?

Timeline

thank you :-) but are we gonna start the petition when im still here or when im already in Germany?

It makes no difference. When your fiancé fills up the petition, there's a place on one of the forms where he can choose the U.S. Embassy where you will interview. I think the form is the I-129F.

It makes no difference. When your fiancé fills up the petition, there's a place on one of the forms where he can choose the U.S. Embassy where you will interview. I think the form is the I-129F.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.