MiniMouse

What´s next? DS-3032 OPT-IN? IV case paid

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello,

we already paid IV case.

In the timeline here I saw "Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill". We did not received that yet. Is that normal?

Since we paid IV case are we going to receive a package now or did I misunderstand that?

Here I also read that I (foreign spouse) need to send DS 3032 to NVC via email. Is that necessary? Can NVC mail me things since I am the beneficiary or do they need to be send to the US to my husband? What if I don´t send this form? I also read something about OPT-IN. Can anybody explain what that is?

Sorry but I am really confused...

I already have all required documents together that need to be sent to NVC in the next time but I don´t really understand when or if I have to wait for the NVC´s next move since we just paid the IV case.

Please help :)

event.png

event.png

You should have already paid the AOS bill and have sent the DS-3032 to receive the IV bill. Go here and read everything in the first two pages including the links unless it has to do with electronic processing - that is not available for Germany. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422214-nvc-filers-april-2013/

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

I also think you may have paid the AOS bill NOT the IV bill. if it was $88 it was the AOS bill so then the petitioner can send the AOS package. Without the sending or the DS-3032 you will not receive the IV bill.

Really read that link!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

We paid 88$ and received a payment receipt for IV case.

I read these links already but that confused me even more.

Why should my husband receive the packages? am I not the one to receive them Because it´s my stuff that they need.

And where do I get the barcode from to add into the DS3032 form? Do I need to email this form or rather just an email with all of our information as mentioned in one of the links?

event.png

event.png

Okay, what has been paid is the AOS bill. That means the petitioner can print out the bar coded cover sheet (on the AOS bill reciept page) and send the AOS package which includes a completed I-864 and all required documents. I-864 - http://www.uscis.gov/i-864

No one waits for forms or packages. You should download them yourself from the NVC or USCIS. If you wait for the forms to be sent to you they will take MONTHS to reach you if they ever are sent.

The beneficiary should use the email format of the DS-3032 and send it ASAP. Without the DS-3032 the IV bill will not be invoiced. You do not need to name the USC as the choice of agent (the beneficiary must still sign the DS-230) but if anything is sent by mail, it is better for it to be sent to the USC address in the USA vs overseas.

Here is a link to the email format DS-3032 for the beneficiary to email. It doesn't require a bar code.

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Email_DS-3032_form

They will send emails to BOTH of you. Don't worry about that part. But do the DS-3032 ASAP!

After you send that, download the DS-230 and complete it. Sign part 1 but do not sign part two. Follow the instructions both from the website and from here: http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/DS-230 on how to complete the package to send to the NVC once you have paid the $230 IV invoice and printed the bar coded cover sheet.

DS-230 - http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

DS-230 info: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

Make sure you include all the required documents (this time you send originals plus a photocopy), 2 US sized passport pictures, a photocopy of the biographical page of your passport and your original police certificates.

Edited by NikiR

Do not worry about OPTIN or what it says in my signature. I am in Canada and have both Electronic Processing and Online forms. You do not. You complete the DS-3032 and the DS-230.

Timeline

Thank you so much for your fast answer!!!!

Huh, our receipt really said IV case. Anyways...

In the forms here a barcode is required too. It says it at the top of the page. I will just print it out and glue it on the paper somehow :)

I already have all required documents incl. the DS-230. Also the cover sheet.

As soon as my husband sends me the i864 I am good to go, right?

Didn´t see that you have the OPTIN as well. I read it on some of the instruction pages here and was confused :D

event.png

event.png

No you do not need the barcode for the DS-3032. They email you one that you can print, complete and mail, but you can follow the instructions and just use that email template that I linked to you. It is faster.

You do need the barcode for the IV (Immigrant Visa)

You do need the barcode for the AOS (Affidavit of Support)

They each have their own barcode page that you can print after you've paid the invoice.

The IV bill will not be invoiced until you have sent the DS-3032 and it is accepted. Do not send it before you have paid the bill and have the IV bar code cover sheet.

I am not talking about the cover letter that you write yourself but the bar code cover sheet which is generated after you pay the invoices.

The IV bill is $230. The AOS bill is $88. Both show up on the IV payment portal, but it is the AOS bill that was paid. It is related to that IV case (aka the NVC case number) but it is not the IV invoice or bill.

I just want to make sure you get it all in the right order and don't have checklists (the NVC version of an RFE.)

Edited by NikiR

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if the IV fee bill showed up to be paid without any DS-3032 action,

is very possible a G-28 was submitted with the I-130.

Please confirm/deny. Thanks in advance !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

if in the same minute, then there is huge chance a G-28 was filed with the I-130.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Oh you mean they have a lawyer....

Edited by NikiR

Timeline

get both emails = get 1 AOS FEE BILL email, get 1 IV FEE BILL email.

Please get on a PC, and study the flowchart at

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/How_to_bring_your_foreign_spouse_to_live_in_the_US

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.