29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

With the slew of recent approvals, has there been anyone who has received their NVC case number yet? I was approved about a week ago. Should I start calling them, maybe this Friday or so?

I'm excited beyond belief!!

It can take at least a week or two for the NVC to receive your case. Start calling them anytime. Call them every day until they give you your MNL case number.

Once you get your MNL case number, you can get rolling on paying the visa application fee at BPI, scheduling the interview appointment, and completing the medical.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

With the slew of recent approvals, has there been anyone who has received their NVC case number yet? I was approved about a week ago. Should I start calling them, maybe this Friday or so?

I'm excited beyond belief!!

Bayareaguy got his already.

Timeline

It can take at least a week or two for the NVC to receive your case. Start calling them anytime. Call them every day until they give you your MNL case number.

Once you get your MNL case number, you can get rolling on paying the visa application fee at BPI, scheduling the interview appointment, and completing the medical.

I called today for the 1st time. They said it takes 15 business days to get there. I'll call again later this week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

what if I don't call them? Will I receive the number eventually in one of the packets? Do people call nvc in order to obtain the number only because it speeds things up for them or it's mandatory part of a process? Also, do you guys know whether my son has to go with me to the inteview at the embassy? He was born in the US, has dual citizenship, US passport and was listed on the petition but not as a beneficiary. Thanks.

NOA1 - 2012/08/22

240 days later - day of my dreams - NOA2 2013/04/19

Call them every day.

^^^. This!

what if I don't call them? Will I receive the number eventually in one of the packets? Do people call nvc in order to obtain the number only because it speeds things up for them or it's mandatory part of a process? Also, do you guys know whether my son has to go with me to the inteview at the embassy? He was born in the US, has dual citizenship, US passport and was listed on the petition but not as a beneficiary. Thanks.

^^^. I don't know how they do things at the U.S. Embassy in Poland.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Call them EVERYDAY until you get your NVC case number. Don't sit on your hands. Once you get your "MNL" number you are now in the "driver's seat" for a change. You have real control over how long this process can take from this point on. Time was a factor for us, so we're not playing around. We waited 7.5 months for the freaking NOA2 and now it's time to rock and roll! lol Once you get your NVC case number, that says two things: One-NVC received your packet from USCIS. The processing takes like 2 to 3 days and then off to the US Embassy. Second-you can NOW begin timing things regarding your visa interview, when to take the medical and so forth. YOU now have control. We received NOA2 on April 19th. Got our NVC case number on the 29th and are scheduled to interview in Manila on the 16th of May. NBI clearance, NSO, CENOMAR and medical will all be done of course by then. We'll attend CFO seminar after the interview (when she gets her passport back), get the stamp, then head home, hopefully by the end of May. That's OUR plan! Good luck guys!

Call them EVERYDAY until you get your NVC case number. Don't sit on your hands. Once you get your "MNL" number you are now in the "driver's seat" for a change. You have real control over how long this process can take from this point on. Time was a factor for us, so we're not playing around. We waited 7.5 months for the freaking NOA2 and now it's time to rock and roll! lol Once you get your NVC case number, that says two things: One-NVC received your packet from USCIS. The processing takes like 2 to 3 days and then off to the US Embassy. Second-you can NOW begin timing things regarding your visa interview, when to take the medical and so forth. YOU now have control. We received NOA2 on April 19th. Got our NVC case number on the 29th and are scheduled to interview in Manila on the 16th of May. NBI clearance, NSO, CENOMAR and medical will all be done of course by then. We'll attend CFO seminar after the interview (when she gets her passport back), get the stamp, then head home, hopefully by the end of May. That's OUR plan! Good luck guys!

^^^ Bravo! That's how you get things done!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Am I understanding this correct, once you get the MNL # you can schedule the interview with the embassy even though they may have not yet received it or maybe not had time to process it or send out the packet yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

im not at this part yet, and im sure i have a little ways to go. but once i do get there any tips on getting an interview date as soon as you did? and congrats on your journey so far!!

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Juarez, Mexico

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-03

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-06-10

NVC Received : 2013-06-25

NVC Left : 2013-06-25

Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-09

Interview Date : 2013-07-18

Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2013-07-25

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Salt Lake City UT

Date Filed : 2014-07-15

NOA Date : 2014-07-17

Maresa & Conor

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.