notusinganymore

Medical to interview

10 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on the K1 Instruction sent to the applicants by the embassy, medical must be taken at least a week, but if it were me, I'd schedue it 2-3 weeks ahead of time just to be on the safe side.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION. All K1 and K2 visa applicants must complete a medical examination at St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) at least a week before the interview appointment. Prior to their visit, applicants are also encouraged to register online with SLMCEC at their website: www.slec.ph. Registering online will save processing time and make the visit to SLMCEC faster and more efficient.

Edited by JobienJeck

Our Journey:
11/08/12: NOA1

05/13/13: RFE Hardcopy (Request to send in a legible copy of Annulment Decree)
05/31/13: 2nd RFE Hardcopy (Request to send Intent to Marry Letter)
06/25/13: NOA2

09/02/13: Medical
09/10/13: Personal Evaluation (due to psychological incapacity reason for Annulment)

09/10-12/13: Sputum/Culture Test

09/17/13: PEPS Test (Psychological Evaluation) at EDSA, QC

11/07/13: Culture Results - Negative (Thank God!)

11/13/13: Medical Completed

11/19/13: Embassy Interview - (APPROVED)

12/02/13: VISA Received

12/03/13: CFO Seminar and Registration Completed

12/11/13: Arrived in SFO

02/11/14: Got married

AOS

03/08/14: Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago Lockbox via UPS

03/17/14: NOA1

03/27/14: Check cashed-in, text/email notification received

03/31/14: Received NOA1 Hardcopy

04/04/14: Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

04/21/14: Biometrics done at San Jose

05/09/14: I485 status changed to Testing and Interview (Interview set for June 11)

05/12/14: Received hardcopy of Interview Schedule

05/22/14: EAD Card in Production

05/28/14: Received USPS Tracking number

05/31/14: EAD card delivered
06/11/14: AOS Interview at USCIS San Jose

06/11/14: Case Status changed to Card/Document in Production

06/20/14 GREEN CARD RECEIVED (ALAS!)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Based on the K1 Instruction sent to the applicants by the embassy, medical must be taken at least a week, but if it were me, I'd schedue it 2-3 weeks ahead of time just to be on the safe side.

MEDICAL EXAMINATION. All K1 and K2 visa applicants must complete a medical examination at St. Luke’s Medical Center Extension Clinic (SLMCEC) at least a week before the interview appointment. Prior to their visit, applicants are also encouraged to register online with SLMCEC at their website: www.slec.ph. Registering online will save processing time and make the visit to SLMCEC faster and more efficient.

Thanks for that :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I would say you take the med.exam at slec as early as possible because if they see something suspicious in your lungs (xray results) they will hold you 2 mos. to have you undergo a treatment. That's a lot of time to wait. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Country specific issue moved to regional forums so the OP gets correct answers from others in that country.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

How many days was in between your scheduled interview and 2 day medical? Can you suggest when I should take my medical if my interview is on June 28, 2013?

Thank you! smile.png

We allowed a week between the medical and the interview, the embassy recommends 5 -7 days (bottom link)

St. Luke's:

(GUYS if you are in the Phils with your Fiancee before the medical NO contact until AFTER St. Luke's is completed - as in KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS)

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

Have copies of passport bio page, confirmation page from scheduling interview online at embassy (or if the embassy mails a confirmation letter bring a copy of that) (NVC Instructions Letter is for IR/CR-1 visa), and of course the 2X2 photos. (copy of annulment is asked for at times)

PREREGISTER at St. Luke's website, it saves time when you arrive. http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Information from the embassy about the medical: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3218.html

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

The timing is crucial as to when you will have your period. They won't let you have the physical examination if you have your period. You will be told to come back after a week when your period is over. So bear that in mind.

KEEP IT IN YOUR PANTS

^^^ Guys...heed this warning if you don't want your sweetheart to wait to complete her medical until after her next period! whistling.gif

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you all. I have been thinking of doing it for 2 weeks before because of the xray thing but I just don't want to waste so much time in Manila. I never am comfortable in that city but I know sacrifices are to be made :( I'm really sure that I don't have TB as my boyfriend had his Mantoux test in the US some time after seeing me. However, it still won't be enough reason to say I didn't get lung scarring from other diseases like pneumonia. Haaaaaaay. I'm just praying and keeping my self healthy now for no further delays :)

Haha! I think I am pretty much regular and other than that me and my bf agreed to meet once the visa is on hand as to spend less :D But seriously guys and girls, Heed the warning ;)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

One week is plenty of time. They simply want to make sure they have the results of the medical in time. Most medical results are shipped to embassy in 3 days or less. This was told to me by an employee of the embassy.

Product-500.jpg

phsmall.gif

Vermont Service Center

I-129F Sent : 05-07-08

I-129F NOA1 : 05-15-08

Touched : 06-26-08

NOA2 : 08/29/08

ApprovaL NVC sent:09/01/08

Arrived @ NCV :09/03/08

called NVC 09/04/08 received case #*

NOA2 hard copy in mail Sept. 6, 2008

LetteR from NVC: Sept. 8, 2008

Left NVC : Sept. 24, 2008 > Arrived Sept. 29th

Medical Oct. : 7/13/2008 passed!

Interview date: Oct. 20,2008 7am ***APPROVED***

Visa delivery : Oct. 23,2008

Arrival in USA : oCt. 29 ,2008 POE Houston, Tx.

Life is good !!

<

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.