tilltill

Visa Waiver and me being an idiot :/

88 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Take with you all the evidence you mentioned about why you MUST return. It should help although it may be too soon after your "offense" to be allowed a visa. Trying never hurts.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You only have the fee at risk.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

They, the Scottish Call Center, can not tell you that.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

I used a date calculator, I overstayed by 174 days. Wow, that was cutting it fine!!!

It is really irrelevant at this point - unfortunately. Overstay over 180 days and ban would mean you would be denied immigrant visa if you had applied for one. B-2 - although you theoretically don't have a ban - with previous overstay and obvious potential intent to immigrate - will be denied almost for sure - no hurt in trying though (other than spending money).

You either need to bring husband here, or your husband need to apply for spousal visa for you. Unlikely you will be going to US anytime soon.

Filed: Timeline
kzielu Thanks for the advice. My husband IS here in the Uk. We have been here near on a year now. Im only going (by myself) to introduce our daughter to his family. He will be staying here and working. I have ZERO "obvious potention intent to immigrate". Im sorry if I did not make that clear enough. The states is great but theres no way Id live there permanently. Our lives are here.

And to anyone else who has given me advice, thank you! I called the embassy at 8am and they agreed I need the B2 visa and that it wasnt impossible and that there IS a chance I could be granted one, should the officer on the day be satisified. I said to him "well Ive been getting answers in a forum......" and he just laughed at me. Think I'll leave mentioing forums again haha

Timeline

The Embassy does not deal with Visa's.

These are handled by the Consulate.

You can not call the Consulate, you can call the Call Center in Scotland.

Affectionately known here as the Misinformation Line. However as they said the same thing people here have been telling you, not in this case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

@

NigeriaorBust Thank you for your reply. I dont think im going to worry too much about convincing them I wont overstay, I can give them any tiny piece of info they need. I do have a return booked obviously. The B2 wait time is currently 1 day for London, so will get down there before the week is out. Alls I can do is apologise and be as honest as I can with them. Im sure honesty will go a long way smile.png

I do certainly wish you the best of luck! Make sure you take as much evidence of your ties to the UK as possible. Lease/mortgage and all of that. A letter from your husbands work or something showing your lives is there.

The chance of approval is low. They tend not to give you a chance to show evidence but I hope they do.

Good luck!

Timeline

The Consulate is in the same complex in London, not sure what happens when they move.

Not always the case.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Edited by Peter_Pan

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Right so after all you kind replies, advice and comments. I am 100% aware that what I did was wrong with the overstay. I understand I cannot go back on a Visa waiver. I understand that to go back again I need a B2 tourist visa. So at the interview I imagine I will need to explain the overstay. Which I will. I will bring documented evidence to back up that it was most definitely not intentional. They will want me to provide proof of solid ties to the UK. I can have mountains of evidence of that. So.... after meeting all their requirements, why, would it still be" unlikely" that it would be granted?? The overstay? But hang on.... isnt the point of applying for B2 becuase I cant use the VWP? BECAUSE OF THE OVERSTAY?? Im not trying to be funny by putting this.... but what really be the point of the London US Embassy website, and customer service adviser advising me to get a B2, if theyre just going to decline it? For my money? That genuinley baffles me????? :/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.