sba.rsa

Where is Thread on Obtaining Indian Police Certificate

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi sba.rsa,

Are you located in India as of now?

Which all places have you been resided till now in india?

Could you please share checklist that nvc forwarded you for police clearance certificate?

Have you already got your police clearance certi?

If yes from where?

I am in USA, my Hubby is the one who is getting Visa, and he is still in India.

The "checklist" was a letter from NVC stating that they need police certificate for the IV package. It wasn't a checklist per se, it was a letter.

My Hubby got Police Certificate from his town, he is now in the process of getting it from Chandigarh (sometimes the crowds are quite busy!)

szds5u62r.png

SANJOG - Marriage Made in Heaven
09/28/2012: Married the love of my life in a traditional Hindu ceremony - Saat Phere
10/01/2012: Court Marriage

USCIS
10/22/2012: Submitted I-130
10/24/2012: USCIS Notice of Action Received Date
10/24/2012: USCIS Notice of Action Priority Date
10/25/2012: I-797C, Notice of Action Notice Date
10/26/2012: USCIS texted/emailed me that they received I-130
02/25/2013: USCIS website says I-130 is approved

NVC
03/15/2013: Received NVC Case Number
03/15/2013: Received Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice
03/29/2013: Mailed Choice of Address and Agent to NVC
03/29/2013: Made $88 AOS fee payment
04/11/2013: AOS fee status "PAID"
04/13/2013: Made $230 IV fee payment
04/14/2013: FedEX'd the AOS package
04/19/2013: IV fee status "PAID"

05/08/2013: FedEX'd the IV package (said lots of prayers while preparing the documentation!!!)

05/22/2013: NVC gave checklist to send Indian Police Certificate

06/23/2013: FedED'd the IV package with Indian Police Certificate and Updated Passport Page (I was added as Spouse)

07/25/2013: Case Complete

Embassy

07/31/2013: Received Interview Date for 09/19/2013

09/10/2013: Husband did Medical

09/19/2013: Interview Date for US Embassy in New Delhi - OM SAI RAM - ***APPROVED***

09/26/2013: Husband received Passport with US Visa in postal mail

***USA***

10/10/2013: Flight Departs New Delhi

10/11/2013: Flight Arrives USA

10/24/2013: Husband received Social Security Card

11/13/2013: Paid $165 Immigration Fee

12/09/2013: Husband received Green Card

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I will try my level best to give you as much information as i can to make this clear. I know it looks like very complicated process to obtain PCC from india but its not. Its very easy as long as you follow the right process.

If the person obtaining the PCC has lived in multiple states/towns, he/she does not have to obtain the PCC from every state/town. You only need to get the PCC from the current state you are living in. (I lived in 5 different states but only had to get the PCC from the state i was residing at that time).

Just go to the nearest Regional Passport Office and ask them what is the procedure to get PCC.

In some states, they require you to have some sort of proof that you really need PCC. I am from Gujarat and i know there they do. In other states (Mumbai, Bangalore etc.) they do not require any proof that you really need PCC. They will issue the PCC on the same day or probably in a week or so.

Now if your passport has address from state A and you live in state B, you do not need to get PCC from state A. You are only required to collect the PCC from state B. Your passport address does not matter. What matters is where you live right now. ( My passport had Gujarat address but i was living in Bangalore at the time and it took me 3 days to get the PCC stamped on my passport)

There are two different types of PCC. One from Local Police Station and another one from Local Passport Office. You do not need to obtain PCC from Local Police Station (its a different process and takes longer time).

If the address on your passport does not match the current address and you apply the PCC at Regional Passport Office, they will send the inquiry to your Local Police Station. When the form comes to the Local Police Station, they come to your house and ask around. They will send the form back to the Passport Office and it will be processed and your PCC will be ready to be picked up. You can request them expedite the whole process if your interview date is very close by showing them your interview letter. You may have to carry the form around to get the required signatures. (I know some people who had to do that)

When you get your PCC from RPO (Regional Passport Office), they will issue the certificate on Paper and will also put a stamp on your passport.

Just remember to carry some sort of Address Proof when you apply for the PCC from Regional Passport Office.

Check this link: http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/docAdvisor/pccPassport

When you go the page, answer the question as per your status and it will show you what kind of Address Proof is accepted.

Edited by SalJoy

Please click on "Timeline" link on the left to view my timeline.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

I tried to edit the post again but the whole post i made can be summerized in one short line "Just go to the nearest Regional Passport Office and ask them what is the procedure to get PCC."

Please click on "Timeline" link on the left to view my timeline.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.