I AM NOT THAT GUY

Police detain protesters outside Bush library opening

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

936867_446544888765736_871105352_n.jpg

The three people were placed in patrol cars Thursday as about 200 people marched in protest

Associated Press

DALLAS — Police have detained at least three people during a protest march in Dallas near the dedication site of the George W. Bush Presidential Center.

The three people were placed in patrol cars Thursday as about 200 people marched and chanted near the campus of Southern Methodist University. At least two of them, wearing masks of George W. Bush and former Vice President ####### Cheney, pushed toward police before being taken away.

The demonstrations were restricted to a zone cordoned off by barricades and separated from the center by a highway.

Other protesters included ex-talk show host Phil Donahue, who was executive director of the anti-war documentary called "Body of War."

Dozens of others wore signs listing the names of those who died in wars launched by the Bush administration.

http://www.policeone.com/Crowd-Control/articles/6209285-Police-detain-protesters-outside-Bush-library-opening/

Good job guys! good.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Pretty sad actually. I disagree(d) with Bush on alot of things, but he's been gone 5+ years now. They can join the Westboro nuts and protest at Bush's funeral as well when he dies.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Pretty sad actually. I disagree(d) with Bush on alot of things, but he's been gone 5+ years now. They can join the Westboro nuts and protest at Bush's funeral as well when he dies.

I agree. I know it's hard to tell with those masks on, but I bet half of those protesters weren't old enough to vote in 2004.

Timeline

you guys sure do forgive and forget quickly. not me.

I guess when you can't change the past, it's best to try and change the future. Or you can dwell on the past and become bitter. I suppose it's a personal decision.

Along the lines of what Teddy said, I bet they don't have a clue about the issues they are protesting about.

I guess when you can't change the past, it's best to try and change the future. Or you can dwell on the past and become bitter. I suppose it's a personal decision.

Along the lines of what Teddy said, I bet they don't have a clue about the issues they are protesting about.

when it comes to the position of president, i kinda feel like there should be a certain level of accountability.

to each his own i suppose.

Filed: Timeline

when it comes to the position of president, i kinda feel like there should be a certain level of accountability.

Exile? That would put the US firmly in the banana republic column.

The House has the ability to impeach the reputation of any President, and the Senate has the ability to remove him. If the President survives all that, then history will judge him as well. The Clinton's and the Bush's are buddy-buddy. If they can let bygones be bygones, then why can't you mature enough to move on?

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

There is accountability. It's called elections. And if that doesn't do the trick, they can impeach and remove the president.

Exile? That would put the US firmly in the banana republic column.

The House has the ability to impeach the reputation of any President, and the Senate has the ability to remove him. If the President survives all that, then history will judge him as well. The Clinton's and the Bush's are buddy-buddy. If they can let bygones be bygones, then why can't you mature enough to move on?

because i'm not a politician. bush and crew led us into a war that i will be paying for the rest of my life. so will my son. not to mention his issues with torture. i am not stuck, no need to move on from anything; i have every right to dislike bush.

There is accountability. It's called elections. And if that doesn't do the trick, they can impeach and remove the president.

and now that he's no longer president, i'm supposed to revere and honor him? whatever.

Timeline

because i'm not a politician. bush and crew led us into a war that i will be paying for the rest of my life. so will my son. not to mention his issues with torture. i am not stuck, no need to move on from anything; i have every right to dislike bush.

Don't feel bad. Me and my children will be paying for everything Obama ran up up on the country's credit card as well.

Timeline

and now that he's no longer president, i'm supposed to revere and honor him? whatever.

No one said anything about revere and honor, except you. The guy had a Library opened in his name that was built with private donations. Some nuts showed up to protest a guy that has been out of office for 4+ years now. If they don't want to revere and honor the guy, no problem. Just seems a little lame to me to show up at his library opening and protest.

Don't feel bad. Me and my children will be paying for everything Obama ran up up on the country's credit card as well.

we had no reason to go to war in iraq. really, i'm not as concerned with the financial loss as i am the human loss, but i guess i should be mature and accept that's just how the u.s. does things. send the kids off to war - verfiy cause for war later..