24 posts in this topic

i found out 1 week ago that i was being deceived by my future husband. he is nigerian and lives in spain. i do not understand how a person can pretend to be so in love with you but are scamming you the entire time. he needed and american passport so that he and his girlfriend and son could come live here in the united states. his plan was to marry me and then disappear after the the girlfriend from dominica came over to the states with her son. unfortunately he ended up in prison and everything came out.he had several women that he was sleeping with and they call them buisness partners.

there are 2 kids in nigeria that i put on my application but he lied about them living with his mother, they actually live with their mother in nigeria. he lived in spain and one of the spanish ladies were paying his rent and all of his bills, and giving him money. once he was arrested the spanish lady had his phone and she started calling all of the numbers. she found so many women in his phone and video of him having sex with many different women. she also found the girlfriends number who has the son, they both were unaware of each other. the girlfriend knew about me because she and him were in this together. she gave him permission to continue seeing me if it would get him to the states and she would follow.

now he is in prison and his friends are denying that they know anything about what he has been doing and they are asking me to send money to give to his lawyer so that he can come out of prison. this is his second time in prison for fraud. inot sending one dime to him. they just keep calling and saying i am the only person that can help him. i just cant do it. they want me to overlook what he has done. this is so hard for me to believe but it is true.

he knows my children, family and friends. i hate that he is in prison,but if he was not in prison then i would not know any of this. it is just hard for me to understand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

nigerians not living in Nigeria have (supposedly) a higher propensity for fraud, when chasing immigration stuff .

You're simply a stepping stone to him. That's all. IMO/E, all of the stuff he said to you was simply bait.

Here's a thought - fill up your voicemail on your phone, so no one can leave any more voicemail messages.

When you get in a call you don't recognize, send it to voicemail (which will then give the caller a general error message)

If you'd like to file a report with US ICE, you can certainly do that.

You dodged a bullet, for now. Burn some joss, seek some therapy, walk away.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Timeline

i found out 1 week ago that i was being deceived by my future husband. he is nigerian and lives in spain. i do not understand how a person can pretend to be so in love with you but are scamming you the entire time.

I think you have your answer already.

I'm sorry that you're going through this. rose.gif It's difficult to look at the bright side right now after you've spent so much time and money for you two to be reunited but it's also good to know that you are not yet married and he's now in prison.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

OP - if yer timeline is accurate, I strongly suggest you send off a I-129F Petition withdrawal request, certified with delivery signature,

back to the address in the receipt notice, sometime this week,

and wash your hands of this filth.

You can search on the google, for 'Nigerian 419' and 'Mugu' , learn much about the 'normal operating patterns' of these fellas.

as to his 'friends' - apologies - these are the fellas he works with, they are a krewe, working together to bilk USCitizens and other foreign nationals out of monies.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

OP - if yer timeline is accurate, I strongly suggest you send off a I-129F Petition withdrawal request, certified with delivery signature,

You can search on the google, for 'Nigerian 419' and 'Mugu' , learn much about the 'normal operating patterns' of these fellas.

as to his 'friends' - apologies - these are the fellas he works with, they are a krewe, working together to bilk USCitizens and other foreign nationals out of monies.

Good advice! :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

I feel very sorry you're going through this. I know there's nothing thats going to ease your pain right now. If his friends call looking for money from you to get him out, just tell them he's sitting right where he belongs. He's obviously been scamming and hurting many people, and you probably just know the tip of the iceberg.

My lord the second time in prison for fraud! He's not even very good at it.

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I have to call on my break at work today and withdraw my petiton, i should be very thankful that i found out in time

I feel very sorry you're going through this. I know there's nothing thats going to ease your pain right now. If his friends call looking for money from you to get him out, just tell them he's sitting right where he belongs. He's obviously been scamming and hurting many people, and you probably just know the tip of the iceberg.

Thank God he's not very good at it!

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

you are right nothing can ease the pain,but i have realized that i am only 1 of many that he is scamming

nigerians not living in Nigeria have (supposedly) a higher propensity for fraud, when chasing immigration stuff .

You're simply a stepping stone to him. That's all. IMO/E, all of the stuff he said to you was simply bait.

Here's a thought - fill up your voicemail on your phone, so no one can leave any more voicemail messages.

When you get in a call you don't recognize, send it to voicemail (which will then give the caller a general error message)

If you'd like to file a report with US ICE, you can certainly do that.

You dodged a bullet, for now. Burn some joss, seek some therapy, walk away.

i will do that, and eventually they will stop calling me

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Off Topic to Effects of Major Changes forum -- topical matter is a better fit in destination forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I feel for your pain, trust me, I feel for you. You should be happy that he did not get here Andy you have now been spared the pain of what some of us have been through. He is where he belongs, for you there is never a worse feeling than knowing you just a stepping stone in a persons life, try to be healthy and move, this was caught early and you have done all you can do...now change your number, try to pick up the pieces. Sorry about all of this

Filed: Timeline

i found out 1 week ago that i was being deceived by my future husband. he is nigerian and lives in spain. i do not understand how a person can pretend to be so in love with you but are scamming you the entire time. he needed and american passport so that he and his girlfriend and son could come live here in the united states. his plan was to marry me and then disappear after the the girlfriend from dominica came over to the states with her son. unfortunately he ended up in prison and everything came out.he had several women that he was sleeping with and they call them buisness partners.

there are 2 kids in nigeria that i put on my application but he lied about them living with his mother, they actually live with their mother in nigeria. he lived in spain and one of the spanish ladies were paying his rent and all of his bills, and giving him money. once he was arrested the spanish lady had his phone and she started calling all of the numbers. she found so many women in his phone and video of him having sex with many different women. she also found the girlfriends number who has the son, they both were unaware of each other. the girlfriend knew about me because she and him were in this together. she gave him permission to continue seeing me if it would get him to the states and she would follow.

now he is in prison and his friends are denying that they know anything about what he has been doing and they are asking me to send money to give to his lawyer so that he can come out of prison. this is his second time in prison for fraud. inot sending one dime to him. they just keep calling and saying i am the only person that can help him. i just cant do it. they want me to overlook what he has done. this is so hard for me to believe but it is true.

he knows my children, family and friends. i hate that he is in prison,but if he was not in prison then i would not know any of this. it is just hard for me to understand

Sorry that this happened.

Part of the healing process, IMHO, is figuring how this happened on your own (what red flags were present - and there are). Additionally, you are still susceptible (trust me I've seen this happen many times), you really need to disconnect from all the sordid stuff. Write your letters to the guvmint entities, disconnect yourself from "his" crew (family. friends, facebook, etc) and go cultivate new friends. You can be easily reeled back in if you are still in their circle. These are pro.

(quoted inappropriate comment already removed also removed - moderator)

Ouchie...that hurts.

Edited by Kathryn41
to remove quoted inappropriate comment already removed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.