Cliff&Liz

Honeymood outside the USA

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your EAD/AP card will allow you to work and travel. You cannot do either of those things until you have that card.

It generally takes 2-3 months after filing to get approved and received, but it can take longer.

Thanks for the info

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes, there are restrictions, cannot leave the US without applying for AOS, adjustment of status, and/or receiving Avanced Parole document Or Green Card. They (at POE) will refuse re-entry.

I would suggest that you travel there prior to entry to the US. Once visa is issued there is a certain amount of time I think 4 months to use it to enter into the US. Then you can get married within the 90 day time period. I know that it is backwards, but it is a solution to your wanting to go to Paris. Also, the same for the cruise.

Error, I meant to type without applying.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Am I really not able to work for that long? Does't Obama want my tax $$'s?

You really are not able to work for that long. How could you? You really have no status in the country from coming down on a K1 visa. And simply being married to an American citizen doesn't give you the right to work in America. You have to do some paperwork. It's only a few months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My original plan was to be working with my TN Status and apply for AOS while I still have enough time on the TN. My work contract expired and I wasnt able to find work according to the TN. We decided to follow the K1 route. If only that had worked out. oh well more waiting.

My original plan was to be working with my TN Status and apply for AOS while I still have enough time on the TN. My work contract expired and I wasnt able to find work according to the TN. We decided to follow the K1 route. If only that had worked out. oh well more waiting.

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that once you get your K1 visa, your TN becomes invalid.

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can travel to US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska without a passport, and Cliff can travel to those areas with no problem, just don't go outside of US Territories. He will be OK if he has a valid passport and I-94 or stamp in his passport that shows he was admitted legally.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/980

Edited by rickalamo02

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just filed for my husbands ability to work, travel and green card. I was told by another who already did the process that she got her work and travel permit 2 months after filing but is still waiting for her green card. also remember the cost of filing for these 3 items is $1070.00. my husband got here 11/27/12, we married 12/20/12 and i waited til after i filed taxes to submit the AOS so i could use the tax money to pay for it.

so i'm expecting that in 2-3 months he will have his work permit and ability to travel (i saw this girls card, looks like your visa info from passport but on a hard plastic card like a state license)

once we have that we are going to Turkey to celebrate our marriage, a hind site celebration for all those abroad that could not attend

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure that once you get your K1 visa, your TN becomes invalid.

Correct all other visas are canceled on approval of K-1. Even tourist visas.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Your EAD/AP card will allow you to work and travel. You cannot do either of those things until you have that card.

It generally takes 2-3 months after filing to get approved and received, but it can take longer.

She is right, you can do whatever you want as long as you have the EAD/AP in your hands. Normally takes between 60 to 75 days to receive after the initial filling. Take in mind that this is an expensive process $1070 and you need to be patient. The other important thing is to be sure that the airline/cruise company allows you to return to the States with the AP. Even when is completely legal to re-entry with an advance parol, I heard so many stories where the airlines company don't let people even to get in the plane, cause they don't know anything about AP or any travel document, so call them before your trip so you don't have any issues. Besides that, you will need to go through thee "white room" again (The white room or immigration room, is a place where all the people who are entering with a immigrant visa, needs to stay until they are fully process) All the k1, cr1, h1, j1 ect ect visa holders needs to go through this stage to be admit. Normally takes no more than 3 or 4 hours but now with the recent cuts on the budgets, there are less employes in that area. A friend of mine arrived to Atlanta 2 weeks ago with a k1 visa and she waited for 6 hours, because of this. So if you travel with an AP you will need to go through the immigration room again.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hey fellow January filer smile.png

We are also hoping for a November wedding! However, we have to keep our honeymoon to within the states, as as far as im aware, once your married, you can leave the states but you cant get back in! As the K1 petition expires as soon as your married so you will not have authority to reneter the states with your spouse. You can only reenter the country once u get AP.

Some one with more expierence will come along and correct me if im wrong but thats the understanding we had

You are correct. That's the way it is.

My experience: I had to travel back to my homecountry last December using the AP and they still gave me a little bit of trouble at the POE when I returned.

Anybody that needs to travel abroad while AOS pending, needs to have the AP or GC in hand. Otherwise you can not re enter US. Unfortunately I could not wait to get the GC to travel, but I would suggest to wait the GC to be safe.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

K 1 cancels other visa's?

Not so.

Not that it matters.

Edited by Boiler

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Our card arrived in 84 days, AP shortly there after as we filed separately, don't do that file together. As slow as things have been i would be careful about firm plans you cannot change, good luck.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You can travel to US Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Alaska without a passport, and Cliff can travel to those areas with no problem, just don't go outside of US Territories. He will be OK if he has a valid passport and I-94 or stamp in his passport that shows he was admitted legally.

the issue here.. it is Possible, that something could happen on your travel is re routed to somewhere that is NOT US Territories or US State.. then fiance is stuck! not saying it will but it could

it is better not to chance these things.. err on side of caution..

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.