Lynnrj

Its been six months and still "Pending Consideration"!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My husband contacted USCIS concerning our I-130 and today we received a letter from them stating that our petition is still pending consideration?? why?? what does that mean? whats wrong that we can't get any information?

Im totally upset right now because it makes no sense to me..

Timeline

I just don't understand! It's so frustrating and unfair at least if they gave us and explanation. have they looked at our petition? or is it still sitting on some guys desk under a pile of other papers??

You do know that approving the petition takes a while, right? 6+ months is the norm. Hopefully you'll get approval soon.

Your petition is in line waiting to be adjudicated. Like all other petitions filed 6 months ago. The time is not unusual.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

Yes I understand, and thank you,My frustration lies in the fact that they say pending consideration, which doesnt tell me that they have even looked at our petition, i know theres a long wait and I understand I just dont believe that pending consideration tells us that they are working on our petition and those of so many others...

You've gone from saying you have no idea what it means, to drawing conclusions based on what you think it means. Cut it out, it's not good for your stress level :)

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

i THINK it means that someone is working on our petitions, they are just doing the necessary verifications, background checks, etc. I know those take a couple of weeks sometimes to get them back depending on what they are, so in conclusion i think we are being worked on now. But i understand the wait is horribly difficult. i feel like my life is at a "stand still" until my husband gets here.

i THINK it means that someone is working on our petitions, they are just doing the necessary verifications, background checks, etc. I know those take a couple of weeks sometimes to get them back depending on what they are, so in conclusion i think we are being worked on now. But i understand the wait is horribly difficult. i feel like my life is at a "stand still" until my husband gets here.

Oh, completely. I think we all feel like this at all stages of the procedure, except days when we actually see case movement.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

It all depends on where your petition is being adjudicated as to how long it’s going to take. For instance the files with petitioners in the Atlanta area have only had 1 approval go through (from VJ) since they switched to the local offices. Some of the people got their NOA1 August of last year.

The Local Offices seem to be unable to input status changes to the USCIS database. My NOID was never input into the system and our NOA2 came from NBC not from the local office.

Your husband should be able to get better information by making an InfoPass appointment at the local office. We found out at our InfoPass that our file was assigned to an adjudicator (who was not in the office that day) and that our NOID response was in the file.

It’s frustrating to see people who filed after you flying through the system (I get that - trust me), but remember that there are many people who filed ahead of you that are still waiting as well. I keep trying to remind myself that this time of waiting is going to seem like a minuscule portion of time compared to the time we will have together. I do hope you hear something soon though!

Timeline

Thank you, Im stressed because my husband has had some major health issues and I need to be there to make him slow down and enjoy life a little more..we arent children we are near our retirement...ok him more than me.. but its not like we plan on moving me in and me having kids and what not its simply me wanting to grow old with my husband..I appreciate your words all of you....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh, completely. I think we all feel like this at all stages of the procedure, except days when we actually see case movement.

lol, just trying to be positive.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.