Niels Bohr

Advice for tourist Visa

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Very simple.

They were here for fun, but, at the same time on their arrival a number of clubs and restaurants just asked them to appear for a performance and they'll get paid. So, they just show up because they want money.

There are artists visas, and such which I'm aware. If it requires a risk on my part to take a guess, I'd say they're abusing a traveler visa. Atleast it'll stir up investigation based on my complaint. I like to pressure them because they didn't accept the proof that my niece has that overcome her ties to Cambodia. So, a few 10 year ban on several celebs is no big deal to me. Might be for some people. But, since it's a perception problem with the embassy, they need to recognize the fact that some people even though they're young, married, don't have a child will return to Cambodia.

This is discrimination on a definition they defined in "ties to" Cambodia.

There are cases that certain people didn't even have all the documents they need to overcome the illegal immigration. They got tourist visas. So, what's so special about my niece? Well, this third time my wife and I will be present at the embassy. And, I will demand answers for that definition if it's not given to me. I have every right as a citizen to become empowered to get an exact definition.

Do you really think ICE will investigate all these people base upon your "guess" that they are abusing their visas? Do you have any proof? My guess is that you have no evidence that could spark an investigation. Also, don't you think ICE has bigger priorities than this?

How does that help your niece? If those people get investigated, how does it help your niece to show that Cambodians abuse the visitor visa?

You can demand "answered for that definition," but you aren't going to get any answer. You do not have a right to get the US Embassy to explain a legal definition to you. If you want to know what constitutes "string ties," then you need to hire a lawyer to explain it to you. What law entitles you to an answer from the US Embassy?

Let us know how your presence at the US Embassy changes the determination for a visitor visa when you are not even a part of the process.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thank you for concern aaron2020. This is a fight worth fighting for. There will be no bloodshed, though. LOL. I'm loaded with money.

Just stirring up issues to pressure them even more.

Did you know that you don't need a be citizen to work in the Immigrant Visa Department? So, they can pick and choose who works there from the local labor pool.

The local labor pool also have grown up in Cambodia. They eat, small, and tastes Cambodian culture throughout the course of their lives so they have a perception issue when adjudicating the applicants.

Do you really think ICE will investigate all these people base upon your "guess" that they are abusing their visas? Do you have any proof? My guess is that you have no evidence that could spark an investigation. Also, don't you think ICE has bigger priorities than this?

How does that help your niece? If those people get investigated, how does it help your niece to show that Cambodians abuse the visitor visa?

You can demand "answered for that definition," but you aren't going to get any answer. You do not have a right to get the US Embassy to explain a legal definition to you. If you want to know what constitutes "string ties," then you need to hire a lawyer to explain it to you. What law entitles you to an answer from the US Embassy?

Let us know how your presence at the US Embassy changes the determination for a visitor visa when you are not even a part of the process.

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Timeline

It super that you are "loaded with money." So what does that have to do with your niece ocercoming the presumption of illegal immigration?

Isn't the Cambodian adjudicators that you praised the same ones that denied two application already?

Thank you for concern aaron2020. This is a fight worth fighting for. There will be no bloodshed, though. LOL. I'm loaded with money.

Did you know that you don't need a be citizen to work in the Immigrant Visa Department? So, they can pick and choose who works there from the local labor pool.

The local labor pool also have grown up in Cambodia. They eat, small, and tastes Cambodian culture throughout the course of their lives so they have a perception issue when adjudicating the applicants.

It super that you are "loaded with money." So what does that have to do with your niece overcoming the presumption of illegal immigration? It doesn't. Your money and you are not a part of the process, so I don't know why you keep bragging about this. You have nothing to do with a visitor visa application for a foreign citizen.

Aren't the Cambodian adjudicators that you praised the same ones that denied two applications already?

Edited by aaron2020

Timeline

Did I praised them?

Or you think people who are right, don't deserve to fight for what is right? Sounds like you an intention to put me down, and give up? I think it's every way reasonable to force this topic of inconsistency to the US Embassy over there.

It super that you are "loaded with money." So what does that have to do with your niece ocercoming the presumption of illegal immigration?

Isn't the Cambodian adjudicators that you praised the same ones that denied two application already?

Timeline

One of the purpose of VJ is to give out helpful information.

It is well known that a visitor visa applicant must overcome the presumption of illegal immigration.

It is also well known that no one, not even a rich USC, can vouch or guarantee anything.

You seem to think that your situation matters. I'm here to let others who are reading his thread for information that a "sponsor" is meaningless and will not help with a visitor visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is no fight, do you really think just coz of your complaint consulate is going to start investigation?

Get real... lol they get those kinda email by tons

As been posted by Boiler and Aaron - tourist visa is not a right nor any senator would do anything about it. on non-immigrant visa COs have the final call thats what they are for and thats their job for which they have been trained and they do that every single day.

In your case the outcome was not in your favour so you all roused up against other folks and making an assumption that they are abusing their visas.

Timeline

It matters to the adjudicator professionalism because, do they like to see my face everyday answering the same question? Do you like me to be in their face?

I think being in front of their window everyday would be a waste of time for me. But, I'm sure they don't want to see me in there everyday either, right? However, If I'm following rules everyday entering and exit, then, as a US citizens I cannot be refused the right to ask questions everyday in Embassy.

One of the purpose of VJ is to give out helpful information.

It is well known that a visitor visa applicant must overcome the presumption of illegal immigration.

It is also well known that no one, not even a rich USC, can vouch or guarantee anything.

You seem to think that your situation matters. I'm here to let others who are reading his thread for information that a "sponsor" is meaningless and will not help with a visitor visa.

Timeline

It matters to the adjudicator professionalism because, do they like to see my face everyday answering the same question? Do you like me to be in their face?

I think being in front of their window everyday would be a waste of time for me. But, I'm sure they don't want to see me in there everyday either, right? However, If I'm following rules everyday entering and exit, then, as a US citizens I cannot be refused the right to ask questions everyday in Embassy.

You have a right to reasonable service.

You do not have a right to pester, annoy, or interfere with embassy operations.

Good luck with returning everyday to rhe US Embassy to make demands in a case that has nothing to do with you.

Got jail?

Timeline

Jailtime for asking questions? Then we should place reporters in jail. rofl.gif

You have a right to reasonable service.

You do not have a right to pester, annoy, or interfere with embassy operations.

Good luck with returning everyday to rhe US Embassy to make demands in a case that has nothing to do with you.

Got jail?

Please tell us how much money you have again. It's super exciting and relevant to the matter at hand.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

There is an obvious solution, EB5.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

to the OP: While as a citizen you can enter the embassy, you cannot obtain information about a visa denial, other than generic info. Your appearance at the embassy everyday (allegedly) won't put any pressure on any VO, no matter how experienced or inexperienced he or she may be. You cannot control their decision making, nor can any senator or any 'big shot' friend of yours. Oddly, you claim you and your wife will be attending the niece's interview; but you will quickly discover that you will not be allowed to do so, no matter how you may rant and rave about your 'rights.' You have none as far as this process goes....zero....nada....in spite of all of your 'vast wealth.'

And, if indeed you attempt to accompany her, well, her visa request will be denied even faster....why? because your presence in Cambodia, along with your wife's, means there will no need for the niece to travel in order to visit with your spouse! You will have resolved the 'gosh, I miss my niece' issue instantly.

No U.S. laws will be changed because you might decide to throw a fit in the embassy, or make 'demands' that the entire process be changed to suit you....what you will discover is that if you create enough of a disturbance, you will be placed on the 'no admittance' list..and then you will NOT be allowed to enter the embassy without the permission of the consul general....because all they have to do is state that you are now a security risk..and the end of your daily visits to pester the consular staff.

While local Cambodian citizens work inside our embassy, as other foreign nationals do in every country in which we have an embassy, they are not empowered to adjudicate visas...only VOs (who must be USCs) are legally empowered to do so...without any influence from ANY third party.

Your 'pedigree' or bank account or anything else you may have or possess bears ZERO positive bearing on the eventual adjudication of a tourist visa....every applicant must convince a VO that he or she will depart the US when they say, and not engage in unlawful employment while in tourist status....there is absolutely nothing you can do to enhance her chances of getting said visa....waving your bank statements around or threatening to call your senator will be met with a loud yawn....you cannot do anything to change the VO's mind, or our laws.

You will no doubt soon discover this fact.....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.