Suddy

How do I print pictures for evidence at visa interview? I would really apprecicate your help

23 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello, hope everyone is doing well..

I have all my pictures saved on my computer, I did not make a photo album for wedding photos.. Is it ok for me to print the photos like regular photos and write place, date and occasion on back of photo once its time for interview? If so can the photos be printed on regular printer paper or do I have to use photo paper? Will the fact that I do not have a wedding photo album be a problem? I was also wondering if I print photos even wedding photos at time at interview with photo material will IO inquire as to why photos are new, if so what would be my best answer?..

Thanks in advance

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Digital photos are fine. We did not have a wedding album, and all our photos are digital. We had our photos printed on photo paper but some others were on regular paper. I honestly don't think photos printed before the interview will look any different than ones printed earlier. They don't get handled that much and even sitting in a file for months won't age them. The main thing is to tell a story with your photos, the story of your relationship.

XMY93gI.jpgXMY9m5.png

AAD1m5.pngThankYouUSA-Kosova.jpg

See my Timeline for details of our visa journey
17-Aug-2011 Our Wedding Day in Kosovo 
07-Nov-2011 Filed I-130
21-Nov-2011 NOA1
23-Aug-2012 NOA2 Approved 276 days
10-Jan-2013 Case complete via email

28-Feb-2013 Interview, result AP
11-Apr-2013 Embassy appointment - VISA APPROVED and issued in 4 hours
30-Apr-2013 POE Chicago O'Hare - He's home!

04-Sep-2014 Moved to northern California

12-Mar-2015 Filed ROC
16-Mar-2015 Documents delivered
18-Mar-2015 Check cashed
19-Mar-2015 NOA1 dated 03/16/2015 received in mail
13-Apr-2015 Biometrics completed
02-Feb-2016 Contacted USCIS about case, was told it's on hold because of security checks (email)
04-Mar-2016 Moved to Wisconsin
12-Aug-2016 New Biometrics appointment
14-Sep-2016 Contacted USCIS again about case (email said we should hear from them by Oct 6)
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 explaining the Service Request is currently being reviewed by an officer.
22-Sep-2016 Letter from USCIS dated 9/20 with Interview appointment for both of us for 28-Sep-2016
28-Sep-2016 Interview, both of us, separated, not hard, 10 min. each, result---said hubby will get GC in about 10 days
26-Oct-2016 *****STILL WAITING*****
02-Nov-2016 Card is being produced!!!
08-Nov-2016 Card is mailed
10-Nov-2016 Card is Delivered!!!! YAY
CITIZENSHIP: 

Biometrics appointment for 2020-03-27 has been cancelled until further notice as all field offices are closed because of COVID-19.

***NOA dated 12/10/2020 USCIS stated they are able to reuse previous Biometrics***

Interview was easy. My hubby's Oath Ceremony is scheduled for February 25th. I can't watch >sad< but happy he is getting his certificate!

25-FEB-2021 Oath Ceremony! My hubby is a Citizen!

Timeline

Digital photos are fine. We did not have a wedding album, and all our photos are digital. We had our photos printed on photo paper but some others were on regular paper. I honestly don't think photos printed before the interview will look any different than ones printed earlier. They don't get handled that much and even sitting in a file for months won't age them. The main thing is to tell a story with your photos, the story of your relationship.

Oh great! Thanks so much... This was really precise! I do appreciated your help.. God bless...

Timeline

Oh! Is it ok for me to write place, date and occasion on back of photos?

Thanks again

Filed: Timeline

Could someone else please share their experience?.. So I am able to print photos on regular printer paper? Is it ok to write time, place, occasion under each photo instead of having to verbally describe every single one?

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Filed: Timeline

It's ok to write date, place and people in photos at the back.

Have you thought of making your photos into a collage on 8x11 photo paper? That way, you would have 4 or 5 or even 6 individual photos on one paper.

Iron Sharpen Iron!

Timeline

Have you thought of making your photos into a collage on 8x11 photo paper? That way, you would have 4 or 5 or even 6 individual photos on one paper.

ok ok.. sounds great! Thanks a lot for your suggestion.. Much appreciated!

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello, hope everyone is doing well..

I have all my pictures saved on my computer, I did not make a photo album for wedding photos.. Is it ok for me to print the photos like regular photos and write place, date and occasion on back of photo once its time for interview? If so can the photos be printed on regular printer paper or do I have to use photo paper? Will the fact that I do not have a wedding photo album be a problem? I was also wondering if I print photos even wedding photos at time at interview with photo material will IO inquire as to why photos are new, if so what would be my best answer?..

Thanks in advance

ADVICE: Since you are headed to interview stage, it is important for you to obtain information from those from your specific embassy. It is important that although everyone's viewpoint and suggestions are helpful, they do pertain to what you specifically need at the JA Consulate.

1. You can go to any photo shop in JA, and they can print your pictures for you. You can put them on a jumpdrive, CD, etc.... If you print your picturesyourself, I would use photo paper, and cut them out myself.

2. Since your spouse will be at your interview, I would suggest they buy at least two wedding albums and bring them on their next visit. That way you can design your wedding album, instead of just putting in pictures.

Remember, you are already at an advantage. You need to do anything, and everything that you can, to tell the IO your story through pictures.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

ADVICE: Since you are headed to interview stage, it is important for you to obtain information from those from your specific embassy. It is important that although everyone's viewpoint and suggestions are helpful, they do pertain to what you specifically need at the JA Consulate.

1. You can go to any photo shop in JA, and they can print your pictures for you. You can put them on a jumpdrive, CD, etc.... If you print your picturesyourself, I would use photo paper, and cut them out myself.

2. Since your spouse will be at your interview, I would suggest they buy at least two wedding albums and bring them on their next visit. That way you can design your wedding album, instead of just putting in pictures.

Remember, you are already at an advantage. You need to do anything, and everything that you can, to tell the IO your story through pictures.

Edited by kally101

We went the photo collage route, 6 up on a piece of paper with captions explaining what each photo was and the date it was taken.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Thank you for the information and suggestions.. I will get a wedding album for the wedding photos as you suggested.. How do I go about obtaining information specifically from Jamaicans on here?

We went the photo collage route, 6 up on a piece of paper with captions explaining what each photo was and the date it was taken.

Thanks for sharing..I will try same with regular photos and add wedding photos to an album.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is it ok for me to print the photos like regular photos and write place, date and occasion on back of photo once its time for interview?

Yes you can.

When I was assembling my I-130, I registered for free at Shutterfly, http://www.shutterfly.com/kodakgallery/ where a new user can get 50 free prints of size 4" by 6" (of course you got to pay for shipping, but it's worth it).

Then, used a wordprocessing program, i.e. MS Word to create create two 4" by 6" rectangles on each page, at at the bottom of each rectangle, typed a description of the photo I would paste in that 4" by 6" rectangle space. Then i printed the pages, and pasted the photographs. I submitted 12 photographs.

I'm sure there are simpler ways, but I wanted to give the USCIS folks the best impression possible :-)

szds5u62r.png

SANJOG - Marriage Made in Heaven
09/28/2012: Married the love of my life in a traditional Hindu ceremony - Saat Phere
10/01/2012: Court Marriage

USCIS
10/22/2012: Submitted I-130
10/24/2012: USCIS Notice of Action Received Date
10/24/2012: USCIS Notice of Action Priority Date
10/25/2012: I-797C, Notice of Action Notice Date
10/26/2012: USCIS texted/emailed me that they received I-130
02/25/2013: USCIS website says I-130 is approved

NVC
03/15/2013: Received NVC Case Number
03/15/2013: Received Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice
03/29/2013: Mailed Choice of Address and Agent to NVC
03/29/2013: Made $88 AOS fee payment
04/11/2013: AOS fee status "PAID"
04/13/2013: Made $230 IV fee payment
04/14/2013: FedEX'd the AOS package
04/19/2013: IV fee status "PAID"

05/08/2013: FedEX'd the IV package (said lots of prayers while preparing the documentation!!!)

05/22/2013: NVC gave checklist to send Indian Police Certificate

06/23/2013: FedED'd the IV package with Indian Police Certificate and Updated Passport Page (I was added as Spouse)

07/25/2013: Case Complete

Embassy

07/31/2013: Received Interview Date for 09/19/2013

09/10/2013: Husband did Medical

09/19/2013: Interview Date for US Embassy in New Delhi - OM SAI RAM - ***APPROVED***

09/26/2013: Husband received Passport with US Visa in postal mail

***USA***

10/10/2013: Flight Departs New Delhi

10/11/2013: Flight Arrives USA

10/24/2013: Husband received Social Security Card

11/13/2013: Paid $165 Immigration Fee

12/09/2013: Husband received Green Card

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Have you thought of creating your own album on shutterfly? I did that a couple months ago that chronicles our first two years together. You can choose the size you want, where you want the pictures placed, what style background and you can also write on it whatever you want in reference to each picture. I live in Brazil, so I created the album ( my husband doesnt have much patience lol ) and I sent it out to his home address.

My album was 79 pages long, large & hardcover for 100 bucks. Not bad right?

Regards,

Thalita & Manuel

Yes you can.

When I was assembling my I-130, I registered for free at Shutterfly, http://www.shutterfly.com/kodakgallery/ where a new user can get 50 free prints of size 4" by 6" (of course you got to pay for shipping, but it's worth it).

Then, used a wordprocessing program, i.e. MS Word to create create two 4" by 6" rectangles on each page, at at the bottom of each rectangle, typed a description of the photo I would paste in that 4" by 6" rectangle space. Then i printed the pages, and pasted the photographs. I submitted 12 photographs.

I'm sure there are simpler ways, but I wanted to give the USCIS folks the best impression possible :-)

Lol! You totally read my mind! I second his idea for sure!

04-16-2011: Started Dating

08-30 2012: We got married

10-22-2012: I130 registered at the USCIS

02-02-2013: I130 approved

02-27-2013: Petition registered at NVC

05-20-2013: NVC Case complete

05-27-2013: Received email NVC Case complete

06-04-2013: Called NVC - Interview scheduled for 07-05-2013

06-04-2013: Confirmation from NVC by email

06-06-2013: Left NVC

06-10-2013: Arrived at Rio de Janeiro Embassy - CEAC website shows case as "Ready"

06-19-2013: Recieved confirmation email from the Rio de Janeiro Embassy

07-02-2013: Medical

07-05-2013: Interview

07-25-2013: I-601 Waiver received in NSC

02-07-2014: NSC sent an RFE

04-16-2014: I-601 Approved

05-19-2014: Visa in Hands

06-06-2014: POE - JFK

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.