Bugs

CSC Slowdown After December 2012?

27 posts in this topic

While I think it is fantastic that everyone in 2012 is deservingly getting approved in droves, I have a gut feeling that the rapid pace is set to end after they finish the last of the 2012 applicants and are back within their goals, meaning the 2013 applicants like myself may have to wait for a bit (but hopefully not as long as the 2012 applicants did). VSC is waiting, not to mention a huge portion of CSC staff seems to be working on I-129F applications which can only mean they are temporarily putting off other application types.

I really do hope I am wrong. What do you guys think?

barata-gif-3.gif

I have a gut feeling that they may have shipped some VSC workers to CSC or sent some workload to VSC. I don't think it's coincidence that VSC has taken a month to do about 20% of October filers and is stuck in a rut, which began at almost exactly the same time as CSC approvals went through the roof. I believe as soon as they're back in a decent timeframe to get the heat off of their back, CSC will go back to a more normal pace. Both SCs are unpredictable and are a law unto their own, however.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

I don't think they moved workers as much as they simply moved the workload. And no, I am not talking about I-129Fs. I think what happened was that all the DACAs or other types were shipped to VSC to handle for a while, while they commit to the backlog of I-129Fs, which would explain why VSC stopped processing their I-129Fs. Once CSC goes back to and finishes the December 2012 I-129Fs, they may take that delegation back off the VSC's hands so THEY can go back to the I-129Fs.

It's speculation, yes, but a longtime poster on here told me that this "boom and bust" pattern these service centers follow. I'll be keeping a close eye on it in a couple weeks once they reach that threshold with the current pace.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think it's safe to assume that CSC will start slowing down again. Hopefully not to the stand-still it was at for over three months, but probably back to a "normal" processing rate of 5 months. As long as they're int he 5 month range, they have no motivation to continue supplying so much labor to I-129Fs when they have other visa types to handle.

I've posted calculations on other threads, but if CSC keeps up at the current rate of approvals, they'll be done with December in about 2.6 weeks. If they slow down to a more "normal" rate this week, they'll be done with December in about 6 weeks. Both would be putting CSC back in the approximately 5 month goal.

Don't be too disheartened, though. VSC filers are LUCKY if they are approved under 6 months even in "normal" periods.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/19/2012 - Mailed I-129F via USPS Express
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/21/2012 - NOA1 date of receipt
12/26/2012 - NOA1 received via text/email
12/27/2012 - Checked cashed by USCIS
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

05/16/2013 - NOA2 received via text/email

05/20/2013 - NOA2 hardcopy received in post

05/28/2013 - NVC receives packet and assigns London case number

07/15/2013 - Sent all paperwork/medical complete

08/23/2013 - Receive Interview Date

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I think it's safe to assume that CSC will start slowing down again. Hopefully not to the stand-still it was at for over three months, but probably back to a "normal" processing rate of 5 months. As long as they're int he 5 month range, they have no motivation to continue supplying so much labor to I-129Fs when they have other visa types to handle.

I've posted calculations on other threads, but if CSC keeps up at the current rate of approvals, they'll be done with December in about 2.6 weeks. If they slow down to a more "normal" rate this week, they'll be done with December in about 6 weeks. Both would be putting CSC back in the approximately 5 month goal.

Don't be too disheartened, though. VSC filers are LUCKY if they are approved under 6 months even in "normal" periods.

Yes I agree...

Today I did it too but only with VJ members of AUGUST to FEB 06th and if they keep doing 22-23 approvals per day they would finish with VJ members of AUGUST to FEB 06th in 20 days.

I know there are many petitions but its good to think within 20 days we all here can have our noa2.

And even if they finish Dec in 2-6 weeks they will back to normal rate because Jan filers are waiting for 4 months. They wont let happen again the delays....hope so.

About VSC I've no idea what's going on but we can't blame CSC for it.

Wish good lucky to everyone.

Edited by Sweet dream

Jan 31st 2013 - Filed I-129F
Feb 06th 2013 - NOA1( 4 days after USCIS received)

May 24th 2013 - NOA2 (3 months 2 weeks 4 days)

Jun 07th 2013 - NVC Received (14 days after NOA2)

Jun 10th 2013 - Got Number (RDJ) ( 17 days after NOA2)

Jun 11th 2013 - NVC Left ( 1 day after get number)

Jun 13th 2013 - Consulate Received (3 days after RDJ)

Jun 17th 2013 - Got email from Embassy ( 4 days after Consul received)

Aug 13th 2013 - Interview (60 days after Consul received)

event.png
event.png

Yeah, I'm not disheartened, as I've been skeptical from the start of this frenzy lol. For this reason. What goes up must come down at some point.

I've also observed, while watching the dynamics of this subforum, what one hopes for would affect others negatively, and vice versa. For example, hoping that CSC continues its rapid pace past the December applicants would obviously mean that we unintentionally hope for continued VSC slowdown. While we all would like to see our applications processed quickly, it is almost like we are inadvertently pitted against each other lol.

barata-gif-3.gif

Yes I agree...

Today I did it too but only with VJ members of AUGUST to FEB 06th and if they keep doing 22-23 approvals per day they would finish with VJ members of AUGUST to FEB 06th in 20 days.

I know there are many petitions but its good to think within 20 days we all here can have our noa2.

And even if they finish Dec in 2-6 weeks they will back to normal rate because Jan filers are waiting for 4 months. They wont let happen again the delays....hope so.

About VSC I've no idea what's going on but we can't blame CSC for it.

Wish good lucky to everyone.

Well my NOA1 was April 8, so I've got a little ways to go anyways. I just hope it doesn't become 8-9 months for me due to another standstill like those from 2012 have had to suffer. But my fiance and I are prepared for it.

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well my NOA1 was April 8, so I've got a little ways to go anyways. I just hope it doesn't become 8-9 months for me due to another standstill like those from 2012 have had to suffer. But my fiance and I are prepared for it.

I dont think you'll wait so long....If they finish 2012 the logical is they'll keep doing 2013....u applied in april why you are so worried? just few days you are waiting ...

On may 20th just came and check igor's list if you see almost all 2012 above 70% you should be happy....

Be positive

Jan 31st 2013 - Filed I-129F
Feb 06th 2013 - NOA1( 4 days after USCIS received)

May 24th 2013 - NOA2 (3 months 2 weeks 4 days)

Jun 07th 2013 - NVC Received (14 days after NOA2)

Jun 10th 2013 - Got Number (RDJ) ( 17 days after NOA2)

Jun 11th 2013 - NVC Left ( 1 day after get number)

Jun 13th 2013 - Consulate Received (3 days after RDJ)

Jun 17th 2013 - Got email from Embassy ( 4 days after Consul received)

Aug 13th 2013 - Interview (60 days after Consul received)

event.png
event.png

Timeline

Yeah, I'm not disheartened, as I've been skeptical from the start of this frenzy lol. For this reason. What goes up must come down at some point.

I've also observed, while watching the dynamics of this subforum, what one hopes for would affect others negatively, and vice versa. For example, hoping that CSC continues its rapid pace past the December applicants would obviously mean that we unintentionally hope for continued VSC slowdown. While we all would like to see our applications processed quickly, it is almost like we are inadvertently pitted against each other lol.

CSC and VSC don't operate together, so one going fast does not mean the other will slow down. People aren't being shipped across the country to work on petitions. Reallocation occurs within the centers. Wishing that CSC continues to move quickly does not equal hoping VSC slows down. We should be hopeful that both will begin operating within the 5 month goal.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey
12/21/2012 - I-129F arrives in Lewisville, TX according to USPS tracking (delayed because it's the USPS)
12/31/2012 - Alien Number changed (NOA1 hardcopy in post, but was away for 2 weeks prior)

09/19/2013 - Interview

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

CSC and VSC don't operate together, so one going fast does not mean the other will slow down. People aren't being shipped across the country to work on petitions. Reallocation occurs within the centers. Wishing that CSC continues to move quickly does not equal hoping VSC slows down. We should be hopeful that both will begin operating within the 5 month goal.

? I agree

Yes, but workload gets shifted from one service center to the other, not necessarily personnel. Such as DACA, which has been shifted between service centers as evidenced in news releases. Which, in turn affects how many work on i-129Fs at each service center. This would explain the concurrent slowdown at VSC which started at the same time the pickup at CSC started.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

I would hope to agree, but as I've said before, I don't think it's a coincidence that exactly as the I-129F boom at CSC began, the snail pace of VSC began. It's fairly obvious that some workload has been shifted between the service centers so CSC can play catch up following the heat they were under. It isn't something they could exactly advertise on their website though, lest all the VSC filers get riled up.

Edited by QueenOfBlades

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Yes, most think that the CSC slowdown of I-129Fs that occured earlier this year were due to DACAs being processed. Then we got news releases saying that these DACAs were being given to other service centers to work on. So CSC could therefore go back to working on I-129Fs while, say, VSC handles the DACAs or other types of outsourced workloads and halts their I-129Fs to allocate their personnel for that. It may go back and forth like this.

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

I would hope to agree, but as I've said before, I don't think it's a coincidence that exactly as the I-129F boom at CSC began, the snail pace of VSC began. It's fairly obvious that some workload has been shifted between the service centers so CSC can play catch up following the heat they were under. It isn't something they could exactly advertise on their website though, lest all the VSC filers get riled up.

Yes, but workload gets shifted from one service center to the other, not necessarily personnel. Such as DACA, which has been shifted between service centers as evidenced in news releases. Which, in turn affects how many work on i-129Fs at each service center. This would explain the concurrent slowdown at VSC which started at the same time the pickup at CSC started.

The DACAs and such were transferred to Texas, not VSC, and was explained in the news releases. The slowdown at VSC is probably due to reallocation of their resources within the center itself as Vermont already processes their own share of DACA and other applications.

There has been no report of workload transfer from CSC to VSC.

I am the USC/petitioner.

Our K-1 Journey

09/19/2013 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.