autex

Question about DS 0230 (Who is "You"?)

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Germany
Timeline

Hey folks, the instructions for form DS0230 on the germany/usembassy.gov website state:

-The biographic data form DS-23O Part I and II (pdf) should be completed for each person applying for a visa, regardless of age.

And on the form itself, it states:

-Complete one copy of this form for youself and each member of your family, regardless of age, who will immigrate with you.

Perhaps I've been living in Germany for too long and am losing my command of the English language, but what am I supposed to do? Am I supposed to complete JUST ONE copy of the form (both parts) regarding my foreign spouse, or will I have TWO copies total - one for me AND one for my spouse? Quite confusing. My spouse is the only intended benefitiary. They also say:

Please obtain the original documents or certified copies from an appropriate authority (the issuing entity) for yourself and each family member who willaccompany you to the United States.

Who is "You"? Is "You" me, the petitioner, or is "You" my foreign spouse?

Do I (USC) fill out the DS0230 at all?

Thanks in advance for your help, this is annoying.

Edited by autex

The ds-230 is the visa application. Only the beneficiary fills it out.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Only the visa applicant applies for a visa. It doesn't matter who fills it out but "you" refers to the person applying for the visa. At this stage of the process the foreign spouse is the "visa applicant". US Citizens do not immigrate to the USA.

The ds-230 is the visa application. Only the beneficiary fills it out.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.