macattack

15 approved petition everyday?

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm failing to see what is productive about this thread any longer. It has simply become a CSC v. VSC. Guess what! Nobody gets a say in which service center they get sent to or how long they will have to wait. This community is supposed to be supportive, not a competition between who has it worst.

I am very new to this thing. And I don't know what CSC v VSC about. But I guess they are comparing who is faster or doing a slow job.

For me I only have one thought in this. Centers really need to work on our papers specially those of earlier months. I have been seeing January filers, Dec filers getting approved (not many) but still it makes me pout and say "WHEN IS MINE GOING TO BE APPROVE?"

long sigh******

Also, I heard people say call your congressman and senators.

What exactly do you say to them?? Can somebody help me with this. We are considering this option.

If not for VJ I wouldn't have thought of calling congressman or senators..

My fiancé is also in the army, would asking his superior or whatever helps too??

Timeline

Yes...I filed in July 2012 and everytime I come on this website and see all these couples getting approved who applied months after me it really makes me disgusted and sick about how my government treats me and keeping my family separated. I am a 7th generation american, I pay taxes and lived my whole life in the US so why can't I have my husband here??!! and why is everyone getting approved before me...I know a majority of people here are doing fiancee visas but still honestly, why am I still waiting? I had to have our first baby here in Chicago alone because for what? as much as everyone says the US does not discriminate, be real you know they do. my husband is arab, a palestinian and living in one of the worst places that most people overlook. it's not fair. I went to my congressman, my senator and I get no help, no answers. I have done everything I can do and I'm still beyond frustrated, I can't believe I've been waiting for 9 months now

I am sorry to hear that. Yeah! it sucks but you have been waiting more than I do. But it still sucks! our first NOA1 was on Oct 18. We sent our papers September but they have to send it back to us due to some error in the paper.

I can feel your burden. I hope we get our papers approved very soon. It sucks to be far away from your loved one. :((

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Where are you getting this information? It is simply wrong.

Yes, that's the only thing I take issue with. While I appreciate the effort it must take to draw these statistical conclusions, following them up with web address sources of where the premise info is coming from would silence the dissent as well as confirm my (according the #s out there) upcoming depression cray5ol.gif

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

129fcomparison.gif

This is the graph I had mentioned. It shows the total approvals for that month for each center. Some people have a problem with me pointing this out. Mostly it comes from the CSC people, but there is a large difference in approvals for seven months. This is the "ammo" I can bring with me to my appointment. I don't believe anyone can argue that fact that CSC has been faster than VSC historically. I would pay to have my petition at CSC, even with a 2 month shutdown, they are making up for it in leaps and bounds.

I disagree that this is personal, the fact is VSC has slowed in the past few weeks to a crawl. But everytime this is mentioned by anyone on the site, a CSC person seems to chime in...now why is that? I can find over a dozen threads on CSC's slowdown and the frustration it was taking on the CSC people.

We all are waiting and both centers have people waiting more than the center's goals, so instead of attacking the accuracy of the delays occuring at VSC, why not either offer some positive words or just not comment?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

129fcomparison.gif

This is the graph I had mentioned. It shows the total approvals for that month for each center. Some people have a problem with me pointing this out. Mostly it comes from the CSC people, but there is a large difference in approvals for seven months. This is the "ammo" I can bring with me to my appointment. I don't believe anyone can argue that fact that CSC has been faster than VSC historically. I would pay to have my petition at CSC, even with a 2 month shutdown, they are making up for it in leaps and bounds.

I disagree that this is personal, the fact is VSC has slowed in the past few weeks to a crawl. But everytime this is mentioned by anyone on the site, a CSC person seems to chime in...now why is that? I can find over a dozen threads on CSC's slowdown and the frustration it was taking on the CSC people.

We all are waiting and both centers have people waiting more than the center's goals, so instead of attacking the accuracy of the delays occuring at VSC, why not either offer some positive words or just not comment?

Well said. Bravo! I would pay whatever uscis wants if they would process it like an expedite.

129fcomparison.gif

As was pointed out to you earlier, this graph only includes those petitions that were actually approved and completely ignores all other petitions waiting. The majority of the petitions approved in the time frame you mentioned were expedited or had congressional intervention.

If this graph accurately depicted the reality of the situation, then the majority of August 2012 filers would have been approved months ago, not within the past few weeks. And we both know that isn't true.

If you live in a well-populated area, your elected official may already be aware of the USCIS issue. If they do, bringing in inaccurate information will not help your case. If they are not aware already, it is unlikely that they will pay any attention to this graph because this data does not come from USCIS.

Anyhow, I wish you a speedy conclusion. Please keep us updated on the response from your congressman.

Timeline

Today I just found out that my papers are being processed at VSC.
I mean, VSC or CSC they need to work better and faster. :(
If the CSC is working fast now, they still need to do better than that because a lot of people are still waiting..
And VSC needs to wake up!!! #######, I may have to wait longer now (cry) :(

Today I just found out that my papers are being processed at VSC.

I mean, VSC or CSC they need to work better and faster. sad.png

If the CSC is working fast now, they still need to do better than that because a lot of people are still waiting..

And VSC needs to wake up!!! #######, I may have to wait longer now (cry) sad.png

Don't cry! You are an October filer and both service centers are currently working on October now. It's good news for you!

I know your pain and frustration as I am also an October filer. This wait has been terrible and not knowing when it will end is the worst part. But the good news is that it is only a few months. We're making lifetime commitments, and as bad as it seems now, the wait won't last forever.

Timeline

Don't cry! You are an October filer and both service centers are currently working on October now. It's good news for you!

I know your pain and frustration as I am also an October filer. This wait has been terrible and not knowing when it will end is the worst part. But the good news is that it is only a few months. We're making lifetime commitments, and as bad as it seems now, the wait won't last forever.

Thanks for cheering me up.

Yes. I am trying to keep my chin up.

And then I looked at Vermont's list, I'm like WHAAAT THE F.......... That much? Considering it's not the total list of all the people filling a petition.

Timeline

Ok...I'll make it simple for you...15/ wk approvals for VSC makes 60/month...there are still around 200 Oct and Nov petitions for VSC..tell me how soon they will finish Dec filers at this rate for VSC.....are we within the five month goal? My math says otherwise...

Ok...I'll make it simple for you...15/ wk approvals for VSC makes 60/month...there are still around 200 Oct and Nov petitions for VSC..tell me how soon they will finish Dec filers at this rate for VSC.....are we within the five month goal? My math says otherwise...

When I run the numbers for VSC here for K1 NOA2 approvals for April, I find 82 approved with 2 more business days left in the month. And each month has either 20 or 21 business days for processing cases. Also 21 RFEs issue for April. VSC incoming cases per month were 141 Oct, 105 Nov, 69 Dec, 112 Jan, 97 Feb and 76 Mar. If in April VSC already made a decision on 103 cases, they have processed more cases then the average incoming per month since Oct.

I do hope they speed up a bit though to get back under the 5 or 6 month timeframe.

All the best to everyone still pending a NOA2.

Timeline

Are you counting all of April for VSC? Even before the slowdown? That is not a current accurate average ...I would love to believe otherwise but unfortunately we have to go by the slowdown a few weeks ago...:( what is the rate for the last two weeks for VSC....?

Timeline

As was pointed out to you earlier, this graph only includes those petitions that were actually approved and completely ignores all other petitions waiting. The majority of the petitions approved in the time frame you mentioned were expedited or had congressional intervention.

If this graph accurately depicted the reality of the situation, then the majority of August 2012 filers would have been approved months ago, not within the past few weeks. And we both know that isn't true.

If you live in a well-populated area, your elected official may already be aware of the USCIS issue. If they do, bringing in inaccurate information will not help your case. If they are not aware already, it is unlikely that they will pay any attention to this graph because this data does not come from USCIS.

Anyhow, I wish you a speedy conclusion. Please keep us updated on the response from your congressman.

Ok now I am confused...are you saying that the graph has CSC's numbers wrong and they are in fact a much longer wait than is shown? If this is true, and I think that could be, what does that mean for VSC? Are their numbers in the graph also wrong and VSC is really waiting less time?

Are you saying that CSC is waiting much longer and VSC is doing the opposite here and actually approving closer to 100 days in those months? I am trying to understand all of this and that does not make sense to me...please explain.

Unfortunately, I can't explain the graph to you because it doesn't make any sense to me either.

What I know is that around October/November of last year, CSC was approving at a incredible 3-4 month average.

Then things started to slow down, with a total of:

31 VJ approvals for the month of November (mostly from July)

13 VJ approvals in December (also mostly from July)

18 VJ approvals in January (incl. 10 from July and 4 expedites)

15 VJ approvals in February (mostly from August)

25 VJ approvals in March (mix of July - September)

And we all know what has happened in April, a surge of November/December approvals followed by an unprecedented number of approvals wildly ranging from July - October.

I know I neglected to add in the number of RFEs for each month which will make a small difference, but I think from just looking at those numbers we can see that CSC has not had an average of 100 days for approval since last October or November.

I get this data from clicking on 'Immigration Timelines', then on the left selecting 'K1 visa timelines', filtering on California Service Center, then sorting in descending order by NOA2 date.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=5&op2=d&op3=1&op4=10&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=California%20Service%20Center&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=0

I'm really not sure what the graph means for VSC data. I haven't been following VSC closely, but I don't think that since I have been watching these forums (last October) that VSC has ever processed below a 6 month time frame. At times I think they were even up to 8 months or more. From what others have said, VSC is historically the slower processing center. I was shocked when I saw that USCIS published a 5 month time line for them because anyone that watches Igor's list knows that this is not what is currently happening. They were catching up, and I was hopeful that it meant that they would continue to catch up. I'm starting to have my doubts though.

In case you're interested, this website keeps a log of the published USCIS processing dates: http://www.aila.org/

On the right-hand side, just select the service center that you are interested in.

What I found interesting from that site was that before CSC started saying they were processing "July 18", they have been processing at or below their goal consistently for several years.

I guess in short, what I am trying to say is that I am not disputing that VSC is slowing down. I know that everyone in this process is anxious to move on and start our lives with the person that we love. I just wanted to make you aware of what happened at CSC so you can make informed decisions about how to approach your elected officials. I didn't want you to walk into your Congressman's office with a graph that shows inaccurate information.

I know that not knowing when this wait will end creates a lot of stress and frustration. I'm no stranger to that. None of us are able to plan our lives, and the fluctuations in the processing times is enough to make any of us scream. This immigration system needs to change! Both service centers "should be" processing at the same rates. We as American citizens "should be" able to trust that our government will do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it. And that is why we all need to stand together in this.

Edited by 2far

Timeline

good.gifwow.gif Thanks for this.

Unfortunately, I can't explain the graph to you because it doesn't make any sense to me either.

What I know is that around October/November of last year, CSC was approving at a incredible 3-4 month average.

Then things started to slow down, with a total of:

31 VJ approvals for the month of November (mostly from July)

13 VJ approvals in December (also mostly from July)

18 VJ approvals in January (incl. 10 from July and 4 expedites)

15 VJ approvals in February (mostly from August)

25 VJ approvals in March (mix of July - September)

And we all know what has happened in April, a surge of November/December approvals followed by an unprecedented number of approvals wildly ranging from July - October.

I know I neglected to add in the number of RFEs for each month which will make a small difference, but I think from just looking at those numbers we can see that CSC has not had an average of 100 days for approval since last October or November.

I get this data from clicking on 'Immigration Timelines', then on the left selecting 'K1 visa timelines', filtering on California Service Center, then sorting in descending order by NOA2 date.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/k1list.php?cfl=0&op1=5&op2=d&op3=1&op4=10&op5=5,6,8,10,11,13,14,15,16,17,18,20,21,22,25,26,27,28,108,110,111,208,210,211&op6=California%20Service%20Center&op7=All&dfile=No&adv=0

I'm really not sure what the graph means for VSC data. I haven't been following VSC closely, but I don't think that since I have been watching these forums (last October) that VSC has ever processed below a 6 month time frame. At times I think they were even up to 8 months or more. From what others have said, VSC is historically the slower processing center. I was shocked when I saw that USCIS published a 5 month time line for them because anyone that watches Igor's list knows that this is not what is currently happening. They were catching up, and I was hopeful that it meant that they would continue to catch up. I'm starting to have my doubts though.

In case you're interested, this website keeps a log of the published USCIS processing dates: http://www.aila.org/

On the right-hand side, just select the service center that you are interested in.

What I found interesting from that site was that before CSC started saying they were processing "July 18", they have been processing at or below their goal consistently for several years.

I guess in short, what I am trying to say is that I am not disputing that VSC is slowing down. I know that everyone in this process is anxious to move on and start our lives with the person that we love. I just wanted to make you aware of what happened at CSC so you can make informed decisions about how to approach your elected officials. I didn't want you to walk into your Congressman's office with a graph that shows inaccurate information.

I know that not knowing when this wait will end creates a lot of stress and frustration. I'm no stranger to that. None of us are able to plan our lives, and the fluctuations in the processing times is enough to make any of us scream. This immigration system needs to change! Both service centers "should be" processing at the same rates. We as American citizens "should be" able to trust that our government will do what they say they will do, when they say they will do it. And that is why we all need to stand together in this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the USCIS Service Centers forum -- topic chiefly pertains to processing-rates overall. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.