yolo0223

Proof of bona fide marriage?

6 posts in this topic

Hello,

Me (Japanese) and my wife (US citizen) are planning to send I-130 to Chicago Lockbox.

Instruction says we should send the proof of bona fide marriage but we dont have any of the thing on the list they suggest.

We've been married little over three years and lived together in Japan ever since.

Japanese banks do not allow joint bank account so we have separate bank accounts.

We do not own any property, cars, etc.

The only thing we could think of are photos, or resident registration with both of our names on it.

My question is, will USCIS deny or request more proofs?

If so, we are not sure what to send.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I suggest adding marriage certificate, from Courts.

And also, affidavits from people on your side of the family, or friends that knew you before marriage, stating (1) how they know you, (2) that they attended your wedding, (3) that they know you to be a happily married couple. Same affidavit should be from your wife, i.e her family, or friends.

And also submit marriage photographs. I submitted 12 of them, pasting two photos per page, explaining who the people are in the photos, and what marriage customs are being done. And make the the people in the photographs are smiling!!!!!! Or at least, looking happy :-)

szds5u62r.png

SANJOG - Marriage Made in Heaven
09/28/2012: Married the love of my life in a traditional Hindu ceremony - Saat Phere
10/01/2012: Court Marriage

USCIS
10/22/2012: Submitted I-130
10/24/2012: USCIS Notice of Action Received Date
10/24/2012: USCIS Notice of Action Priority Date
10/25/2012: I-797C, Notice of Action Notice Date
10/26/2012: USCIS texted/emailed me that they received I-130
02/25/2013: USCIS website says I-130 is approved

NVC
03/15/2013: Received NVC Case Number
03/15/2013: Received Affidavit of Support (AOS) Processing Fee Bill Invoice
03/29/2013: Mailed Choice of Address and Agent to NVC
03/29/2013: Made $88 AOS fee payment
04/11/2013: AOS fee status "PAID"
04/13/2013: Made $230 IV fee payment
04/14/2013: FedEX'd the AOS package
04/19/2013: IV fee status "PAID"

05/08/2013: FedEX'd the IV package (said lots of prayers while preparing the documentation!!!)

05/22/2013: NVC gave checklist to send Indian Police Certificate

06/23/2013: FedED'd the IV package with Indian Police Certificate and Updated Passport Page (I was added as Spouse)

07/25/2013: Case Complete

Embassy

07/31/2013: Received Interview Date for 09/19/2013

09/10/2013: Husband did Medical

09/19/2013: Interview Date for US Embassy in New Delhi - OM SAI RAM - ***APPROVED***

09/26/2013: Husband received Passport with US Visa in postal mail

***USA***

10/10/2013: Flight Departs New Delhi

10/11/2013: Flight Arrives USA

10/24/2013: Husband received Social Security Card

11/13/2013: Paid $165 Immigration Fee

12/09/2013: Husband received Green Card

I suggest adding marriage certificate, from Courts.

And also, affidavits from people on your side of the family, or friends that knew you before marriage, stating (1) how they know you, (2) that they attended your wedding, (3) that they know you to be a happily married couple. Same affidavit should be from your wife, i.e her family, or friends.

And also submit marriage photographs. I submitted 12 of them, pasting two photos per page, explaining who the people are in the photos, and what marriage customs are being done. And make the the people in the photographs are smiling!!!!!! Or at least, looking happy :-)

good.gifgood.gif That is what we did, beside the marriage certificates we sent notarized affidavits from family and friends who knew we were married and who attended our wedding. If I am not mistaken there are sample affidavits here on VJ.

Edited by Mar_Wil

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

You didn't make a wedding announcement? What about invitations? Wedding shower? No honeymoon with souviners documents that are available?

Christmas cards addressed to the both of you? Mailing labels from official (or non official places)? Wedding anniversary cards to each other or from friends/family?

Letters from each other? Sweet notes? "Just because" examples on paper that demonstrate an ongoing committed relationship (or love/affection)?

Membership ID's that are identical except for your photos/first names to the same place bought on the same date? (We included copies of our season passes to Space Center Houston, for example. Who else would buy these together except married people?!?!)

Insurance card with the names of everyone on the plan cited on the card? Anything from a third party that includes the name of each person? Tickets to travel or events?

A birth certificate from a child with both names? (We are almost at that point--but just got the greencard 2 weeks ago!)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

If you have a lot of photos I had over 300. I printed them in a postage stamp format with one full page of our wedding photo. I did not identify all the people and events. I should have use a cover page that list them. I did put all the other things that were suggested. Also put email logs and selected emails. I also had posted my marriage on facebook and people who commented. I put copies of the pages from facebook into the application. I still waiting for my NOA2 so I will see if this was enough.

Edited by vegas12

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.