Navid+Tina

Stupidest RFE in immigration history!

52 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

It depends.

It is possible to get more than 1 RFE. Its rare but possible.

It is also possible to be denied. Also rare but possible.

An RFE is exactly that, request for evidence. Just because you give evidence does not guarantee it is enough or matched other

Is there anything they could find that might cause them to deny your petition? If so, and they find it without you being upfront about it, they wont view that in a positive light. WHATEVER YOU DO NEVER LIE OR TRY TO HIDE INFORMATION FROM USCIS. If not then you should be fine.

Thanks but no, I havn't held back any info

The only reason for the RFE was a missing "N/A" according to them.

I have searched the forums and overall online and have not come across a single instance of a i129f being denied with the paperwork being complete.

I have heard of it being denied to to the lack of a particular needed item.

Our petition is complete in everything they asked for.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

How long did it take you to receive yours after they received an RFE from you?

I received the same RFE as you, send it back, they are processing and still nothing... It's going to be a week tomorrow... what is taking so long? I can't wait any more. People from February are being approved which is a good sign but I'm a December filer...

Thanks sooo much!!

It was a wonderful surprise

• 1 month later...

It's such a simple thing to avoid these RFEs why can't the form have a "none" or "NA" box for any field where it's possible....simple :(

Government :(....

1/16/2013: NOA1
5/29/2013: XFER TO TSC
6/24/2013: NOA2
7/11/2013: Mailed to NVC
7/19/2013: Received NVC#(MNL#) in email
7/22/2013: Petition packet Shipped to Manila from NVC "In Transit"
7/24/2013: Petition package received in Manila - Consulate ready for interview
8/01/2013: Medical at St Luke's PASSED!!!
8/12/2013: INTERVIEW American CO " APPROVED"
8/13/2013: CEAC STATUS - administrative processing

8/15/2013: CEAC STATUS - ISSUED

8/26/2013: received VISA

9/05/2013: POE - GUAM -Flight from MNL to El Paso, TX- BEST DAY EVER =)

10/5/2013: Married!!

11/13/2013: Filed AOS / EAD/ & AP

11/18/2013: NOA1 all

12/12/2013: Biometrics completed

05/27/2014: AOS Interview

05/27/2014: AOS approved Received GC a week later.

10/08/2014: Report of Marriage & Passport Renewal LA Consultate General

See Hank_'s guide after NOA2:

red_flashing_arrow.gif Link to the K-1 Visa Process for Manila Embassy : Click Here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.