LaVegano

My Info. Pass Appointment

10 posts in this topic

Ok so today I went to my info. pass appointment. Woke up at 4;00am to make it. Got there and there were 3 people in the huge office. This is why I like early morning appointments place was empty. Anyway I sit down and start to ask her questions about my wifes name on the petition and so on. Well I get to the question of how long are we looking at for a decision. She answered that we are looking at 8-12 months from todays date just for the USCIS decision my wife and I have already been waiting 2.5 months and 3-4 more months for NVC and embassy. :wow:Then she told me that my wife would get a visa quicker if I filed the K-3 on top of the CR-1. Now this lady is blowing my mind with these comments. So she went and got the K-3 application and sat down and went through it with me line for line with a highlight marker. At this point I am rolling my eyes thinking what the hell is she talking about. I do not believe the USCIS will take this long. The whole appointment took 20 minutes. Then I called the USCIS hotline when I walked out of the office and the operator told me that tier 2 assistance was not available at the moment. So I hung up on her and called right back and had a tier 2 IO on the phone with me within 10 minutes. She lied and I knew she was lying. :hehe: Anyway the IO Then told me that our I-30 petition was at the MSC (NBC). But yet I informed him that 3 weeks earlier another tier 2 IO told me that on march 19th my case was transferred to the local Dallas office. He said hold one minute and came back and confirmed that it was transferred to Dallas office. But he said it was received on April 24th. And told me to count 90 days from that date and if I have not heard anything from USCIS to call back. I guess what I am getting at is if you talk to 4 different IOs you will get 4 different stories on your case. This worries me. I talked to my senator today and he is going to get to the bottom of this. Or at least his aides said they were.

I AM USC

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

USCIS is full with unqualified officers processing petitions. Most of these folks do not even know the law. USCIS with all the petition fees collected from applicants needs to use part of this money to conduct a robust internal training for these officers on procedures, laws, so that if you ask different officers the same question, all will provide the same answer, rather than giving you different stories, confusing and worrying applicants' mind.

Edited by longtrip
USCIS:

04/01/13: I-130 Sent

04/03/13: I-130 Package received by CIS – Priority Date

04/04/13: I-130 NOA1 Email received

04/08/13: I-130 Check cashed ($420)

04/08/13: I-130 NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/14/13: I-130 transferred from NBC to Nebraska Service Center

03/02/14: I-130 NOA2 Email received

03/06/14: I-130 Email received - Shipped to NVC

03/06/14: I-130 NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC:

03/12/14: I-130 petition received at NVC

04/14/14: I-130 Case number Assigned

04/16/14: AOS invoice generated

04/16/14: AOS invoice available and PAID ($88.00)

04/17/14: Mailed AOS Package to NVC

04/21/14: AOS Package delivered at NVC

04/24/14: IV invoice available and PAID ($230)

04/25/14: IV Package mailed to NVC

04/28/14: IV Package delivered at NVC

04/28/14: IV Fees deducted from bank account

04/29/14: IV fee shows as “PAID”

04/29/14: DS-260 Submitted online

05/12/14: AOS (I-864) Accepted – No checklist

05/20/14: Case complete

06/11/14: Interview date assigned (July 29 at 8am)

06/12/14: Case shipped to consulate

CONSULATE (Cameroon):

06/16/14: Case arrives consulate

06/26/14: Case shows READY in system

07/14/14: Medical done - Medical Fees ($220)

07/29/14: Interview date @ 8:00 am. Interview Approved

08/21/14: Visa Received

08/27/14: US Entry

09/05/14: Paid Immigrant Fee via USCIS Elis system ($165)

09/12/14: Immigrant Case received by USCIS Mesquite TX office

10/02/14: Green card received

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (I-751):

06/03/16: I-751 sent ($590)

06/06/16: NOA1 Date (I-751 Package received by CIS)

06/13/16: I-1751 NOA1 Hardcopy received (with note EXTENDING CONDITIONAL RESIDENCE FOR 1 MORE YEAR). No need to have passport stamped at local office while case is being processed.

USCIS is full with unqualified officers processing petitions. Most of these folks do not even know the law. USCIS with all the petition fees collected from applicants needs to use part of this money to conduct a robust internal training for these officers on procedures, laws, so that if you ask different officers the same question, all will provide the same answer, rather than giving you different stories, confusing and worrying applicants' mind.

Ain't this the truth. I just could not believe my ears when she was telling me this info. I will NOT be filing a K-3 petition you can believe that.

I AM USC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Seriously USCIS has pass all those lines. I hate to say that but I hate the agency more than anything right now. I mean how can she even talk about K3? Why would they try to mislead people? We haven't done anything but try to do the right thing right way unlike illegals who are currently getting VIP treatment for doing illegal things, some of them bought ID's, driving licenses, SS numbers, fake marriages, illegal border crossing, Working illegally, did not pay tax and so on but still government is encouraging them to keep doing that.

I have been waiting since 5 months and found that USCIS IO's are full of lie. Big fat liars are sitting there. I feel they must be getting hired for being Liars.

USC here yes.gif
------------------------------
I130

11/30/2012 - NOA1 - NBC
01/09/2013 - Transfer to local office(Newark, NJ)
03/11/2013 - INFO Pass
04/04/2013 - INFO Pass

04/30/2013 - RFE - Properly complete and re-submit G-325A.
05/09/2013 - RFE hand delivered to Local office.

05/10/2013 - NOA2 - Newark NJ

NVC
05/13/2013 - NVC Received.
05/30/2013 - Case & IIN # Received.
05/30/2013 - DS3032 & E-mail sent to remove Attorney and appoint petitioner as choice of Agent.
05/30/2013 - NVC accepted request and stated that further communication will now directed to petitioner.
06/04/2013 - AOS & IV bill e-mail received, generated and paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS & IV status paid.
06/05/2013 - AOS package sent
06/12/2013 - IV package sent
06/25/2013 - AOS Accepted
07/03/2013 - IV accepted
07/03/2013 - Case Complete
07/30/2013 - Interview Date received

09/30/2013 - Interview

09/30/2013 - Approved

10/02/2013 - Visa in hand

10/05/2013 - POE

Seriously USCIS has pass all those lines. I hate to say that but I hate the agency more than anything right now. I mean how can she even talk about K3? Why would they try to mislead people? We haven't done anything but try to do the right thing right way unlike illegals who are currently getting VIP treatment for doing illegal things, some of them bought ID's, driving licenses, SS numbers, fake marriages, illegal border crossing, Working illegally, did not pay tax and so on but still government is encouraging them to keep doing that.

I have been waiting since 5 months and found that USCIS IO's are full of lie. Big fat liars are sitting there. I feel they must be getting hired for being Liars.

LOL. Yea the illegals get everything while we pay and wait wait wait. But yes the IOs are there to fill you with BS.

I AM USC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

please understand - the people behind the glass are NOT the I-130 adjudication staffers for the Dallas office.

I suggest you go again, and ask pointed questions.

Here's my lists:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408164-info-pass-to-local-field-office/#entry5953573

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422688-people-that-still-waiting-for-nvc-case-number/?p=6194948

Read those, refactor your plan.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

please understand - the people behind the glass are NOT the I-130 adjudication staffers for the Dallas office.

I suggest you go again, and ask pointed questions.

Here's my lists:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/408164-info-pass-to-local-field-office/#entry5953573

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/422688-people-that-still-waiting-for-nvc-case-number/?p=6194948

Read those, refactor your plan.

Wow. Will they and are they required to answer all of those questions? How did you go about asking for a unit supervisor. Even calling my local cable TV internet company getting a supervisor is not easy.

I AM USC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

All n all, I went 5 times. 1 time I got the I-130 Adjudication Unit Supervisor. The rest of the visits, the floor supervisor had convos with the I-130 unit supervisor, each time. I brought my questions in written form so the floor supervisor could read them outloud.

I'm a bit over the top, as I never, ever accepted the first response from anyone behind the glass - they didn't even know that I-130s were sent from MSC to their office for local adjudication, when there's about 220 humans assigned in the other side of the building on this one task.

If you make enough of a fuss, each time, a human will step out of their comfort zone and actually make inquiries with the I-130 adjudication unit. It's on you to assist with the shifting, though. Don't accept anything they read off of their computer screen, back to you, either, as that is just as bad as the @#$ ing CSRs back at the national call center.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

All n all, I went 5 times. 1 time I got the I-130 Adjudication Unit Supervisor. The rest of the visits, the floor supervisor had convos with the I-130 unit supervisor, each time. I brought my questions in written form so the floor supervisor could read them outloud.

I'm a bit over the top, as I never, ever accepted the first response from anyone behind the glass - they didn't even know that I-130s were sent from MSC to their office for local adjudication, when there's about 220 humans assigned in the other side of the building on this one task.

If you make enough of a fuss, each time, a human will step out of their comfort zone and actually make inquiries with the I-130 adjudication unit. It's on you to assist with the shifting, though. Don't accept anything they read off of their computer screen, back to you, either, as that is just as bad as the @#$ ing CSRs back at the national call center.

LOL. Wow is all I can say I cannot go 5 times. It is hard enough to take time off of work to visit my wife. I am over the top as well and have no problem insisting on getting answers (this is my wife) and no govt. worker is going to kick me to the curb. VJ stats say we should be approved between May 9th-June 3rd so we will see what happens. But your info. is golden, thanks.

I AM USC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.