Karee

Most 401k plans are a scam

30 posts in this topic

You should thank your lucky stars that the FED thanks to it's asset buying program, has effectively made investing on the stock market a risk free proposition. Go American capitalism!

rofl.gif

i don't get it.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

rofl.gif Yeah, right. Go suck on somebody else's tailpipe.

Sure, the FED's monthly $85 Billion bond buying program has no effect on anything. I bet you probably think the money all goes on helping pay for Obama care or what not.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Timeline

rofl.gif

rofl.gif Edited by InKorea

June 14, 2013 RFE

Filed: Timeline

Sure, the FED's monthly $85 Billion bond buying program has no effect on anything. I bet you probably think the money all goes on helping pay for Obama care or what not.

What it has done is perpetuate the same mechanism that caused the equity market failure five years ago, by forcing down interest rates. By doing so, the Fed is keeping cash that would otherwise be entering the market from doing so. The longer the Fed uses this lever, the more severe the rebound will be when it releases it. The stupidity is mind numbing.

Edited by The Patriot

Timeline

What it has done is perpetuate the same mechanism that caused the equity market failure five years ago, by forcing down interest rates. By doing so, the Fed is keeping cash that would otherwise be entering the market from doing so. The longer the Fed uses this lever, the more severe the rebound will be when it releases it. The stupidity is mind numbing.

Sure, but it also helps protect companies from being forced into bankruptcy due being over leveraged, and sensitive to higher interest rates as ordinarily would have been the case during poor economic times. This is why I say the FED has effectively outlawed risk.

June 14, 2013 RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Huh? I thought the FED was buying the bonds BACK from the Chinese Goverrnment, giving PRC USDollars in currency. Did I miss something?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Not sure.

I use Sharebuilder for my investments. They help guide me. And, also Google finance is good too because they can provide the beta ratios which is one of the valuable things I look at too.

Do they still publish those?

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Not sure.

I use Sharebuilder for my investments. They help guide me. And, also Google finance is good too because they can provide the beta ratios which is one of the valuable things I look at too.

I am not very sophisticated. I follow a few interesting funds for a while, by looking at past performance, and analyzing their graphs. I catch them a few times near the bottom of their price ranges. The ones that stay true to form, I keep buying, the ones that don't, I leave alone. I found a few excellent performers that way. I have far better luck with the picks I found, than the dogs my "investment counselor" steered me toward, as the "recommended" funds for somebody with my investment goals. I had a check-up last year when they hired somebody new in that position, and when we compared notes, there wasn't anything he could say, which was probably a smart decision on his part.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I am not very sophisticated. I follow a few interesting funds for a while, by looking at past performance, and analyzing their graphs. I catch them a few times near the bottom of their price ranges. The ones that stay true to form, I keep buying, the ones that don't, I leave alone. I found a few excellent performers that way. I have far better luck with the picks I found, than the dogs my "investment counselor" steered me toward, as the "recommended" funds for somebody with my investment goals. I had a check-up last year when they hired somebody new in that position, and when we compared notes, there wasn't anything he could say, which was probably a smart decision on his part.

Funny how that works. My "investment advisor" told me the same thing. Nothing.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Timeline

Actually,

I invest myself using the Lipper Leader Ratings that calculated the five numbers you need to calculate your risk and balance your portfolio for profitability.

These are the total returns, consistent return, preservation, tax efficiency, and expense. Numbered 1-5 for each rating. Then, if you want to see how much you loose when the market goes down or up, look at the beta.

Once you know the basics of reading the charts, you can take calculated risk to increase your profit margin. That is the difference between a day trader and an investor.

Actually,

I invest myself using the Lipper Leader Ratings that calculated the five numbers you need to calculate your risk and balance your portfolio for profitability.

These are the total returns, consistent return, preservation, tax efficiency, and expense. Numbered 1-5 for each rating. Then, if you want to see how much you loose when the market goes down or up, look at the beta.

Once you know the basics of reading the charts, you can take calculated risk to increase your profit margin. That is the difference between a day trader and an investor.

Consolemaster lives!! How have you been?

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Timeline

Not good. I'm very disappointed with the immigration system. My wife and I are working people, and are always in line with the law. For so many years now, all she wants was to freaking get her niece to visit us.

They refused her niece a visa on grounds that she doesn't have strong ties that would want her to return to Cambodia. Heck, I'll kick her back if I have to! Come on stupid embassy! :D

Consolemaster lives!! How have you been?

Not good. I'm very disappointed with the immigration system. My wife and I are working people, and are always in line with the law. For so many years now, all she wants was to freaking get her niece to visit us.

They refused her niece a visa on grounds that she doesn't have strong ties that would want her to return to Cambodia. Heck, I'll kick her back if I have to! Come on stupid embassy! biggrin.png

That sucks. It happens that way for quite a few countries. It's hard to get a tourist visa to come visit. And so many are for giving amnesty to the illegals yet the system is broken for those who follow the rules. Go figure.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015